We stayed at the Rowton castle overnight on our way to a few days in Wales. When we arrived at this magnificent place we thought it would be very expensive and were pleasantly surprised of the cost (in fact it was cheaper then staying in a B&B in Aberdovey) and we experienced 1st class service.
We could not fault anything about the place, the staff were welcoming and friendly, even when we showed up at 8.45pm, they advised the kitchen was closing at 9pm and suggested we take a seat in the lounge and order a meal and they would bring us a drink and let us know when the table was ready. The meal was excellent!, " compliments to the chef."
The staff were attentive without being intrusive and nothing was to much to ask.
Would highly recommend a stay in this beautiful hotel and surrounding environment!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rowton Castle is a beautiful 17th century, grade 2 listed building, set in 17 acres of tranquil grounds, six miles west from the historic town of Shrewsbury. We are the perfect venue for a prestigious function, or a few days away from it all. We are the fairytale venue for a Wedding. A perfect setting, coupled with excellent food and service, guarantee you and your guests a most memorable occasion. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Rowton Castle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rowton Castle Hotel Halfway House
- Rowton Castle Halfway House, UK - Shropshire