“Beautiful location, friendly staff”

Hilton Odawara Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels / Ryokan in Odawara
Terrigal, Australia
“Beautiful location, friendly staff”
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Recently stayed 2 nights at this beautiful resort. Set in the mountain area you feel as if you are at a health resort. About 20 minutes out of town by hotel shuttle bus from the station, it is still very handy because there is also a very frequent shuttle bus to/from the local station. The rooms are a little dated but still very comfortable. The pools are amazing and there is also a really good onsen. The choice of meals at the hotel restaurants is very limited and quite expensive but it's quite easy to go back into town - there's some quite good, inexpensive eating at the station precincts. It's very easy to do the full day trip of Hakone area, including a beautiful view of Mt Fuji if you're as lucky as we were.

Room Tip: Ask for room on higher floor, specify king if that's what you want because Japanese hotels have...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Callmehelen
Hotel R, Andreas Boettger - General Manager at Hilton Odawara Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Thank you for staying at the Hilton Odawara Resort & Spa last week and my sincere appreciation to your comments on the Trip Advisor.
I will personally pass on your compliment to our service staff. Since your satisfaction is extremely important to us, we all are committed the best quality of service along with the Hilton
Hospitality.
Our hotel has received the 2013 TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence Award. This honor is awarded to establishments that achieve outstanding traveler reviews on TripAdvisor, the world's largest travel site. Our staff takes great pride in consistently offering an exceptional experience to our guests.
We will continue our best efforts to provide the best service for the guests and look forward to welcoming you again in near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Yes, it is a great place if your kids are dead tired (like mine) of sight seeing, temples, your 1001 shots of cherry blossoms, running after you in the crowded metros and trains. They will have fun with the Hotel amenities, from the great indoor and outdoor pool to bowling, arcade and Kareoki rooms. But there are serious flaws with this Hotel, and the most important is the limited dining outlet. The main Flora restaurant offered buffet breakfast lunch and dinner, choices were not as many and the quality of the food not great, and that was it!!! Besides that, there was only the lobby lounge that had very few choices of sandwiches and tapas, and one little outlet beside the swimming pool that served 4-5 fixed meals. This beside the fact that the hotel is a very long ride from closest city Odawara, make the dining experience far from pleasant specially if you are planning to stay for few days or you are willing to spend money. The other thing is that the hotel introduces itself as SPA, we stated by booking two massages in the SPA and we were so disappointed with the lack of the competency and quality of the treatment we received. But the kids loved their stay !!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Hotel R, Andreas Boettger - General Manager at Hilton Odawara Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
It was great to read your very positive comments on the service and various aspects of the product.
We certainly aim to use excellent service to differentiate our hotel from others!
Louisville
Reviewed 4 March 2014

We stayed here in February, not the kindest month, and it was still a gorgeous resort with many amenities. The grounds are impeccable, the staff extremely conscientious, and the mineral spring pool to die for (especially in the outdoor part, breathing in the chill February air). One of the best parts of our stay here was the supper buffet. Don't be scared away by the price, it is 100% worth every penny/yen. The selection was superb, everything fresh and delicious, and the seafood and sushi alone worth going for. We will DEFINITELY be back to this fabulous resort.

Room Tip: Every room is on the coast! Fabulous views!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Hotel R, Hilton Odawara Resort & Spa at Hilton Odawara Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Thank you very much for your stay at the Hilton Odawara Resort & Spa, and we are pleased to hear that you were satisfied with your overall stay with us.
I am very pleased to hear that you were satisfied with your overall stay and your recent stay with us exceeded your expectations.
We look forward to welcoming you again in near future.
Belgrade, Serbia
Reviewed 18 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for some pampering with a friend. The spa is absolutely wonderful. Such choice in different warm baths, sauna and steamrooms. The onsen is definitely worth a try, particularly the outdoor part. Where other than Japan can you enjoy a moonlit soak in a natural bath in the middle of winter? The stone spa (which you need to pay for separately) is also well worth a visit and money well spent, you feel totally relaxed and reinvigorated after a 90 minute session on the hot stones. We didn't try the massages as we were running short of time. Food wise, we only had the breakfast, which was fine. Only disappointment was that upon arrival at 14:00 the only option to have lunch was room service, which we decided to forego.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Hotel R, Andreas Boettger - General Manager at Hilton Odawara Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
Thank you very much for your staying at the Hilton Odawara Resort & Spa.
I would like to express my sincere appreciation to your very valuable comment. I am pleased to hear that you were satisfied with your overall stay with us and I will certainly share your warm comments with our team members.
Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed 23 January 2014

I loved every moment of the stay...great location...great facilities...good food...warm pool was good.The staff was very helpful,the view from the room was excellent.The moment I stepped onto the balcony, I was fighting with strong wind.Great exprience.

