We had a large group stay here after our wedding in Shizuoka. Check in took a long time and it was very confusing due to 14 people booked under my name as I had organised our entire stay in Japan myself. I was surprised at how much time it took but we finally got there and the kind gentleman at the front desk upgraded my husband and I to a king suit on the top floor as it was our honeymoon, after I asked if it was possible.
All formalities out of the way this hotel is as all Hilton Hotels tend to be, large, with beautiful surrounds. This particular hotel has amazing gardens and our stay was during Autumn so the leaves were particularly beautiful.
Our upgraded room was huge, and we had a sitting area with a sofa and chairs, and floor to ceiling windows with sea views which were quite spectacular. The bathroom was spacious and clean.
I was extremely disappointed at the comfort of the bed - it was 2 twins zipped together, and as my husband is 195cm, his feet were hanging off the bed significantly. In a proper king sized bed this is not usually a problem. If I had of paid for this king room in full rather than it being an upgrade I would have complained. It was not a comfortable bed and I woke up every morning stiff due to the crevice in the middle of the bed. Being our honeymoon it was a little upsetting that we had to sleep on separate sides of the bed to be comfortable.
Breakfast was incredible. Huge western and Japanese selections, everything was delicious.
The pool and onsen were beautiful. Lovely complimentary facilities and the staff were so nice!
The games room and bowling alley were good fun, I admit I was surprised at the cost to play bowling was the same as your standard bowling alley out side the hotel. I imagined it would be a complimentary facility when I read the website. Perhaps I didn't read closely enough.
Also some facilities were not available sue to renovations, it would have been nice to be notified via email prior to arriving to avoid disappointment as some of my guests were looking forward to using some of the things unavailable.
The free shuttle was very useful, take note that there are two shuttles, one from the hotel, and one from the bottom of the hill - if you're really needing an extra shuttle or want to get back to the hotel later, the shuttle that stops at the bottom of the long drive way may be helpful.
Overall the Hilton was beautiful as usual, amazing grounds, breakfast, service, facilities...
but the beds were very disappointing. It was nice as a once off visit. I value my sleep too much.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Travel to the Hilton Odawara Resort & Spa, just 60 miles west of Tokyo, in the Hakone mountain's foothills. It's just 30 minutes by train to Tokyo's business district and 90 minutes by car to Haneda Tokyo airport. Courtesy transport runs weekdays to Odawara train station and shops, 2.5 miles away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Rakuten, Expedia, Agoda, Hilton EMEA, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton Odawara Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Odawara Hotel Odawara
- Hilton Odawara Resort And Spa
- Odawara Hilton