“What a nice find in the Highlands!”
Review of Kintail Lodge

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Shiel Bridge
Kintail Lodge
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Shiel Bridge
Tampa, Florida
“What a nice find in the Highlands!”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I have stayed on Skye several times but decide to try something new. Kintail Lodge was such a nice surprise! From the booking to the 2 nights we were there to the check-out process, everything was really easy and friendly. I was travelling with 2 other women, so we booked 2 rooms with an adjoining bathroom. The rooms were perfect...tastefully done with everything you might need. The views were amazing, and the location was ideal for touring Skye. We had dinner in the bar both nights, and the food was great. The bar can be busy (in a good way), and the atmosphere is relaxed and fun. There is a lovely sitting room with games and DVDs, as well.

All in all, a great place. If it's good enough for Brad Pitt (he stayed while filming in Scotland a few years ago), it's good enough for us! Highly recommended for an authentic Highlands experience!

Room Tip: Most rooms face the water...ask when you book.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
  • Finnish first
Isle of North Uist
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Usually whizz past this hotel on our way to and from Skye, but we stayed for one night last week; a warm welcome on arrival. Very relaxing place. Sun was shining when we arrived and the next morning when we left. Room very comfy and clean..Bar meal very tasty with good service. Would stay again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Oban, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 June 2014

I have stayed in this excellent hotel about 100 times now and have NEVER been disappointed with service, welcome, quality rooms or standard of food. Michelle, Marie-Anne and all the girls make you very welcome and provide the highest standard service. I would highly recommend this hotel and look forward to staying again next week.

• Stayed May 2014
Marianne W, Owner at Kintail Lodge, responded to this review, 8 June 2014
Thank you , what a lovely thing to say, Michele and I are so grateful to you and everyone else for all their lovely remarks. Occasionally we get it wrong but hopefully not too often. Hope to see you back.
scotland
Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

Had an excellent meal here along with a couple of pints of real ale
Ordered the steak pie, when I saw the size of haddock I thought I'd made the wrong choice, but both were absolutely excellent
Lovely atmosphere and friendly staff

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Tiverton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We spent a week in the highlands and we're recommended to eat at the kintail lodge by the owners of our holiday cottage.
We were very happy with the food,served quickly and beautifully presented. Michelle took great care of us and although we weren't staying at the hotel were treated like we were.
Would strongly recommend the venison.
Very reasonable prices too.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dundee, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Have stayed before & eaten too but sdaly did not this time due to only passing. The main bar is still as I recall & the service, atmosphere and range of beers is great as previously. The location on the shore of Loch Duich is magnificent.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
kirkcaldy
Reviewed 11 May 2014

I stayed here for one night whilst on a trip with work. Felt quite guilty as Michele had opened the hotel just for me as I had to change my booking at the last minute to mid-week.

Service was great, my room was a good size with en-suite and I could see the loch from my window. Plenty parking and just 10 minutes down the road from Kyle of Lochalsh and Isle of Skye bridge and about 25 minutes from Plockton. Also free broadband wifi in the whole hotel with a very strong signal throughout.

I ate in the hotel for dinner and breakfast and all meals were excellent. I especially thought my starter of stornaway blackpudding with goats cheese and red onion chutney was amazing.

If I ever make my way north again, would definitely stop in at the Kintail Lodge.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the loch
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
#2 of 2 in Kyle of Lochalsh
Balmacara Hotel
Balmacara Hotel
#1 of 1 in Balmacara

Been to Kintail Lodge? Share your experiences!