“Lunch”

Ranked #5 of 29 Restaurants in Gordon's Bay
Price range: US$0 - US$180
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Description: 67 Beach Road, Gordon's Bay Situated at the Foot of the Helderberg Mountain range. Tallas Tavern is a historic building that dates back to over 60 years.
Reviewed 10 March 2014 via mobile

As im english I have to say this is the best fish&chips I have had outside of the uk , my wife had a flavoursome chicken burger which she throughly enjoyed .The menu was great with a good verity & we sat at the end & had no problem with the service , overall a lovely place to have our last lunch in s.a for a wee while , highly recommend

Reviewed 8 March 2014

We always eat at Tallas and support them. We have never had a problem nor needed the manager's assistance until this evening. We ordered two Cape Malay Lamb curries. The potatoes were 1 or 2 days old in the curry and the cauliflower was raw as well as the so called cheese sauce tasting of raw flour. We requested from the waiter to see the manager. The waiter came back and told us he cannot find the manager then he came back a 2nd time and said the manager will give us coffee. That is not the point as we explained to the waiter. Our problem is that the manager did not have the common courtesy to assist us. He sends the poor waiter to us. We recommended a lot of our friends to Tallas but I assure you we will give them the negative feedback. The so called manager/owner is absolutely useless as well as their chef. Shocked and disgusted and on principle we will not support Tallas ever again. i would rather go to a Franchise than go to them again. Their are plenty Restuarants around this area being Helderberg area . I did leave my number on the bill for the manager to phone me. I will not hold my breath for his call as we can see he lacks common courtesy. Just totally disgusted all round.

Reviewed 5 March 2014

Service was a bit slow when my husband and I ate there, how ever, I must say, nobody can beat their Calamari

Reviewed 26 February 2014

They had great food and the employees kept my children entertained. Loved it!!!!!!! The perlemoen was very tasty.

Reviewed 8 January 2014

Food was great, service good and location excellent - we spent a very pleasant afternoon there! It was constantly busy, which is always a good sign!