“Perfect wedding ”

Formby Hall Golf Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Formby
“Perfect wedding ”
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

We had our wedding at formby hall golf club and spa on the 21st June in the ambassador suite.

We can't thank everyone involved enough as together they gave us our perfect wedding day. A big thankyou to Ellen and Khem for their organising, attention to detail and for keeping me calm. Nothing was too much trouble for them and on the actual day Khem was outstanding. We didn't have to think about anything he was always a step ahead. The venue was perfect for the ceremony, wedding breakfast and evening reception. The food was fantastic piping hot and plenty of it. The evening was fabulous to..we highly recommend the DJ Jeff Wood, the dance floor was always full and everybody commented how good he was. The black sparkly dance floor and lighting added to the overall effect.

If you are looking for an outstanding venue with outstanding service and staff then look no further than here.

Thankyou again to all involved.

Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Erica P
FHGRManagementAdmin, Guest Relations Manager at Formby Hall Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Dear Erica P,

Congratulations, I hope you are both enjoying married life!

Thank you for taking the time to post your fantastic review and thank you for choosing Formby Hall Golf Resort & Spa as the venue for your special day.

I have forwarded on a copy of your review to our staff, I'm sure they will all be thrilled that you had such a memorable day. The team we have at the Resort are great and we are very proud of their attitude and performance.

Jeff the DJ is fantastic we get lots of compliments from guests attending events at the Resort, he plays a great mixture of records and the sparkly dance floor he has available is very eye catching,

I do hope that we can welcome you back again very soon. Wishing you lots of luck and best wished for the future.

Management Admin Assistant

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (390)
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Been to the hotel several times where the facilities are undoubtedly outstanding.
However... booked to play golf and found it to be the complete contrast.
The cost quoted and the amount we were asked for on the day differed by £15.
We ordered a coffee in the bar and had to remind the barman after 20 minutes.
That meant we had to rush to the tee... but it didn't matter because there was already a backlog.
People were confused because there was no starter.
When we finally teed off, 15 minutes late, we suffered a horrendously slow round. There was no marshall on the course to keep play flowing.
The course itself was also pretty poor... I have played better (and quicker) municipals recently.

It's a shame the course doesn't match up to the excellent hotel

1 Thank djelf
FHGRManagementAdmin, Guest Relations Manager at Formby Hall Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit to the Resort, I'm sorry that your visit was not as enjoyable as it should have been. Your comments have been forwarded on to our Golf Manager and he has advised that we do have special offer green fees available dependant upon how far in advance you book and for what times of the day. If you could advise further details it would be helpful to identify why there was a pricing difference between enquiry and payment stages.

We do have a starter on the course during the weekend or particularly busy days, our tee times are every 8 minutes which usually works fine and we do not have any complaints. The course generally takes about 4.5 hrs to play and is a fairly difficult course with lots of water so the speed of the round is dependant upon how accomplished the golfers are, all golfers should adhere to the course etiquette by allowing people to play thru if they are taking too long. The course is in fantastic condition so our Golf Manager was surprised to hear that you felt it was poor, he plays it every week himself so would be interested to hear which areas you felt needed improvement so he can discuss with our Green keeping team.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

I have never been anywhere like Formby Hall. I have been to many different spas, but nothing like this place!!!! The spa is tailor made for the spa customers only, which was just AMAZING. There we no outsiders from the hotel and pool areas ie, we didn't see any stressed out people on business or any kids running around. It was a true retreat with fellow spa users, we were all in dressing gowns and slippers. The environment was out of this world, the lights, oil aromas, well maintained relaxation areas, spa cafe and thermal heaven totally made it for us. I was so spoilt that I cannot entertain the idea of going to another spa, and I really want to return to Formby Hall again shortly. They offer unusual treatments which I must try soon, as they sound fantastic and very exciting. We did stay over and we slept so soundly. The evening meal and breakfast were delightful. The staff made our holiday because they were so lovely and professional. I definitely recharged as i'm working hard again now! Im tempted to work even harder just so I can earn another Formby Hall experience! lol.

2 Thank bunny200186337
Thank you so much for taking the time to write and post such a great review. We love to hear feedback from our guests and I'm very glad to hear that your time at the Resort was a relaxing and enjoyable one. I have forwarded on a copy of your review to the departmental managers at the Resort so they can share your comments with their teams. We have a great team at the Resort which we are very proud of.

We look forward to welcoming you back again very soon, we have some great summer offers planned so I hope one of those could tempt you back.

Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

I've just been on a spa day with all the hens of my future sister in law and was quite disappointed. We got a special deal because my brother and his fiance are due to get married here in 5 weeks time, but it really weren't worth the money. On arrival we were given a cup of coffee and a tour of the place. We had to argue the fact that the lunch was included in the price. Then we were all given a huge brown, heavy horrible robe to wear. When I say huge, it would have fit someone who was a size 26-28. The towels they gave us absolutely stunk, was a very musty smell like they have not been hung up to dry after the last person used them. Never mind washed. We got 2 treatments, a back massage, which was nice but only lasted 20 mins then in the afternoon we got a 10 min salt rub. ( should have been a scrub). They were nice treatments, but for £55 you would expect a little longer. The spa itself was nice and relaxing but was just a bit too overcrowded. Went for a swim in the pool and half of it was cordoned off for swimming lessons, the other half was full of families with kids. Not really quite what I was expecting. Lunch was nice, just not much choice.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank HolidayCarly
Dear HolidayCarly,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent spa day at Formby Hall Golf Resort and Spa. Please accept my sincere apologies that your time here was not as enjoyable as it should have been.

All of our special offer packages offer great value for money so I am concerned you felt that it wasn't. Please do get in touch direct to advise he date of your visit and name the booking was under so we can investigate further? I'm presuming your visit was over a weekend as we do have swimming lessons in the pool area on Saturdays. The children's lessons are generally very unobtrusive and guests do not mind them taking place.

The robes and towels are provided and laundered by an external company, we do have a new contract in place part of which covers the provision of new robes, so they will be changed very soon once they are in stock. There would be no reason whatsoever for the robes or towels to smell musty as they are laundered daily and delivered in sealed packaging. I will ask the spa manager to speak with the supplier and highlight your comments.

The treatments included within the package are 25 minutes each and do include a consultation as well, the salt & oil scrub is slightly different as it is an abrasive exfoliation treatment the actual scrub part lasts for 15 minutes and the additional time is required to shower off the product. As I'm sure you can appreciate to have a full 25 minutes of exfoliation using a scrub would be excessive.

I do hope that you would consider visiting the resort again and in future and if you can advise of the date and name the booking was under we can look at which staff were on duty that day and their tracking sheets.

Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

After a stay at the hotel in August 2013 with some friends there were a few issues about which we complained. We initially thought this was not going to be dealt with after a long wait of a some months. However, the hotel management have completely redeemed themselves with a second stay which was faultless. The facilities, staff and food were excellent and I would recommend the hotel and spa without hesitation.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank jogodfrey
Dear jogodfrey,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review, I'm very glad that your return visit was a successful one after your previous negative experience. We always welcome feedback from our guest as we find it invaluable in helping to identify areas in which we can improve.

I do hope that we can welcome you back to the Resort again very soon, we have some great summer offers available so hopefully one of those would be of interest to you.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

When your daughter is to be married every parent wants their day to go smoothly. Smoothly is an unsuitable word as our family wedding was Perfect from start to finish. Nothing was too much trouble. Everything was laid out as we had hoped. The ceremony went without a hitch. The Ambassador suite was stunning and the food WOW. We had 99 guests and we did not have one complaint , we know that when catering a hot meal for a large number of guests there can be problems but not for Formby Hall.
Khem had everything so well organised, he did say "Any problems come to me we shall sort them". There was no need to approach Khem because there were no problems. He was in the background the whole time and you knew that he had " his finger on the button". Thank you Khem and to your staff who worked so hard but we're always so pleasant.
Jeff Wood was our DJ for the evening and he was fantastic! !!! The dance floor was never empty and he catered for all age groups. My husband , FOTB, never dances but even he " showed some shapes". Thank you Jeff.
We were very fortunate with the weather and Formby Hall is such an idyllic setting that we cannot wait to see the photographs.
If you are reading this post and looking for a wedding venue do not look any further. From our initial visit, phone calls and visits prior to the actual day we were given a feeling of confidence in the ability of the staff to provide a quality service.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear Pauline P,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your fantastic review, I have now forwarded on a copy to the team who I'm sure will be thrilled they helped to make your daughters wedding such a memorable day. We appreciate how important special events are for a family and the team we have in place work do a really great job in delivering the best possible service they can.

I'm sure that your detailed review will prove very helpful to other potential Bride and Grooms considering Formby Hall Golf Resort & Spa as a venue for their big day.

Thank you once again for your kind comments and I hope we can welcome you back to the Resort again very soon.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

We had a great day with my daughter,family and friends. The staff had been very helpful planning our day and during the day people said how lovely the staff had been. The price included 2 treatments and lunch and we thought it was good value.

Dear Susan R,

Thank you for taking the time to post your lovely review, I'm very glad that your Hen celebrations were a success and you found the staff, facilities and prices at the Resort to be very good.

I do hope that we can welcome you back to the Resort again very soon, we have some great summer offers planned so hopefully one of those would be of interest to you,

Management Admin Assistant
Also consider these accommodations in or near Formby
Ramada Plaza Southport
#15 of 97 in Liverpool
Royal Hotel
Royal Hotel
#41 of 97 in Liverpool

Been to Formby Hall Golf Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!