“Fantastic find”

The Old Hall Bed & Breakfast
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Spent quite a few nights here on business and cannot recommend it highly enough. Caroline runs a wonderful home and you feel like a treasured guest. The beds are superbly comfortable like sleeping in a cloud - and you would not regret asking for the ensuite room which has a wonderful bath to soak away the cares of the day in.
Set in wonderful grounds and lovely to wake to the sounds of the chickens running around.
Caroline is a beauty therapist as well so there is an in house option for some luxurious treatments!

Very happy to recommend

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 10 December 2013

My girlfriend booked this as a surprise for my birthday in January and it was perfect - Caroline was very accommodating as my girlfriend and her dad were able to decorate the room with banners and balloons beforehand! The breakfast the next morning was also delicious, and the owners were wonderful hosts. Thoroughly recommended!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Carolyn couldn't have been more accommodating or efficient in handling my booking and I will certainly come to stay here next time I am near Lutterworth. There was a misunderstanding with the booking that was entirely my fault and it was handled with grace and some degree of humour. Many thanks.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 October 2013

We book the Old Hall simply as it was just down the road from a wedding we were attending, rather than any expectations that it was a trip away. It turned out to be one of those great surprises! The place really is beautiful, driving through an open field with animals either side to a great period building. We were met by the family (and lovely dog) who couldn’t have made us feel more welcome. The building is beautiful, very old but still brilliantly well kept, and clean without losing any of its charm. Our room and toilet were cosy and great.

But the real charm of this place is the service. For the cost, it just blows anything else you would get out of the water. As an example, While getting ready, I realised Id forgotten my cufflinks, the owners immediately lent me some of their own without a second thought, not only that, they asked if we were travelling to the wedding by Cab, and insisted that it would be quicker and easier if they took us themselves which we gratefully accepted.

After a lovely wedding, we were treated in the morning to a really tasty full English with tea and orange juice.

It all in all was genuinely one of the best value for money and welcoming places I’ve been. Cant recommend enough.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank matt_mackay1
Reviewed 15 May 2013 via mobile

If you are considering booking a room at the old hall my advice would be to go ahead and book.
I stayed for 1 night whilst away on business a few miles away.
The building is charming and full of character and very peaceful and relaxing. Living in a city it was a blessing to wake up to the sound of chickens and lambs!
The service is 1st class, nothing is a problem and I was made to feel very welcome in the Old hall. Breakfast was lovely and I had an excellent nights sleep. I was offered scones & tea on arrival and bath robes provided, very nice touches.
The only slight hindrance is that you cannot pay by card which is a slight inconvenience when on business travel. Although everything else more than makes up for it.
I will be sure to book again when in the area and cannot recommend a visit enough.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank bsnsjone
Reviewed 30 September 2012

We stayed for one night on our way to visit friends in Buckinghamshire. We received a very warm welcome from the owner Caroline who showed us to our room and offered us tea and scones. The room was excellent with an en suite shower room and lovely decor. Tea and coffee making facilities with fresh milk was available and bottled water and small cans of diet coke. Breakfast was freshly prepared and of a great quality. Situated in a peaceful rural setting I would recommend this little gem.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Fgraham
Reviewed 9 September 2012

We stayed at The Old Hall for two nights whilst attending an event nearby. We received a lovely friendly email after we'd booked, with directions and dinner options and a list of services offered. On our arrival, despite being late in the evening, Carolyn and Stuart welcomed us like old friends, offering us refreshments. The Old Hall is a beautiful period building, and the en suite room we had was stylish, modern and comfortable, whilst still being in keeping with the buildings heritage. Breakfast is superb, with local produce and eggs that had been laid that morning by the chickens that wander freely around the garden. If you are looking for a relaxing break, in beautiful surroundings, with attentive hosts, you needn't look further than The Old Hall. Should the opportunity and need arise, we would definitely return.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple

Been to The Old Hall Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!