“Lovely stay, warm hospitality”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ardelve
Eilean a Cheo Guest house
Ranked #1 of 4 Ardelve B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 26 September 2013

We had a lovely two night stay at the guest house, a clean, beautifully designed with great hospitality
The guesthouse is located in front of a lake/loch near the Donan castle, couple of minutes from the isle of skye, the breakfast homemade scone was super tasty and the lady that owns the guesthouse was very nice and friendly
Lovely stay indeed!

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Fischman1

Reviewed 19 September 2013

Great location, excellent rates, and wonderful accommodations! We stayed two nights due to the proximity to the Isle of Skye and other local places of interest. Mary is a delightful and attentive hostess. Our room had a view of Eilean Donan Castle and Loch Alsh and Loch Duich. Everything was updated and comfortable and the house very well decorated, with many original paintings and prints of local scenery. Breakfasts were the highlight with outstanding homemade yogurt, croissants, scones, bread, and porridge, as well as fresh eggs and meats. An excellent pub for libations and dinner is a short walk as is Eilean Donan Castle. My husband and I would stay here again, for certain!

Room Tip: Second floor rooms have great views!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 September 2013

This lovely B and B is a little gem in a perfect location. We have stayed for 2 nights,comfy bed, cosy, spotlessly clean and Mary is such a lovely lady,always on hand to help and give advice of the places to go.making sure you have everything you can possibly want.
Our breakfast was fabulous the best produce tasty and wonderful, also homemade jams, yoghurts pastries,anything you desire you can have. Our compliments to the chef!!
Thankyou for a wonderful time this is a very speciial holiday for my husband and myself and your hospitality made our stay here simply perfect.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 31 August 2013

I will start by highlighting the positives. This was a B&B that certainly had a clean room with a great breakfast and a host that meant well. However on arrival the guest book had not been signed in a while which did set alarm bells ringing.However staying in a room with a king size bed and two single duvets was certainly a different experience. The noise from kids in the house and slamming doors as your room shook was also different. To chill out last thing at night also took me back to analog days when BBC was the only channel available. What really concerned me most in this economic era is that my last Skye holiday was in a new build B&B and cost me cheaper. In conclusion I would really question the 3 star AA rating and I left for home to have a holiday from my holiday.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Steven H
Raymond M, Executive Catering Officer at Eilean a Cheo Guest house, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2013

Well what can one say?Yes the house is clean and the food is good.£55.00 - £60.00 per room in August in this location BARGAIN..The last time you stayed in this area it was mid October going rate about £45.00 - £50.00 per room off season why even a youth hostel is circa £35.00 per person sharing.Our guest book was signed the day before you arrived and the day before that and while you were here and the day after etc etc....With regard to your television stations it seems strange that the first I heard of channels missing is on Tripadvisor I have now fixed the problem,although others have stayed since you not exactly fair on them is it.all of our kingsize and superking size beds have 2 duvets as is the preference of our European and other overseas guests who make up circa 98.5 % of our trade.We cater for the family market and therefore on occasion have children in the house if these children make noise in the early evening it is beyond our control as this is a busy guest house throughout the summer.Our 3 star rating is cast in stone as we far exceed the criteria necessary to achieve this.You were asked at the time of departure if everything was Ok and you said yes I heard my wife thank you and you reply was" no bother thank you " Next time you stay somewhere Mr Healy and something does not work tell the owner you never know he might be able to fix it I was took me 3 minutes.We at Eilean A cheo will always strive to offer the best value and comfort the vast majority of our guests enjoy our hospitality we hope to be able to provide the same service to all in the future.

Reviewed 24 July 2013

We stayed here for one night during our trip through Scotland and were pleasantly surprised by the hospitality of the host, the cleanliness of the room and the great breakfast. Combining this with the super close proximity of the beautiful Eilean Donan Castle made this B&B guesthouse a great experience.

Room Tip: We had a room with the castle view, which was nice!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank WillemLeest
Reviewed 9 July 2013

Very small room packed with many furnitures and noise from next door people, it wasn't cheap either. Not expected level of standard for the price paid. Surroundings and view through the window is fabulous.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nanostar
Raymond M, Executive catering officer at Eilean a Cheo Guest house, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Don't know who this person is they never stayed here room description does not add up if it was the smaller room the price would have been about £22.00 GBP per person very cheap.Review is therefore rubbish no further action necessary on my part...

Reviewed 9 July 2013

There is absolutely nothing that could have been better in this lovely cottage deep within the Scottish highlands. It was just perfect from all point of views. Our host was so warm and welcoming and full of advice and insights for our trip to Skye and the surrounding area. The room was spotless and the en-suite bathroom was squeaky clean. You can see the Eilean Donan castle in the distance. Just blissful. Thanks!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Been to Eilean a Cheo Guest house? Share your experiences!