“Paradise in the Med. Long walk down and then up. Breathtaking”

Cavagrande del Cassibile
Ranked #1 of 17 things to do in Avola
Reviewed 24 June 2013

We came here in July 2011.

Both my wife and I are under 30 and at the time our kids were 5 and 7.

We travelled over 180 miles to get here and it was definitely worth. I wish I had got here in the morning and spent the whole day enjoy this beautiful place.

......but beauty comes at a price...
It takes around 45 mins to walk down the mountain and around 70 mins to walk up. This coupled with the heat and fatigue makes the return journey a real struggle.

Make sure you wear good quality trainers to go up and down. You can do it in flip flops but if you are carrying bags/children footwear can make a big difference.

You'll need your own packed lunch as they dont serve anything down here. It literally is a pure untouched nature spot
I'll be coming back here at the next opportunity

Even if you are 300 miles away from this place its worthwhile it if you can get 3 hours of quality relaxing at this amazing place

4  Thank shazzy_shah

Reviewed 8 June 2013

Come here if you are interested in Mediterranean flora: the diversity between top and bottom of the gorge is remarkable.
Spring and autumn are likely the best seasons to visit this place and weekdays are recommended to avoid disturbing crowds.

1  Thank marco z
Reviewed 25 May 2013

me and my husband want today. it was Amazing Views from Morther Nature. BUT Going Down & Up is not easy . but we manege by our selfe to bring down and came up to the place . ( even came up take a break a lot because of Sun hurt and Heavy a gradient. i was nice to vite the places and real kicks up your Hiking leaves. and real good walking/climbingin Sicily.please note if you go don't forget bring water /sport drinks.

Reviewed 7 February 2013

I started at the parking spot in the hills above Avola and went all the way down to the valley for the "laghetti". It was a hot summer day and I enjoyed the cool water among lots of young folk from the area. Great for a swim and a getaway.

1  Thank Norbert L
Reviewed 14 October 2012

At the top of mountain, this gorge is very deep, pools to swim in at the bottom, we were told, but the steep walk down, not to mention the climb back up, is for the young and VERY fit.

1  Thank Habari