“very friendly wee place”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dornie
Sonas Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 5 Dornie B&B and Inns
Reviewed 10 September 2013

Great stay here for 2 nights as part of a group. Rooms are lovely and clean, and I had the room to the front with a private bathroom next to it. Lovely to be made so welcome and the owners are so friendly. Great breakfast in the morning, sets you up for the day. Definitely recommend this wee gem.

Room Tip: All rooms are great, the room to the front has lovely views but a seperate bathroom and toilet, But...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 2 September 2013

We toured the castle Eilean Donan, and stopped in Dornie for the night. The rooms were spacious, the hostess was incredibly warm and gracious, and every amenity was fantastic. The breakfast the next morning felt like we were visiting somebody's auntie, and Angela doted on us like family.

Next time I'm back up through the highlands (which will hopefully be sooner than later) I will definitely stay there again if we are anywhere nearby.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 August 2013

My wife and I have just returned from another of our regular visits to the wonderfully scenic Wester Ross and once again based ourselves in Dornie. As we have done for many years we stayed in Angela's excellent B&B Sonas where, as usual we were welcomed as old friends. Angela invariably gives both regulars like ourselves and newcomers alike, a friendly and genuine welcome and nothing is too much trouble for her. Where else have you been sent home with a large tub of prawns fresh from the boat at no extra charge.
We find the rooms at Sonas are very comfortable and well appointed with coffee and tea making facilities (with biscuits) should you need them. I should add that Angela's more than generous breakfasts are served at a time which suits you rather than to a rigid timetable which some B&Bs insist on.
Locationwise we find Sonas is ideally situated; the village hotel and pub are only a couple of minutes walk away, and we can recommend both since each serves excellent food.. In this, our most recent visit to Sonas, we met German and Australian guests in addition to homegrown visitors like ourselves and all were highly impressed with the accommodation and the attention and kindness which Angela lavished on them.
Angela, Looking forward to another visit in the early autumn if we get another good spell of weather. Regards to yourself and Johnston. Hope he's recovered from the shinty result.
Jack and Dorothy

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jack D
Reviewed 26 July 2013 via mobile

Spent two nights here as we travelled around the highlands of Scotland. We were greeted with a warm welcome by the owner and shown to our room. She was most helpful and gave us advice on places to visit on the Isle of Skye. We had breakfast together with the other guests on a large table. The food was very tasty. The B&B is very convenient if you'd like to walk to the pub or the castle around the corner. The only reason I didn't give a 5 for location is that there wasn't much of a view. Our room was clean and homely. Angela the owner was a great host and we would definitely come and stay again.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank wena_williams
Reviewed 8 July 2013

We stayed here for our wedding in June. I had already spoken to Angela a few times on the phone, but was totally unprepared for the warm Scottish welcome we received.
The accommodation was perfect. A lovely clean, warm and cosy en-suite room that included tea, coffee and BISCUITS :))) 
The breakfast was spot on. Full English, accompanied by cereal and as much toast as you could eat. All cooked to order at a time to suit.
Angela and Johnston couldn’t have made us feel more welcome. they pulled out all the stops for our big day to ensure it went without a hitch.
We truly can’t wait to go back one day…

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 June 2013

I stayed in June for 3 nights. We were here for a wedding and this was booked for us by the groom. As I had not seen what the Sonas was like and did not book it myself, I was full of trepidation. BUT... that ended the minute I walked in. Angela came out to greet me and my husband and she made us so welcome.
Breakfast was brilliant and we were asked what time we wanted it (within reason of course as our joking request for a noon breakfast was no go)
Angela could not do enough for us. Anything I asked she met, it was mind boggling. I asked for a hair dryer, she had one. I had some bites that was irritating me and asked if she had a remedy and she pulled out a cream for me to use. Room was very comfortable and lovely and warm. Tea making facilities, everything was clean. I travel up to Skye area on and off and would definitely consider Sonas first.
As it was a warm June, mozzies and midges was out so I would advice anyone travelling, to bring antihistamines and bite cream.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 October 2012

I stayed here once at the beginning of this summer with my partner and it was so lovely that I went back taking my mum at the end of the summer. Great hospitality and super scrambled eggs! The best value for money out of all the Scotland B&Bs I have stayed at!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple

Been to Sonas Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!