“A Friendly Hillside Welcome”
Review of Creag Dubh

and 1 more site!
Creag Dubh
Ranked #1 of 1 Erbusaig B&B and Inns
Oxford, United Kingdom
“A Friendly Hillside Welcome”
Reviewed 7 November 2010

Spent an excellent long weekend under the hospitality of Kate and Roy. They couldn't be more welcoming and provided information on everything I needed. The room was warm and comfortable and the only thing lacking was a tv. I would go back again.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank Chillipots

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Bedford, England
Reviewed 6 June 2010

Creag Dubh is a brilliant place to stay for sightseeing in the West Highlands. A warm welcome awaits from owners Roy and Kate who can't do enough to help. Lovely breakfast, clean room and wonderful views. Owners are very knowledgeable about the area and give good tourist advice! We will be going back. Kate and Colin

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KateSBedford
GLASGOW
Reviewed 9 October 2009

Very clean, very friendly. A beautiful location,excellent for a base for sightseeing.
The owners are so nice. We were made very welcom and felt very much at home with them.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank OLDBEAR15
Glasgow, Scotland
Reviewed 29 September 2009

I won't repeat everything that has already been said about this lovely B&B, but I agree with everything said so far. To add to the other reviews, I would say that we had the twin room with private bathroom on the same landing. A nice tea/hot drinks tray was provided in the bedroom with biscuits too, and also a nice added touch of two bottles of spring water. The beds were very comfortable as were the pillows, and the quilts were good heavy quality ones. I used the clock radio provided to listen to the radio, but a portable tv on a wall bracket would just have been the finishing touch for me, for a little bed time tv viewing!

The bathroom was gorgeous, very high quality and obviously very recently done, with shining quality white suite and slate tiles. The bath and shower were great. If like me you have some mobility issues ( I have arthritis and find bathing awkward), you can very comfortably sit on the wide edge of the bath and use the shower to wash. This made the stay much more stress-free for me and I appreciated that. There was a nice selection of bottles of bubble bath, shampoo etc for guests to use and there were LOTS of sparkling fluffy towels provided, again, excellent.

We went down at breakfast time to be ushered into the kitchen by our friendly hosts and sat at a large table with the sun shining in on us. There was a huge bowl of freshly made fruit salad on the table, and we had croissants, toast, preseves and full cooked breakfasts all available. It was such a relaxed occasion, I could happily have sat there all day!

We were treated like royalty by these lovely people and I would heartily recommend this B&B.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank IBelongToGlasgow
Reviewed 23 September 2009

Creag Dubh is a great little B&B just outside Kyle of Lochalsh, with only two roooms it really feels like you are staying in Kate & Roy's home ratehr than a business. The location is stunning with great views over the water to the islands and plenty of local wildlife (goats, sheep, pine martins and not the mention the resident cats). Kate & Roy work hard at providing a real personal welcome and it really is great. Breakfast is excellent and very large, with great company from the two of them. The local hotel is 100m away where you can get evening meals. Location is suitable for those with motorbikes. A great B&B and we will definitely recommend

Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank expensivewino
Edinburgh
Reviewed 20 September 2009

Creag Dubh B&B is definitely a great place to stay. The rooms are very clean and the whole house is very well organised. Roy and Kate are a a truly nice couple and the breakfast was lovely too.
Overall, I think it was a great choice and I will definitely stay there again sometime.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JasmineEdinburgh
London
Reviewed 6 July 2009

Two miles outside of Kyle fo Lochalsh, Creag Dubh sits amongst a handful of cottages that make up the exceptionally pretty Erbusaig which has the most stunning views of the Cuillen mountains and offers a great base for those travelling around the area.

I cannot thank Roy & Kate enough for their generosity and welcome during our visit. They are an instantly likeable couple with genuine warmth which makes the stay with them akin to staying with friends. The rooms are newly renovated with a fresh and stylish decor, the double offering ensuite, whilst the twin (in which we stayed) having a private bathroom across the hall. Breakfast more than set us up for the day with a huge choice on offer and the most indulgent porridge I’ve ever tasted.

Erbusaig and the surrounding area is hard to leave. Within its beauty and serenity it is impossible not to shed all cares and both my mother and I have received compliments regarding how much brighter and more contented we seem since returning. But it is also down the the people in the area as well - everyone we met seemed so open and friendly. It is the kind of place where everyone knows and looks out for each other and is unashamedly connected to and respectful of the nature surrounding them. Kate and Roy were particularly kind, not only working around our schedule but offering lifts to and from Kyle and to nearby Plockon.

I would recommend Creag Dubh without hesitation and have already looked into visiting later in the year. It is incredible value and offers a very memorable experience.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank Tired71
Also consider these accommodations in or near Erbusaig
Tingle Creek Hotel
#1 of 1 in Torridon
Hartfield House Applecross
Hartfield House Applecross
#1 of 2 in Applecross

Been to Creag Dubh? Share your experiences!