“Amazing as always”

Formby Hall Golf Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Formby
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

Spa break for 6 mum's wanting to relax and recharge! Amazing value for a two course evening meal, a nights stay, breakfast, use of the spa and two treatments. All the hotel staff were great as was the hotel and food. The spa is sublime we didn't want to leave following our treatments. We can't wait to come back.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank SammyCharlton
Aled H, Manager at Formby Hall Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2014

Hi SammyCharlton

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay at Formby Hall Golf Resort and Spa.

I was delighted to read your comments with regards to your stay and will ensure that they are passed to the team here at the hotel, especially the girls in the spa. Been chosen by you again for a stay is a great reward for us and everything we try to achieve daily for our guests.

Myself and the team look forward to welcoming you back to Formby Hall again very soon, when hopefully you could stay again and enjoy one our of autumn overnight spa packages

Reviewed 12 August 2014

Excellent hotel with good service and a splendid golf course. Trouble is they try to pack too many people of variable ability on it with the result that 5 hour rounds are the norm. A great pity for serious golfers.

Room Tip: A room facing the golf course is far better than one facing the car park.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank LancashireTrub

Hi LancashireTrub

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your visit to Formby Hall Golf Resort and Spa.

I was disappointed to read your feedback with regards to the issues experienced during your golf visit but also please you found Formby Hall to be an excellent hotel with good service and a splendid golf course.

The challenge and quality of the Old Course has certainly kept tee times in high demand with golfers keen to test their skills on a course layout that has hosted the European Challenge tour, European Seniors tour and PGA Europro tour. Like all golf clubs we are fully aware that average round times can expand beyond 4 hours particularly when golfers are investing time and money in their passion and are keen to score well and get the most out of their free time on the golf course. We have introduced measures such as hole by hole timing guidelines on our score cards, timing reminder signs on the course and golf buggy GPS which we believe will all help towards improving pace of play on our course.

Your feedback has been discussed with my management team and they all join me in offering our sincere apologies for the inconsistencies noted.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

From the moment I spoke to the team at Formby hall, I knew I wanted to book my wedding reception here. I had every confidence that everyone would do all in their power to make it the best day for me, my future husband and guests. Other than the beautiful grounds and quality facilities of the building, I was attracted to a package deal which included everything from master of ceremonies, wedding singer, DJ, room dresser, wedding cars, photographer, food, drinks and much more. I was offered a price to suit my budget. I was then put in touch with all of the different businesses to personalise the package details. As Formby Hall has worked with these other businesses, I was confident in their abilities and the only decision I had to make was whether to upgrade certain elements of the package to suit my preference. I was in complete control throughout the whole process. Rebecca was always available if i had a quick query or if I was changing my mind every few days about which desert to put on the menu and she made me feel so comfortable to make amendments. I really can't thank her enough. Dave co-ordinated the running of the day. He was there every step of the way to make sure myself and my husband were looked after on a very busy day, often making us stop, relax and take a breath. Very professional but friendly.
We were in the Ambassador suite which was stunning. The windows overlooking the course and large balcony gave our guests much to admire and many photo opportunities. The room was dressed according to the colours I had chosen with Marie at the Wedding Rooms and the DJ Jeff Wood had altered the lighting to fit with our colour scheme. It was beautiful!
The food was wonderful, the entertainment by Colin Muse during the meal really lifted the atmosphere even more and had us all up on our feet.
As the night drew to a close we still had many guests still on the dance floor thanks to the musical genius of the DJ who played all of the songs we requested and some he knew would keep us all up on our feet. There was not one time during the whole night when the floor was empty.
As the night drew to a close and our guests went up to their rooms, the staff were all still very friendly and helpful - Dave was still there at about 1:30 am making sure we had managed to get some cake!
In the morning all of the guests who had stayed at the hotel all complimented the bedrooms, all of which are very luxurious, especially the bridal suite.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Hi MrsMiddleman

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your stay at Formby Hall Golf Resort and Spa to have your wedding with us, we were delighted you chose Formby Hall to celebrate your special day. .

I was delighted to read that you had such enjoyable stay with us, and that everything exceeded your expectations.

Thank you for your comments with regards to team, the food and the accommodation, I will make sure your comments are passed on to all of the teams especially Rebecca and Dave. I was also pleased to hear you enjoyed our resident DJ Jeff Wood, his LED dance floor is loved by all our guests, and will also pass over your comments to Colin Muse- our singer who always gives an interesting twist to our weddings.

Myself and the team look forward to welcoming you back to Formby Hall again very soon, when hopefully you could stay and enjoy your one year anniversary with us by taking advantage of one of our over night packages.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

When I decided that wanted my hen do spa day at Formby hall I asked my good friend Rebecca Arslanian who is senior therapist at the spa to organise it for me. As always very professional and thorough. The included evening meal was lovely and the breakfast had a wide variety that suited all, our hotel rooms was clean and accommodated us brilliantly. Jo Swift 'Senior Therapist on the day and her team if talented girls gave a high standard and excellent treatments. I would highly recommend Formby Hall Spa & Resort and will be returning back very soon. So greatful and made lovely memories for years to come.
Overall a super overnight spa day with amazing staff! Xx

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Aled H, Manager at Formby Hall Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2014

Hi Kate R

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your stay at Formby Hall Golf Resort and Spa to celebrate your hen party.

