“A lovely place to stay”
Review of Donan House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dornie
Donan House
Ranked #3 of 5 Dornie B&B and Inns
“A lovely place to stay”
Reviewed 6 October 2013

Myself and my partner stayed here for a couple of nights this week (october 2013). What a beautiful place to stay.. No expense spared on the furnishings, decor, cleanliness etc etc at this lovely house. We will 100% be coming back in the spring ! We didnt want to leave and Dot the owner is lovely !! And yes you can do John O Groats from here !! Lol.... Thanks for everything Dot and Jim, see you soon. Jeff and Nicki

• Stayed October 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Toronto
Reviewed 20 September 2013

A very quaint and lovely place right across from Eilean Donan castle. If this is what you came to Dornie to see, then you will get a lot of it.

The hosts were very accommodating, allowing us to drop off our luggage early before the room was available, and prepared a very substantial breakfast.

The room itself was very modern and cozy. We had ample space for all our luggage and belongings and the washroom was perfect. The view from the bedroom window is perfect for viewing the castle. The house is situated right across the road, and is actually accessible by walking through an underground passage which tunnels under the road. Super convenient and you can be at the castle in under 5 minutes.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Medford, New Jersey
Reviewed 5 September 2013

We were booked at at different guesthouse, but they were without water and thankfully they rebooked us at the Donan House. We arrived late and Jim greeted us and showed us to our room, he was very friendly, especially for the hour! The room is nice, modern, and cleanish... there were spiders in the room, I killed 3-4, they were little guys, but my wife wasn't thrilled and this led to a sweep of the sheets, which were clean. No big deal. Breakfast was good, Dot was very sweet and warm. Lots of parking and right across the street from Eilean Donan Castle. I would recommend this place.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Red Bank, New Jersey
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Definitely one of our highlights in visiting Scotland. I can't say enough good things about the owners, Jim and Dot. My husband and I rented a car and unfortunately got a flat tire on our way to the Donan House. When we arrived, Jim took my husband into town for him to buy a new tire and when we returned, Jim balanced the tire and installed it for us. We were so grateful to him for his thoughtfulness an hospitality. Dot is so sweet also. She was always so friendly and really tried to make sure we had a nice time. I would go back in a heartbeat. All rooms overlook the Eilean Donan Castle which it lit up at nighttime...so beautiful. We truly made friends for life.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Nice
Reviewed 19 August 2013

This B&B is perfect at all levels!!!! It is highly commendable!!!!
We've got an extremely nice welcome and enjoyed a copious breakfast.
The house, which is globally very pleasant, has a complete equipment and is in addition very quiet and located in a very quite area.
The owners provide very good tips for walks in the mountains.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Glenrothes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 August 2013

I found this B&B, after a thorough search for accomodation near to Skye, but on the mainland. I was glad I found this place.

Firstly, the views from my friends bedroom was perfect, looking staight out over Eilean Donan Castle. Given, that one of them had taken the same trip with me 18 years previous, I was so happy she had this view, and experience it really made her so happy. My room, was looking over the village of Dornie, and towards Skye, whch was also nice as well.

Now for the accomodation, the house itself is lovely, however the rooms are immaculate, and the bed was the most comfortable bed I have slept in for as long as I can remember. (I had, driven long the day before, but my friends also stated their beds were also very comfortable)

Breakfast was also very nice, and enjoyable, and plenty there also (Sausage, Bacon, eggs, beans, toast, cereals, coffee, tea).

Jim, was good at giving travels tips, and helpful on arrival, and I had a pleasant chat with Dot, the next morning, she was really nice. I loved this place really, and so I score it very good, and I would visit again. (The dining suggestion was good also)

1 slight negative :
No single person supplement, so it was £75 for single occupancy, which is steep for a B&B.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank JamzyW
donanhouseowner, Owner at Donan House, responded to this review, 7 August 2013
It was nice meeting you & your friends,
In all fairness you had a family room that sleeps 3 people in the busiest time of year,
Hope to see you again.
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Stayed one night with two rooms. Jim and Dot were very friendly and hospitable. Great breakfast with enough toast to fill our growing teenager.

Fabulous view of the castle. Plenty of parking available.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Luckyb99
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dornie
Balmacara Hotel
#1 of 1 in Ratagan
Skye Backpackers Hostel
Skye Backpackers Hostel
#1 of 3 in Kyleakin

Been to Donan House? Share your experiences!