“Super reliable been at least 8 times”

Premier Inn Manchester Trafford Centre West
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Trafford
Cumbria, United Kingdom
“Super reliable been at least 8 times”
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Everyone one here is so friendly. The hotel is clean, efficient and we know each time when we go what to expect with no nasty surprises. The hotel is ideal for the M60, Trafford Centre and also to get easily to Salford. The staff are great and know us. Breakfast is good and staff are good. Car parking is free and safe so well done to everyone there.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Hayley M, Manager at Premier Inn Manchester Trafford Centre West, responded to this review, 26 October 2013
Dear Gimamo,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay.

Its good to hear that we are able to provide you with friendly and personal service, the team prides themselves on providing good quality customer care and seeing regular and loyal customers such as your selfs provides great motivation for the team.

Again thankyou for the brilliant review and we hope to see you again in the future.

Operations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (245)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Grimsby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 October 2013

We stayed at this Premier Inn in June of 2013 for one night as we had to do a bit of shopping at the Trafford Centre the next day. When we arrived we were not given a nice warm welcome but instead a long queue at reception because there was only one member of staff on duty and she was taking FOREVER with everyone. while one member of my family got checked in the rest of us including me went to the bar. I asked for 1 Coke and the bartender acted clueless and said "Don't You Mean Pepsi". OMG Its the exact same thing! Not that difficult Mr bartender.

FINALLY, Once we had checked in we headed to our room. The room was very spacious but the beds were not comfy even though Lenny Henry insists that they are on the TV. We went down to the bar and ordered some drinks and when I said coke he said "Pepsi!". We sat down at a table and finished our drinks. There was not really an offer for another drink by anyone unlike in other hotels.

We decided to go to bed after this and I could not hardly get any sleep because of the 'Comfy Bed'. Did not bother complaining though as we had to leave instantly.

Overall Verdict

An Ok Hotel

Would only stay here again if we had no other choice.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Hayley M, Manager at Premier Inn Manchester Trafford Centre West, responded to this review, 23 October 2013
Dear Lewis H,

At Trafford Centre West we pride ourselves on providing the highest levels of service and standards and I would like to apologise that on this occasion we failed to deliver this.

I have spoken to our Food and Beverage Manager with regards to the comments made by the bar tender and I can assure you retraining will become a priority, we do offer both Coke Cola and Pepsi so I would hope that the bar tender was simply trying to identify which you required as there is a price difference but needless to say, the fact you walked away agitated is an issue that will be dealt with.

Again thankyou for taking to the time to write a review about your stay.

Reviewed 21 October 2013

We visit the Trafford Centre approx 6 times a year and we have stayed at all the Premier Inns around the area and The Trafford Centre West is by far the best. Fast check in, friendly staff, spacious rooms, excellent location for Trafford Centre and Quay's, clean and reasonably priced food.
Only downside is the bar and lounge area. We have stayed at weekends and mid-week and the place is always busy(ish). Not the biggest seating area and at times there can be a queue at the bar, especially when the bar man is having to serve various types of coffee. A self service coffee machine would eradicate this.
On the whole, a great place to stay

Dear TegJ,

Thankyou for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us at Premier Inn Trafford Centre West, we do consider ourselfs lucky with our location having so many popular ameneties nearby.

Although I agree we are a consistantly busy hotel and at times the bar can get very busy, we do try and provide a high level of service, however your comments on the coffee machine have been noted and I will discuss this further with our Food and beverage Manager.

Again thankyou for completing a review on your stay and we hope to see you again in the future.

Birkenhead, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 October 2013

About a month ago, we stayed as a family at Premier Inn.

My first impressions of the place were that the staff on reception (particularly the lady who served us who I seem to recall was called Hayley) were lovely, as were those at the bar just behind. The rooms were really clean, spacious, and comfortable - you can't really ask for more.

What was a real shame is things took a slight downward spiral from then on. The restaurant's staff were absolutely lovely, but although the menu looked good, sadly we didn't think much of the food. It was all a bit more basic and tasteless than it seemed to be from the menu, which looked interesting.

Later on, after going to sleep, the dreaded fire alarm sounded. I fully understand that this is necessary for safety, and that some cretin and not premier inn may have been the cause of this, but I must say it was of some disturbance to our sleep and not handled in the best way. I did feel sorry for the staff being hassled by angry guests - this is not on by them and it was evident that what had happened was a fire alarm had gone off. This is not a cause to lambast hotel staff - but some people told us this was the second time it had happened that week, and a poor chap with OCD was very distressed due to this.

Upon checking out the next morning, the receptionist barely looked at us or acknowledged us when checking out, and didn't even say 'Thank you for your stay', which was pretty sad.

