“lovely spa day with my niece”

Formby Hall Golf Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Formby
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Had a lovely day here with my niece emily,we arrived about dinner time and was took into the spa given robes and towels,the lady was very helpful told us where to go and what time lunch would be served this was included in the spa package very nice,chicken wrap salad,glass of wine and a cake,all the staff where very helpful couldnot complain about any of the service we had are treatments i seemed to get more than my niece head,shoulder's, leg and foot massage emily just got the head massage but she was fine about it she is only 19 so wouldnot complain?we left at 5.00pm so a good long day.
we will be returning as i thought all the staff where so helpful i would look for deals though as dont think it would be worth the higher prices they ask for?

Room Tip: bistro staff very helpful and so nice.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank SHAZZA3
FHGRManagementAdmin, Guest Relations Manager at Formby Hall Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to review you recent visit to Formby hall Golf Resort & Spa, we value all feedback from our guests. I'm very glad to hear that your lunch and treatments were enjoyable. The treatments vary dependant upon the treatment chosen by the guest however if you did both choose the same option there should be no reason they differed as our staff are all fully ESPA trained to the same high standard, If you can advise the date and time of your visit I can investigate further which therapists performed your treatments?

I do hope that we can welcome you back to the Resort again soon, we do have a number of great value packages available that may be of interest to you.,

Reviewed 26 April 2014

I attended the Tom Jones Tribute Night yesterday, as I've been visiting my "Friends from the North" this weekend.

Great evening, very enjoyable, once again excellent food, excellent service, super friendly staff too !

Entertainment great, the Tom Jones singer really did look like Tom Jones !

The DJ also deserves a mention, once again he was brilliant, he was playing lots of classic soul and disco music as well as new music, I loved it, to be honest it's worth going to one of these nights at Formby Hall just for the DJ they have, he also played lots of great tunes during the meal as well.

I'm looking forward to my next visit to Formby which will probably be a Christmas Party.

Room Tip: didn't stay at the hotel.

Dear DaveSmith2014,

Thank you for taking the time to review our Tom Jones tribute night, we love to hear feedback from guests who attend events at the Resort as it helps us to identify which acts are the most successful. We had a lot of great feedback for this event and the tribute nights are really starting to grow in popularity.

I will pass on your compliments to our events team, I'm sure they will be thrilled that you enjoyed the event so much. I hope that you will choose to visit the resort again in future we have a great 'What's on guide' that details all of the up coming events at the Resort.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

So, we did have a nice time (my mum and two sisters), however a few things did taint the experience. First of all, we purchased the 'purity spa day' package as a surprise Mother's Day gift. When a few days before Mother's Day I hadn't received anything from them in the post, I rang to ask for something so we were able to present it as a gift...what was sent was their lovely brochure, with my booking reference (with my name printed wrongly, and typos throughout) inside. This was sent with only my address on the front, no name, so when it arrived at the house, my mum assumed it was junk and opened it, ruining the surprise which was such a shame. When I addressed this with the girl on reception on arrival (the reception downstairs, not the actual spa reception) she was rude and honestly I don't think could have cared less. She made reference to 'telling Claire' but as I have no idea who Claire is, this was entirely unhelpful. Anyway, the spa facilities themselves are nice. They cram too many people in on spa packages at the same time though, so we had to queue to use certain things, and the spa changing room was full so we had to use the one down by the pool. There was an exercise class on in the pool when we first arrived which we found quite odd! Luckily that wasn't on for too long and when we did eventually get to go down the pool was lovely, with a nice little jacuzzi and plenty of loungers which was nice.
Lunch was nice enough, the lady serving us was very attentive and friendly. Only real issue was the mouldy berries in my fruit salad- but they were very apologetic and brought me cake as a replacement.
The massages we had included in the package were ok, not great but certainly not the worst I've had. It should been a 25 minute treatment though and they were 10 mins late calling us in, then left us another 5 or so in the treatment room.. We got 15-20 mins max of massage (and nothing on our necks despite it being neck, shoulder and back) but never mind.
Overall, we did have a nice day together, but I wouldn't go back, nor would I necessarily recommend it to anyone as I have been on far nice spa breaks (often at a much better deal!)

