“Great location”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ardelve
Caberfeidh Guest House
Ranked #4 of 4 Ardelve B&B and Inns
Ash Vale
“Great location”
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Stayed for two nights on our way to and from the Isle of Harris. Great location with views of the castle which looked beautiful lit up at night. Paul and Sheena very welcoming especially to our 7 year old son. Room very quiet but the downside was we were not very warm as the beds only had a sheet and blanket on them. Didn't want to turn the radiator up as our sons bed was put directly in front of it. Breakfast was OK but I would have liked some fresh fruit as an option as I'm not really a fan of the 'full English'. Would go back again but with warm pyjamas!

Room Tip: Rooms 1 and 3 both have great views over the loch.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Angie H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Reviewed 15 August 2013 via mobile

Bed- cold, hard, can feel every spring, has a plastic wee sheet that kids have on double and single bed! No duvet, just a blanket (not washed between guests!)

Breakfast- cheap ingredients, no real service (definitely lacking a smile) strict times... Basil faulty would be proud!

Manners- lady showed us to our room, told my son 'if you make a noise I will be up as our room is below you' scared the life out of him. As owners very noisy and not welcoming. Decoration is very care home/ cheap restaurant.

• Stayed July 2013
10 Thank Kitti_kat28
Vienna, Virginia
Reviewed 11 August 2013

Paul and Sheena came through for us when our reserved B&B had given our room away. Much to our delight our large en suite room looked out on Eilean Donan Castle. Amenities included in-room wifi, and Paul was able to lend us extra plug converters so we could recharge camera batteries and cell phones. Our room was plenty warm on our coldest night in Scotland. Our freshly cooked full Scottish breakfast was plentiful and tasty and included porridge on that cold morning. We were ideally located to get to the castle early and before several tour buses. Should we have the pleasure of returning to this beautiful corner of the world, we would gladly stay at Caberfeidh Guest-house again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank Victoria_and_Ilene
Remscheid
Reviewed 11 August 2013

I stayed one night with my family in Caberfeidh B&B. Compared to the other B&Bs we had until now I can't give an excellent voting as the rooms would need some kind of overhaul. All in all I would vote as average. The breakfast was OK, the toast a little too dark.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Trier, Germany
Reviewed 5 August 2013

This is the second time that we stayed at The Caberfeidh Guest House. The guest house is very clean and the breakfast offers you a lot of variety. Breakfast was served between 8am and 8.45am. As we were on holidays I would have preferred a later breakfast. From our room we had a nice view on Eilan Donan Castle. Our host Paul was very friendly and helpful. The guest house is only a few minutes walk from Dornie and the Castle away. We had dinner in Dornie hotel that night which was lovely. From the bridge you have to cross on your way to Dornie you have a fantastic view on the castle. The next time we will pass Dornie we definetely stay overnight in the Caberfeidh again.

Room Tip: We had room number one with a great view on the castle.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Milan, Italy
Reviewed 29 July 2013

A really good B&B with the best host ever. The location was ideal to visit Skye and Eilean Donan Castle. We had a very enjoyable stay and would recommend their B&B for anyone wishing to stay in this part of Scotland. We'll be staying there again and loved the full Scottish breakfast.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Paola M
Atlanta
Reviewed 6 July 2013 via mobile

Booking was relatively straightforward although the landlady could hardly be described as overly friendly.

Check in was kind of strange given that we had to not only complete the registration cards but also a card for each one of us for our breakfast choice. Not sure what would have happened if we had wanted the cereal rather than the cooked breakfast chosen the night earlier. We had to choose the time we wanted the breakfast.

Waking up to the landlady knocking on the door saying breakfast was ready was kind of strange. We were 3 minutes late to breakfast and the already cooked choices then presented to us by the landlord. The food was acceptable.

We found out at 4 minutes past 10am that checkout was at 10. That was a surprise, so too was having someone bang on our door for the 2nd time shouting at us through the door. I said no problem we would pack.

We didn't pack fast enough as 15 minutes later we had the landlord banging on the door again. I opened it, he could see we were less than a minute away from leaving but he insisted that I come down and settle my bill. I said that I'd rather help my 2 children zip their bags and carry their bags downstairs and then I'd be down. He stormed off and waited downstairs with a pretty furious look on his face.

We paid our bill but not before being reminded one more time off checkout. I explained that I didn't see a time anywhere. He needed to have the last word so I let him and we just left.

To be fair and balanced I did see a lot of positive comments in their guest book so as owners they must be fine for some people.

In closing, I would never recommend this guest house to a friend that was used to the standard of service found in any reasonable hotel.

• Stayed July 2013
10 Thank Steve B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ardelve
Balmacara Hotel
#2 of 2 in Broadford
Saucy Marys Lodge
Saucy Marys Lodge
#3 of 3 in Kyleakin

Been to Caberfeidh Guest House? Share your experiences!