As the title of my review states, it is a shame the hotel have not acknowledged our feedback about these issues. We are not a family to complain at all, and aren't chasing any form of recompense for anything. All we would have liked was for the hotel to have acknowledged our issued, and perhaps apologised for the aspects we've highlighted.

Although there were specific reasons for our stay, and we were somewhat on edge, I do not let things like this affect my reviews and equally would not like to go in to these details. However, it was disappointing that what started as a promising night's stay took such a turn for the worse.

Unlike the review below of a similar line, I would like to stay at Premier Inn, as I've stayed at one before and have been very impressed (one in Kent). However, this has put me off as it feels like the chain don't really care.

In summary, most of the staff (apart from reception on check out) - lovely. Food could be improved. Bar nice. Rooms top marks. Dealing with and acknowledging issues - poor.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Hayley M, Manager at Premier Inn Manchester Trafford Centre West, responded to this review, 22 October 2013
Dear PianoBen,

I am really sorry for the inconvenience caused by the fire alarm activation that occurred during your stay, and the fact that you felt it could have been dealt with more effectively. I am also disappointed that our team failed to acknowledge your complaint in a suitable way on departure.

Can you please send me a contact number and I will call you at a time that is convenient to you, or if you would prefer to contact me, my number is 0161 755 1199 or 07850212343.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Kind Regards

Hayley McHugh
Wirral
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Although the rooms at this premier inn are spacious and clean, with staff in the restaurant and bar being personable, our stay was overshadowed by a fire alarm at approximately 01.30.

I have no difficulty with an alarm being raised. Clearly the fire alarm system works adequately, However, there appeared to be no organisation visible. We exited the building via a fire exit. At no time was I aware of any fire wardens advising customers of assembly points or an attempt to account for residents. It would appear that this was a false alarm but the communication during the incident was significantly lacking, so much so that this was our first and will be our last stay at a premier inn as I would feel unsafe in the event of a fire in one of their locations. On checkout the following morning there was no apology / acknowledgement from staff for our disrupted night.

I did fill in a customer feedback form electronically 4 weeks ago following our stay but have had no response to this. As a result, sadly I have had to post a negative review on the trip advisor site which I am not in the habit of so doing.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Dear Second_life,

First of all I would like to thank you for taking the time to give us feedback about your stay. I am sorry that nobody has contacted you before now. The survey that you complete is anonymous, so although we see your comments, we do not have any further details to enable us to contact you.

I would like to sincerely apologise for the inconvenience caused by the fire alarm activation that occurred during your stay, and the fact that you felt it could have been dealt with more effectively. I would really like the opportunity to speak to you directly to apologise personally, and try to resolve the issues for you.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Kind Regards

Hayley McHugh
redcar
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Stayed for one night 3 May prior to flight to Florida. This Premier Inn is modern bright and has many amenities. The rooms are clean, large and the beds very comfortable. we had breakfast at the hotel which again was first class and a fraction of the price you pay at the airport. My wife needs a gluten free diet they fully checked their products for suitability and even offered to go out and buy Gluten free bread especially, which I'd what you expect from the very best 5 star hotels.
We will definitely be stopping in this Premier Inn again and I would highly recommend to others.

Room Tip: Have the breakfast for £8.25 it's out of this world all you could possibly want
Dear RedcarGooner,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us, it great to read such a good review and the team will find it very motivating to see the comments that you have wrote.

When made aware of special dietary requirements the team will try their very best to ensure we can provide food that meets the needed dietary requirements,

Again thankyou for yaking the time to write feedback about your stay with us at Premier Inn Trafford Centre West and we hope to see you again in the near future.

liverpool
Reviewed 18 October 2013

This is our 4th. Visit this year, we really enjoy our time here. We really want to come back at new year as we have done this for the last 3 years, hopefully we will be lucky enough to get a good deal, really looking forward to our next visit, fingers crossed.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Dear Mark R,

Thank you for your feedback with regards to your stay with us at Premier Inn Trafford Centre West. Our team take pride in knowing that our guests continue to come back and use the hotel time and time again, We continuously strive to improve and maintain a higher level of customer service and people who return time and time again such as yourself show that the effort is worth while.

Thankyou again for taking the time to review your visit with us and we to see you in the New Year

Operations Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Trafford
Travelodge Manchester Trafford Park
Hotel Football Old Trafford
Holiday Inn Express Manchester - TRAFFORDCITY
Novotel Manchester West
Holiday Inn Manchester MediaCityUK
ibis budget Manchester Salford Quays

Been to Premier Inn Manchester Trafford Centre West? Share your experiences!