“Friendly, helpful staff but a rundown hotel in desperate need of refurbishment.”

Trafford Hall Hotel
Ranked #21 of 23 Hotels in Trafford
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Staff were really helpful and kind, for instance it was pouring down with rain and the barman loaned us his umbrella for the afternoon.
However the room was horrendous in dire need of updating. Extension leads every where, spiders and daddy long legs joining us for a stay, only BBC 1 worked whilst all other channels struggled for signal, shower wouldn't run mildly warm never mind hot meaning we had to bathe.
You get what you pay for I suppose!

• Stayed: May 2014

Reviewed 22 May 2014

With the area not known to us and with the attitude "it was only somewhere to rest our heads" we where pleasantly surprised with the character of the building, the room was spacious and comfortable and great value. we did not intend to have breakfast but with the warm atmosphere we decided to have breakfast which even for me was ample and for the first time I was unable to finish as it was so filling. The staff where helpful and friendly especially Brian who after serving breakfast and checking us out assisted us with some photos (thanks Brian) would recommend the hotel to others and look forward to my next visit up to Manchester.

Room Tip: Didn't have any noise issues even above the bar area.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Brian T
Reviewed 4 May 2014

We paid £109 to stay in what can only be described as a very shabby and run down hotel, in other words a dump. We have stayed in hotels for half the price that would beat this place hands down. We were only staying for one night thank goodness, to go to see Man United. The room was large and the bed was OK and the breakfast wasn't bad, the staff were friendly but that's the end of the pros for this place. The bathroom was old and badly decorated (there was a patch on the door that looked like it had been painted with a very dusty brush, in fact the whole door did); The bath mat in the bath was dirty, the shower was cold so we couldn't use it and even though we complained about this nothing was done. The reception staff doubled up as bar staff. There was tape around the wire connecting the heated towel rail in the bathroom to the socket; the carpet was very old and faded, the settee in the room was stained; the window sills were very dirty and one of the sills was loose; the curtains would not open or close properly; the headboard wasn't attached to the bed; there was dust on the lamps and light fittings, also on the TV cabinet; the skirting boards were filthy. The TV was connected to an extension lead which was just below the table with the kettle, very dangerous; the door to the room was difficult to open, the paintwork was shabby throughout; The bar is also very shabby with old furniture, I had a glass of wine which was given to me in a very dirty glass with lipstick on the rim; the sofas in the bar were ripped, the carpet on the stairs to the rooms was repaired with silver tape the carpet was very threadbare, at the back of the hotel where we parked there was rubbish everywhere; there were broken windows and from the back it looked like a derelict building, We wondered why we had to pay in advance but now we know why, if we hadn't paid up front we would not have stayed there. I could go on and on, it is definitely the worst hotel we have ever stayed in and we would never stay there again.

Room Tip: Don't choose one in this hotel
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kathy T
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Booked for my spouse for one night. Comfortable room, great breakfast, convenient to Old Trafford and tram station. Very reasonable booked at last minute. Carl at the desk, was extremely helpful. Above and beyond. Brian's a great breakfast chef Pleasant stay. Would go back.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 April 2014

I stayed in room 21 for 2 nights this weekend and after reading all the comments on here, I was quite worried - but I have to say I was very pleased with my stay.
GOOD POINTS:
The staff were incredibly friendly when I arrived.
The room was quite large, I had a double bed which was nice and comfy (no headboard though but that didn't bother me)
The shower worked perfectly for me, nice and warm (had no issues at all)
BAD POINTS:
The hotel definitely needs a upgrade, it looks incredibly ancient but when you're paying 30 pound for a night you can't expect too much right?
The only real bad point I had was that the heating in room 21 kept turning on then off and would make a small noise every time it would come back on (even though it was turned off) so in the middle of the night it would wake me up although I'm sure if I brought it to the attention of one of the staff this could have been resolved (it wasn't a big deal for me)
Overall I was very pleased with my stay, I would definitely be back :)

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 April 2014 via mobile

This is a very basic hotel with normal facilities. The place itself is in need of modernisation. All furniture and decor are old. Bathroom facilities are old. Ample car park. Pub on site opens till early hours.There is a metro tram station within minutes away which will take you to the city centre. Manchester United is about 10 minutes walk. KFC Pizzahut etc minutes drive or 5 min walk. Super market nearby.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 1 April 2014

This hotel booked as we were watching Manchester United at nearby Old Trafford. As we had anticipated we had to pay a premium £95 for our single rooms which given the age of the hotel and its 'tired' look was a little pricey to say the least. Through these pages I see that others have paid much less.
The hotel itself though is clean and all the staff were very welcoming and very helpful. The breakfasts at £7 were very good value.
If we visit again we will look for a much cheaper price

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Trafford
Victoria Warehouse Hotel
Victoria Warehouse Hotel
#3 of 3 in Stretford
Hilton Garden Inn Manchester Emirates Old Trafford
Holiday Inn Express Manchester - TRAFFORDCITY
Hotel Football Old Trafford
Travelodge Manchester Trafford Park
Copthorne Hotel Manchester

Been to Trafford Hall Hotel? Share your experiences!