Stayed here for 2nights as I was attending a Charity Ball next door at The Point. The check-in was quick wit a very cheerful girl, who phoned and got a price for me for a taxi from the airport for friends of mine who were arriving from Germany the next morning. I was in room 26 which over-looked the cricket ground with a balcony, not much good on a Dark Thursday night though but I wasn't too bothered! The room itself was large and very clean. The bathroom too was clean too and the addition of shampoo ad shower gel was a bonus. The bed is a firm mattress, not what I'm used to, but I still found it comfy and had a good nights to sleep. breakfast on the Friday morning was fine, I'm not a big eater of breakfast so had a croissant, which was fine. With the Tram stop just behind the hotel, its handy for quick access to the city centre, and you can be there in 15min.
On the Friday nigh after leaving the ball next door, many of us moved to the hotel bar for a few drinks, the bar was mobbed as I think every one who was at the ball and staying at hotel wanted a drink. Full marks to the night porter Malcolm who was great with us, and had a good old banter with us too.
The next morning myself and my German friend went down for breakfast at about 9am only to find the breakfast area packed with no free tables. We had to grab or breakfast and sit on sofa like seats at the other end of reception. This is the only reason I haven't given this hotel 5stars as I think this was unacceptable, ok the hotel couldn't do anything about the breakfast area being busy and everyone wanting breakfast at the same time, but be warned, if staying at a busy time, breakfast area is tiny so you may need to either sit where we had to sit or take your breakfast back to your room!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Old Trafford Lodge in ideally located in the Lancashire County Cricket Club, with the Metro link providing easy access to the City centre and the Salford Quays. With 36 Executive bedrooms overlooking the famous Old Trafford pitch, where else can you relax on your own balcony at the end of your working day and enjoy the unique experience of watching County Cricket from your bedroom window? ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotel.de, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Old Trafford Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Old Trafford Hotel Trafford
- Old Hotel Trafford
- Old Trafford Lodge Greater Manchester