I was delighted to read your comments with regards to your stay and will ensure that they are passed to the team here at the hotel especially Jo and Rebecca, we are very proud of the spa team here at Formby Hall and happy that we made your hen night such a success.

It is always very pleasing to read such positive feedback and I thank you for taking the time to write, and we are very please we could create such lovely memories for you.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

Visited for a spa break recently. Arrived at the spa and was seen to promptly and offered a welcome drink, filled out a quick welcome form with medical history etc and then was given towels, robes and slippers and given a tour of the facilities. We then used the facilities at our own leisure and did not have to wait to use any of them. We arrived 10 mins before both treatments as requested by staff and both of our treatments were on time so we were not waiting around at all. The treatments lasted the whole time that it was meant to, and they were brilliant! Lunch at the bistro was of good quality. All spa and bistro staff were very friendly and helpful. We left the spa feeling totally relaxed and walked over to the hotel. Checked in promptly and given a free upgrade to deluxe room which was lovely. Room was spotlessly clean, facilities good, lovely view if the gold course. There was a wedding on that night but we were not disturbed by the noise.
We initially booked in the restaurant for 7.30 but had a late lunch at the spa, told this to reception and they arranged our booking for an hour later which was brilliant. We then went for drinks before evening meal, they weren't cheap but only the same as any other hotel bar prices. We were seated for dinner quickly and placed our order. Both courses were delicious, but perhaps served too close together.
The spa break was brilliant and so relaxing and we cannot wait to return!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Hi Chloe2406

I would like to thank you for your comments with regards to our spa, hotel, restaurant and food. I have passed your comments on to our head chef about the two courses being delicious.

Myself and the team look forward to welcoming you back to Formby Hall again very soon, when hopefully you could stay and enjoy our autumn glow spa package which Includes:
•Two Course Dinner in L | ThirtySeven
•One night accommodation in a Luxurious Room
•Full English Breakfast in | ThirtySeven
•Two hours access in the Thermal Suite
•Two hours access to the Leisure Suite
•Choice of Essential Tension Massage, Body Exfoliation, Lift & Firm Eye Treatment or Personalised Express Facial (25 minutes).

Reviewed 7 August 2014

Had a lovely room overlooking golf course. The room was large and very well appointed, bathroom just as good. The gym and pool were large and spotlessly clean with friendly helpful staff. Public rooms spacious and well furnished. Must visit again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Julian C

Hi Julian C

I was delighted to read your comments with regards to your stay and will ensure that they are passed to the team here at the hotel.

It is always very pleasing to read such positive feedback and I thank you for taking the time to write.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

Visited Formby Hall Spa with my Mum as a birthday treat for us both. Booked the Summer Indulgence Day which included 3 treatments and use of the spa, as well as a complementary Bento lunch box.

We were warmly welcomed to the spa and offered a complementary juice/tea/coffee to start our day, whilst choosing our lunch options. We were then given a brief tour of the facilities and given lovely fluffy robes and slippers to wear for the day.

We started with the Atlas mud rasul treatment, which was a bizarre experience, but really enjoyed it and good fun to share with someone else! Spent a little time in the relaxing Tranquility room, though perhaps could be improved with some relaxing music playing.

Expected to be split up for our treatments, but we were kindly kept together. I had a facial with a back, neck and shoulder massage (Tension massage), and my Mum had the facial with a scalp and neck massage. This was AMAZING! The girls who did our treatments were great and really knew what they were doing.

We were then able to enjoy the rest of the spa facilities for the rest of the day, making use of the Thermal room with sauna, steam room, heated beds and foot jacuzzis, as well as the swimming pool and gym.

I was really pleasantly surprised by lunch, expected something small as it was included in the price, but really generous portion with lovely choices and good food!

Overall had a fantastic day - the staff were polite and available to help out whenever needed, great treatments at a great price. Didn't feel rushed at any point, and certainly relaxed by the end of the day! Would definitely recommend!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank pookie8911

Hi Pookie8911

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your stay at Formby Hall Golf Resort and Spa to celebrate your birthday.

I was delighted to read that you had such enjoyable stay with us. Thank you for your comments with regards to the Spa, we are very proud of the team we have in place and I will ensure that they are passed to all the team members here at the hotel.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Formby Hall Golf Resort and Spa very soon. For details of all our forthcoming autumn spa packages why not register to receive our newsletter on our website.

Revenue Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Formby
Ramada Plaza Southport
Titanic Hotel Liverpool
Titanic Hotel Liverpool
#16 of 98 in Liverpool
Britannia Prince of Wales - Southport

Been to Formby Hall Golf Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!