Room Tip: Room with the sea view
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Hotel R, Andreas Boettger - General Manager at Hilton Odawara Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
We look forward to welcoming you again in the future.
fujisawa, Japan
Reviewed 11 January 2014

we enjoyed spa and pool. My hasband is sicked on right leg and right arm, so warm pool was good to walk for him. I want to play pata-golf ,but we have not time ,so we cann't play pato-golf. It is disappointing. I want to play pata-golf at next chance.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Hotel R, Andreas Boettger - General Manager at Hilton Odawara Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 16 January 2014
Thank you very much for staying with us at the Hilton Odawara Resort & Spa, and thank you very much for taking your valuable time to give us your thoughts.
It is our greatest pleasure to know that you have enjoyed your stay.
We here at the Hilton Odawara Resort & Spa look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.
Melbourne
Reviewed 27 December 2013

We had a large group stay here after our wedding in Shizuoka. Check in took a long time and it was very confusing due to 14 people booked under my name as I had organised our entire stay in Japan myself. I was surprised at how much time it took but we finally got there and the kind gentleman at the front desk upgraded my husband and I to a king suit on the top floor as it was our honeymoon, after I asked if it was possible.
All formalities out of the way this hotel is as all Hilton Hotels tend to be, large, with beautiful surrounds. This particular hotel has amazing gardens and our stay was during Autumn so the leaves were particularly beautiful.

Our upgraded room was huge, and we had a sitting area with a sofa and chairs, and floor to ceiling windows with sea views which were quite spectacular. The bathroom was spacious and clean.

I was extremely disappointed at the comfort of the bed - it was 2 twins zipped together, and as my husband is 195cm, his feet were hanging off the bed significantly. In a proper king sized bed this is not usually a problem. If I had of paid for this king room in full rather than it being an upgrade I would have complained. It was not a comfortable bed and I woke up every morning stiff due to the crevice in the middle of the bed. Being our honeymoon it was a little upsetting that we had to sleep on separate sides of the bed to be comfortable.

Breakfast was incredible. Huge western and Japanese selections, everything was delicious.

The pool and onsen were beautiful. Lovely complimentary facilities and the staff were so nice!

The games room and bowling alley were good fun, I admit I was surprised at the cost to play bowling was the same as your standard bowling alley out side the hotel. I imagined it would be a complimentary facility when I read the website. Perhaps I didn't read closely enough.
Also some facilities were not available sue to renovations, it would have been nice to be notified via email prior to arriving to avoid disappointment as some of my guests were looking forward to using some of the things unavailable.

The free shuttle was very useful, take note that there are two shuttles, one from the hotel, and one from the bottom of the hill - if you're really needing an extra shuttle or want to get back to the hotel later, the shuttle that stops at the bottom of the long drive way may be helpful.

Overall the Hilton was beautiful as usual, amazing grounds, breakfast, service, facilities...
but the beds were very disappointing. It was nice as a once off visit. I value my sleep too much.

Room Tip: If you are tall, ask about the bed before booking. The king bed is twins zipped together. You cann...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank twisty06
Hotel R, Andreas Boettger - General Manager at Hilton Odawara Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
I would like to express my sincere appreciation that you stayed at the Hilton Odawara Resort & Spa and took time to send us a warm comment through Tripadvisor.
I am very pleased to hear that you, your husband & your family were satisfied with your overall stay for your honeymoon. I will certainly share your warm comments with our team members. Moreover all our team members promise that we continue making the best efforts to provide the Hilton hospitality.
We look forward to welcoming you again in near future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Odawara
Tenseien
#3 of 241 in Hakone-machi
Yumoto Fujiya Hotel
Yumoto Fujiya Hotel
#10 of 241 in Hakone-machi

Been to Hilton Odawara Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!