“Great Hotel”

Premier Inn Manchester Old Trafford Hotel
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Trafford
Reviewed 6 December 2013

Simple, clean, great breakfast selection, good security... all the things I look for at a hotel.
Location: having a hotel next to Old Trafford makes this a great place to relax and chill before and after the games.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Jimmy C
Rachel A, Manager at Premier Inn Manchester Old Trafford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to comment about your recent stay here at Premier Inn Manchester Old Trafford and for writing such an excellent review. It’s great for our staff to hear such positive feedback from the guests that have been staying with us.
Are you thinking about staying with us again? I would just like to ensure you that our doors are always open should you return.

Wishing you and your family a Merry Christmas,

Kind Regards

Reviewed 5 December 2013

Asked for a room update for a view of Old Trafford on the grounds it was our first ever visit to Manchester and the trip was a double celebration. This was refused. Not a good start.

On arrival, hooray, we had a prominent view of the stadium. Many brownie points won.

Reception check in, what a farce. Some joker by himself, trying to check in a queue of around 20 guests. He hasn't the savvy to call for assistance, so we are all kept waiting.

Room ok, but some signs of grubbiness and carpet looks as if it hadn't been hoovered in about 30 years.

The real issue came at breakfast. The breakfast room is manned by staff who would be better suited as traffic wardens. Full of their own self importance, they decided that it was illegal for a party of 3 as we were, to only have 1 of said party to ask for and pre pay for a breakfast. Two of these ego inflated "Iam in love with myself" members of staff, basically accused me of trying to pull a fast one by claiming a pre paid breakfast.

When I asked them to prove their accusation, along came Herr Traffic Warden who gave me a receipt "proving" I was pulling a fast one. Sadly for this management "expert", he produced a receipt for a guy from Cliffford in Lancashire. Iam a customer from Berkshire !!!!!!!

My goodness, did this shambles of a management back down when I was able to produce a receipt showing pre paid breakfasts.

Despite promises of the bar area being exclusive to guests on a match day, this is a load of bull. We were there for the Rugby League World Cup final and they threw open the guest bar area to non guests to watch a Rugby Union International.

This hotel has double standards. The staff are rude, the service is poor and on the Saturday evening after the Rugby WC final, about 100 people in the residents bar witnessed an embarrassing verbal fight between the barman and another member of a staff over a food order.

I am in theprocess of taking these matters up with senior ,management of Premier Inn and it is my intention to get compensation for the shoddy service we received during our stay at this hotel.

Stayed: November 2013
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Services at Premier Inn Manchester Old Trafford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

Reviewed 1 December 2013

was there with my party 4 in total , excellent location , great staff , good restaurant, wasn't there for football but good view of the man utd ground . parking was a bit crowded as it had a lot of customers , but there was few places left there .

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Rachel A, Manager at Premier Inn Manchester Old Trafford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

Reviewed 1 December 2013

Hotel itself is lovely, clean and comfortable. Breakfast is lovely and waiting staff at breakfast are lovely. Check in was very slow, one girl on reception, and there was a match on at Old Trafford, a queue of over 10 and no one came to assist - not overly impressed at front of house staff.
I appreciate that if drinking outside plastic glasses are a must but in the residents bar at 7.30pm this is unacceptable. Only served in full glass after 7.30pm, not good.
Barman and guy taking orders for food arguing who an order was for, most unprofessional.
Seems on a match day they struggle to cope, handy for Old Trafford but there is better out there.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for taking the time to comment about your recent stay here at Premier Inn Manchester Old Trafford.
I am pleased to read your comments regarding our breakfast service however concerned to read your feedback regarding the bar staff. Thank you for highlighting these issues. I can assure you that this is not our usual high standard and I have shared your comments with our team to ensure this doesn't happen again.
For the safety of our guests and the volume of business we have on a match day are the reasons why we use the plastic glasses and I appreciate your comments regarding this.
Once again thank you for your review and I do hope we can welcome you back in the near future.

Wishing you a Merry Chrismas and Best Regards,

Reviewed 1 December 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights whilst watching the Rugby League World Cup Final. The hotel was very nice and literally on the doorstep of Old Trafford. The staff were really helpful and friendly. The room was quite spacious and clean. Breakfast was good I also had an evening meal here which were very good also. I would advise people to book a table when it is busy. The hotel is also within easy reach of city centre via the metro link. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 29 November 2013

Got a really good deal via the Premier Inn website. Three nights for £90. I'm not a football fan so was slightly worried about booking accommodation so close to the MUFC stadium but arriving on a Sunday night and leaving on the Wednesday ensured there was no football on. The hotel is conveniently situated close to Salford Quays and the relevant Metrolink stations.
It was very quiet in the hotel and our request to change rooms after noticing the window lock was broken was dealt with without any problem.
The room was clean, comfortable and relatively spacious as befits the Premier Inn standard.
I've stayed in dozens of Premier Inns in the past but this is the first one where I've written a review.
By and large I find Premier Inns good value for money and they do seem to have a corporate universal standard of layout etc which generally means you know what to expect in advance.
This turned out to be a very pleasant stay which enabled my wife and me to visit the Christmas Markets and fortuitously get to see WarHorse at The Lowry.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LymeRegisSmart

May I take this opportunity to wish you a Merry Christmas and all the very best for the New Year.

Reviewed 26 November 2013

Before here, I hadn't stayed in a premier inn before but myself and my friend booked as we were going to the Warehouse Project. On arrival, the staff were exceptionally nice. The room was emaculate when we got in and it was quite spacious. Also the second night we stayed, we had 2 guys in reception wanting myself and my friend to sit beside them but we brushed it off, they went to share a lift with us and the night porter jumped in too to ensure we got to our room ok without any trouble. True gentleman. The food in the restaurant was really nice too, although we were waiting a little bit longer than expected the night we got there and hadn't eaten all day. When it arrived it was top notch. Room service isn't available but we were able to order in 24 hour delivery through the hotel which was handy! Well definitely be back in the new year.

• Stayed: November 2013

I would just like to ensure you that our doors are always open should you wish to return in the New Year.

Have a fantastic Christmans and all the very best to you.

With kind regards
Denise Davies

Also consider these accommodations in or near Trafford
Hotel Football Old Trafford
Holiday Inn Express Manchester - TRAFFORDCITY
Holiday Inn Express Manchester - Salford Quays
ibis budget Manchester Salford Quays
Chesters Hotel and Restaurant
Copthorne Hotel Manchester

Been to Premier Inn Manchester Old Trafford Hotel? Share your experiences!