“Great Value for Money” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Trafford
Gerrards Cross, United Kingdom
“Great Value for Money”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for two nights earlier on this week. The hotel was well located for Media City and other local attractions. The hotel check in process seemed to take forever and so many questions to answer, this part was a real pain, other than that the staff where all super friendly and I really can't knock it at all in fact I'd recommend it. Great value for money, friendly staff, parking on site and a super comfortable night's sleep - well done Premier Inn - keep up the great work.

Stayed July 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
  • Korean first
Ballymoney, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

This is an excellent hotel. Not only is it within walking distance of Old Trafford Stadium (who by the way offer an excellent tour of the stadium and museum - I am not a football lover but could be converted!) but also near the Imperial War Museum (free entry) and media city ie. BBC, ITV and Coronation Street Studios. The hotel staff are very friendly, knowledgeable and attentive and I could not believe how clean the hotel was. There is not a spec of dust or cobwebs anywhere to be seen. The Thyme Restaurant offer a good selection menu. The food is delicious. Well worth a visit! I will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
      Cleanliness
Nottingham United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed here on Friday 11 July it is a lovely place to stay. We were only there for the night. We were meeting up with a friend in Manchester so they booked a taxi for us it turned up on time and he went out of his way to get us to where we wanted to be. All in all a good stay
Room was quiet and clean. Would I recommend it to right I would.

• Stayed July 2014
      Cleanliness
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Alex C, Manager at Premier Inn Manchester Old Trafford Hotel, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a few comments with regards to your recent stay here at Manchester Old Trafford.

It is lovely to hear that you would glady recommend us.

Are you thinking about staying with us again? I would just like to ensure you that our doors are always open should you return.
Yorkshire, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

Got this on a discount deal and was impressed quiet clean excellent location unless you support man city or Liverpool but good location Central for centre Trafford retail park hassle free check in check out. Car parking on site free bus stop outside number of eateries etc nearby ultra clean and finished off to a high standard way above you would expect at the price

Room Tip: 2nd floor rear of building
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for taking the time to comment about your recent stay here at Premier Inn Manchester Old Trafford and for writing such an excellent review. It’s great for our staff to hear such positive feedback from the guests that have been staying with us.

I am glad you were able to take advantage of one our fabulous offers.

I am pleased that it was a good trip and we do hope to see you again in the near future.
Again thank you for taking the time to review the hotel as great feedback helps to motivate the team.
north of england
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

Just arrived back from a 2 night stay at Prem Inn Old Trafford, they are not kidding about the Old Trafford either, couldn't get any closer just across the street, ideal for anyone going to the match. I have no interest in football but love Manchester, there was a deal on £29 so thought we'd try it as we love Premier Inns and our usual at Arena/Printworks was too expensive. What can I say, from start to finish it was great. The staff are really nice, friendly, informative plus there was a room ready at 11.00am and we didn't even ask!! Room was lovely, not the usual Premier Inn somehow more pleasant for want of a better word, I could have stayed there longer. Proper wardrobe, nice bathroom nice furnishings. They haven't upgraded to the big flat screens yet but I don't go away to watch telly!! We didn't try the bar or restaurant as we love getting into Manchester too much but it looked alright. Didn't sleep too well, don't get me wrong it was very comfortable but just very warm had the window open all night, having said that it was extremely close & muggy outside. My only complaint really is anyone wanting to use this hotel for the city centre it can be a bit expensive, there is a bus stop right outside and it costs £4 return, drops you off right outside on return. So if you are a family or want to go into town then back and get ready for a night out in town it could cost you plenty. Taxis about a tenner. Having said that Yes I would stay here again, only if my usual weren't available though. Really nice hotel, it was a pleasure.

Room Tip: We were on the 4th floor, never heard a dicky bird. Very comfortable room, all pretty much the same...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

I’m glad you were able to take advantage of the £29 rooms, and I’m also pleased that the rooms were to your liking.

Brilliant to see we made your stay so comfortable and I will look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Wilsonville, Oregon
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

This is truly the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. The only reason I didn't rate it terrible is because the staff in the restaurant and check in were so nice. The hotel is conveniently located to Manchester United and I was there for business meetings. They advertise that you get a great night sleep or your money back. It was a tiny room with no air but that's okay, you make do, open a window.....I'm not very picky but the bed was ancient, soft, lumpy, squeaky and I could feel the springs. It was way past its prime as a bed for any living thing. I stayed a week and after the second night complained but they said they were sold out and didn't have anything else. When I checked out I asked them about their guarantee and they said I didn't complain soon enough. I registered a complaint which I never do because I travel so much for work but felt that I had to for the next poor soul. Not even an acknowledgement back...an I'm sorry, or we do mean your money back......just a note what room? and oh we've had complaints before. Yikes! I do not have a very good impression of Premier Inns now and will never give them my business.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Manchester Old Trafford Hotel, responded to this review, 13 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion our hotel fell far short of your expectations. Your feedback is very much appreciated as it enables us to improve standards. Please email your booking details including your reservation number to talktous@premierinn.com and we will follow this up with the Management Team. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.
York, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

We stayed as a family for a night last year, it is such a fantastic hotel! The staff are friendly and the rooms are spotless (the beds are so comfy). It's perfect if you are visiting Old Trafford like we did. We couldn't fault the food at all and it's reasonably priced. This is definitely one of the best premier inns we have stayed in. Thanks for a great stay.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Chloeemariex
Thank you for taking the time to write a few comments with regards to your stay here at Manchester Old Trafford last year.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Trafford
Hotel Football Old Trafford
Premier Inn Manchester Trafford Centre West
Premier Inn Manchester Salford Quays Hotel
ibis budget Manchester Salford Quays
Holiday Inn Express Manchester - Salford Quays
Holiday Inn Manchester MediaCityUK

Been to Premier Inn Manchester Old Trafford Hotel? Share your experiences!