“Good atmosphere”

Cuisines: Sushi
Kashiwa, Japan
“Good atmosphere”
Reviewed 18 December 2013

"Tsukiji Tamazushi" is a sushi restaurant which is in "The Kashiwa Takashimaya Station Mall", in Chiba. The appearance of the entrance is attractive, for example, it is decorated with artificial bamboo trees, a short cobblestone lane and a noren which means Japanese curtain even though the restaurant is inside the building. As you know, sushi-go-round restaurants are popular and known as traditional Japanese culture. However this restaurant uses the style of sushi bar. There are also table seats but I and my family usually take a seat at the bar because we can enjoy conversation with sushi chef and we can see the process of making sushi. Chefs are attentive and humorist so I can get bits of knowledge related to fish and sushi from them. Furthermore, lightning is soft and darkish, and it is not loud so we can dine in a relaxing atmosphere.
There are variety of set menu and tasty appetizers. Also, we can choice what we want to eat. The price is expensive if it is compared with sushi-go-round restaurant, but we can eat fresh and good quality of dish. It may be too expensive for general students to go there with friends, though it is able to use there for the special day if you choose a reasonable set. I have tried some sets before and the last time I ordered "koyuki-nigiri", which costs 1890 yen. It includes nine pieces of sushi, miso soup and ice cream. It became one of my favorite dishes because the size was suitable for me and receive satisfaction from it. I also ordered steamed egg hotchpotch and it took a long time to do it. I recommend to order it early on so that you are able to eat it in a good timing. "Maguro-no-hohoniku-yaki" (tuna-cheek-meat-steak) was so delicious. I felt it was not enough for 1050 yen. However I sheared it with my family and we ate all of them so fast. The fish meat was tender and the taste of sauce was sweet and a little spicy. Next time, I would like to eat it again.
Food, chef, atmosphere, place, everything is good and there is my favorite sushi restaurant. My family has visited there for a long time since I was a small. You will get a high quality of hospitality in the restaurant.

• Visited October 2013