Hilton Odawara Resort & Spa
  • Restaurant
Ryokan
Hinode Ryokan(Odawara)
1,237 results
All reviewshilton odawarahot springsdinner buffetshuttle busbowling alleyswimming poolnice resortlobby loungeocean viewmt fujisports facilitiesbit out of the waygreat oceanrented a carmini golfdriving rangewestern dishes
Reviewed 27 September 2013

So, unfortunately we only had time for a 1 night stay on our way home to the US, but wanting to take in Hakone, we stayed here. What a lovely hotel. We took in Hakone, then came back to our room (half Western, half Japanese at my 15 year old son's request-he of course stayed in the tatami room). The view of the Pacific was grand. The grounds lovely, I think we were the only non-Asian visitors. Ate dinner in the restaurant, again, lovely options. I took an early AM walk on our last day, amazing compound, with walking trails, chapel, incredible SPA, and awesome SPA! I wrote in my journal...Sayonara Japan...Arigato Gozaimas.

Stayed in room 704...truly lovely...I want to return!!!

Room Tip: I loved this place, yes, out of the way, but that's what you want when you're vacationing in Japan! We loved 704!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Hotel R, Andreas Boettger - General Manager at Hilton Odawara Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2013

Thank you for staying at the Hilton Odawara Resort & Spa last week and my sincere appreciation to your comments on the Trip Advisor.
I am very pleased to hear that you were satisfied with your overall stay and your recent stay with us exceeded your expectations.
I will certainly share your warm comments with our team members.
We look forward to welcoming you again in near future.

Reviewed 7 August 2013

Hilton quality of the accommodation and the services you expect will not fail at tis hotel, with a little additional services, such as morning coffee and newspapers at its spacious and comfortable lobby. Wish a room to be larger by at least 30%.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Hotel R, Andreas Boettger - General Manager at Hilton Odawara Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2013

It is our greatest pleasure to know that you have enjoyed your stay.
We value our customer’s opinions about us to serve you in any better way. So should there be anything that we can do to make your stay more comfortable and enjoyable, please let us know.
We all look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Reviewed 30 July 2013

It was a fantastic stay!! I stayed at Hilton Odawara for my grand father's 80YO birthday. I made reservation on the phone. They noticed me from the previous record and recognized me. And I told them that we have a special dinner with my grandfather. They kindly arranged a nice welcome drink at the restaurant. I arrived at Hilton Odawara at midnight, however, front desk greeted me with cheerful smile and provided me a smooth check-in. The hotel staff are very kind to each guest and I am glad to receive their warmhearted service. Thank you, Hilton Odawara and I will be definately going back to your hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Hotel R, Andreas Boettger - General Manager at Hilton Odawara Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2013

I would like to express my sincere appreciation that you stayed at the Hilton Odawara Resort & Spa and took time to send us a warm comment through Tripadvisor.
I am very pleased to hear that you & your family were satisfied with your overall stay for your grandfather’s special birthday. I will certainly share your warm comments with our team members. Moreover all our team members promise that we continue making the best efforts to provide the Hilton hospitality.
We look forward to welcoming you again in near future.

Reviewed 24 July 2013

We visited for a short break - 2 nights/3 days - mainly to let our 3 year old swim. We will probably visit again simply to use the swimming pool. The swimming set up us is very kid friendly. The water is heated in most of the pools, and generally there are fewer "rules" than most public swimming pools in Japan. It is a nice hotel, but if they didn't have the swimming pool complex I wouldn't visit the hotel. I would rate this Hilton hotel, one star below the Hilton in Nisseko - the room, onsen and breakfast were all better in Nisseko. The buffet breakfast was OK, but not up to the standard of the Hilton Nisseko. Your food and beverage bill will be quite large if you eat all your meals in the hotel. There was only one restaurant open, serving an expensive buffet for breakfast, lunch and dinner. By "expensive" I mean you are paying prices equivalent to those at the top end hotels in Tokyo - and at least with respect to breakfast, not getting the equivalent quality. I am not a fan of buffets. I draw the line at a buffet breakfast. There is a limited and expensive in-room dining menu, and the restaurant does a limited "light" meal option in "off peak" periods after lunch and dinner. Generally, all F&B is overpriced. For example, a can of Japanese beer at the hotel "convenience store" was JPY420, and JPY 500 in the Games room ( arcade/bowling/darts/pool). Expensive for self service. They do provide an empty bar fridge in your room - so BYO F&B. The only other complaint was the soft mattress. Clean, well maintained hotel with friendly, accommodating staff.

Room Tip: All rooms have ocean view. It was very misty when we visited. Very limited visibility. Third floor connects to the spa complex. Makes it easier to visit in your bathrobe/swim wear.
1  Thank Kenny S
Hotel R, Andreas Boettger - General Manager at Hilton Odawara Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2013

Thank you for your valued feedback about your recent stay at Hilton Odawara Resort & Spa.
I am sorry to read that we didn’t meet your expectations on this occasion.
Our Food & Beverage facilities aim to cater for a wide variety of guests and we constantly review our buffet contents and pricing.
Thank you once again for your valuable feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back sometime in the future to Hilton Odawara Resort & Spa.

Reviewed 5 July 2013

We spent 4 nights at the Hilton Odawara and wish we had more time. There is so much to do at this resort that appeals to all ages and interests. The staff was outstanding and accommodating. We had planned on spending most of our time during our visit exploring the Hakone National Park and climb Mount Fuji. We did that, which didn't leave a lot of time to enjoy the many pools, the spa, the onsen, and all the other amenities, but we squeezed a lot in. Although the restaurants did not offer a huge variety, they were very flexible in modifying selections for a vegetarian. I would recommend spending several nights so you can enjoy the region on some days, and the hotel amenities on other days. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Hotel R, Andreas Boettger - General Manager at Hilton Odawara Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2013

Thank you very much for your staying at the Hilton Odawara Resort & Spa, and we are pleased to hear that you were satisfied with your overall stay with us.
We appreciate your comments on the Trip Advisor. I will personally pass on your compliment to our service staff.
Since your satisfaction is extremely important to us, we all are committed the best quality of service along with the Hilton Hospitality.
We will continue our best efforts to provide the best service for the guests and look forward to welcoming you again in near future.