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank hayley_rebecca
Reviewed 25 April 2014

After purchasing the 'Cosy Winter Spa Break' for a Christmas gift for my parents, they were thrilled to visit Formby Hall after hearing multiple positive reviews. However, after an issue with booking their visit in the required time, my father spoke to a member of staff and was reassured I could receive a refund for the gift due to a busy schedule both for my parents and for Formby Hall. For this transaction to take place, the debit card used to purchase the gift was required to refund the money. However, as this had been lost, my father asked could he phone back at a later date, which he was told would be fine.

However, when calling back to carry out the refund when a replacement card had been given, my father was then told a refund could not be carried out and that this was due to a deadline for this to take place which we were NOT told about. After repeatedly telling the member of staff this, we were initially told instead the gift could be exchanged for the Spring offer, this was retracted almost instantly, as the manager said this would not be possible, another indication that the member of staff dealing with my father was not aware of company policy. Surely this should not be the case?!

After speaking to an abrupt manager who simply repeated 'this is in the small print' my father was basically told we could not receive a refund because their member of staff didn't inform us about a deadline on the earlier call, a mistake on their end.
This has left me £120 out of pocket, making me extremely angry and disappointed in the service provided. I will definitely not visit the establishment again and have advised others not to.

Working within the hospitality industry I am aware that if a procedure is put into place, ALL staff must be aware of this and provide each customer with the appropriate information, any failure to do so is a mistake on the establishment's end, NOT the customers.

Terrible service, terrible attitude. Will not be returning.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank CharlSillitoe
Reviewed 24 April 2014

We booked this hotel for 2 nights as it was the venue for a friend's wedding reception. We thought the £165 'special ' rate for a double room B & B a little pricy but the room was spacious and finished to a high standard. The bathroom was lovely with separate bath and shower. However, an extra flick of the duster wouldn't have gone amiss and our room was not vacuumed after the first night. There was tea, coffee and biscuits on the tray but nothing more, not even a bottle of water or a fruit tea bag and the mini bar was empty. The evening meal in the restaurant was good and not over priced, some of the wedding party ate in the bar and said this was good food at a good price. Breakfast was a disappointment and was well presented but some of the fresh fruit was not that fresh, they had run out of soya milk on the second day so I couldn't have any cereal or even a cup of tea with my breakfast and there were no veggie alternatives on offer for the cooked breakfast.
The spa facilities were good but tired, we had to battle with the switch to get the jacuzzi to start as the button was wedged in and again a little more attention to housekeeping would have been a good idea.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the golf course rather than the car park.
2  Thank alib665
Reviewed 22 April 2014

We had our wedding here on Easter Sunday. It was a fabulous day and night which met every expectation and more. A beautiful, plush venue with gorgeous food and excellent facilities. Nothing was too much trouble for the extremely helpful staff. In particular would like to mention Karan who worked with us on all the pre event details and Khem who looked after us on the day. Both brilliant. It went without a hitch and we really could not find fault with anything. The deluxe suite was fabulous with lots of nice touches such as complimentary wine, liqueurs and chocolates. Would also
Like to mention the resident DJ Jeff Wood who was fantastic also. One very happy bride and groom and 250 very happy guests. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Just attended my brothers wedding here, from start to finish it was a very organised and friendly service. The rooms were lovely and a little luxurious but they are a bit on the expensive side but maybe that's because we only spent about 5 hrs in total using the room, to busy enjoying the festivities. The following morning we had ample choice of breakfast and enjoyed the use of facilities. A very warm and welcoming venue.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
FHGRManagementAdmin, Guest Relations Manager at Formby Hall Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Dear Speakman2014,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Resort, I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay and also your brothers wedding celebrations. It is lovely to hear that you enjoyed your breakfast the following morning and found our staff and facilities to be of a high standard.

The bedrooms rates at the Resort do vary dependant upon the date of stay and also the day of the week, weekend in particular are our busiest days so the rates do tend to be higher than midweek.

I do hope that we can welcome you back to the Resort again in future, we have some great spa and golf packages available plus we offer some fantastic value tribute nights too.

Gemma Adderley

Also consider these accommodations in or near Formby
Ramada Plaza Southport
Titanic Hotel Liverpool
Titanic Hotel Liverpool
#16 of 98 in Liverpool
Britannia Prince of Wales - Southport

Been to Formby Hall Golf Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!