“great place to go to and to be at” 5 of 5 bubbles

Fee: Yes
Brisbane, Australia
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“great place to go to and to be at”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

i have been going to gumnuts since i was 11 and every time i go there i am amazed with everything. the staff are friendley and kind. i have had an amazing time everytime and i would personaly ignore all the bad reveiws its the best place for fun all my friends and i have had a great time here and would gladly reccomend it. the young girls that help on trail rides and rides are great and give you a good boost of confidence.
they are a great expeirienced group of girls. definatley go again. if you havent been horse riding before this is the place to go and start.
love it

Visited May 2014

Surfers Paradise, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Sad :(”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

We went there today. We were the only two today that had taken up the $ 39 offer.
Yes, the place is very run down , toilets a disgrace to be honest and wouldn't cost thousands to up date. Why have you let such a beautiful place get to such disrepair?People like cleanliness.
I was saddened to see the poor cow's back legs kept in place by a tight rope and in a pen just big enough for her to stand. ( for hours) ?? I could see the fear in her eyes. Surely this is on the verge of animal cruelty? WHY do you have to incorporate this "Fun to milk a cow" in your daily activities?
There is NO need to put the poor cow to such distress .!!! The kids can still have fun whip lashing and throwing the boomerang.
A little black goat walks around with a big heavy chain about 3 meters long so it doesn't "Run away"? Even though the chain is not attached to a post. I think this is also cruel.
Do you realize there's not an awful lot of things you have to do to get things RIGHT??
Cleanliness being one and Kindness to the animals being the second.
It comes over as just a business which has no empathy for our four legged friends.
Linn was lovely and so were the Japanese girls . They must be there for their love of horses for I can think of no other reason.
Shame to see such a beautiful place and opportunity being
badly reviewed but only YOU the owners can make the difference.
I came home feeling sad at what i'd seen even though we had a sort of nice day with the girls.
We wish you well and hope you can take my feed back on board and MAKE that difference

Visited May 2014
2 Thank 317Elaine
Burleigh Heads, Australia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Little girls nirvana”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014

So glad i ignored all the bad reviews, my girls had THE best time. Yes its run down, staffed by young girls and inexperienced japanese with limited english. The dampers dry and the cordial too sweet (so what, canungras a nice spot for lunch after) and our instructor had no whip or boomerang skills. But ive got 4 words for you...."lilttle girls love ponies". What a great day out in the country. This place is for the kids full stop! (with no or little riding experience). Throw a boomerang and the kids will race to fetch it when it dont come back. Watch them get excited when they make the whip crack, or laugh at dad when he lashes himself on the back, I look like 12 years a slave, well not quite but we had a good laugh. Thx gumnuts, your definitely not 5 star bearly 3 but the kids LOVED it.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Warren G
Brisbane, Australia
“Great experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

I went on a school holiday camp last December and it was brillant. I weent their a total beginner never even sat on a horse yet rode one to at the end of the week almost being able to canter.None of the staff eat or drink other food right in front of you they eat what you eat. Yes they don't have fans but then you can certainly experience the country. The horses are in fine state, if they are lame you don't ride them. Gumnuts farm is not cruel to any animals. My friend also goes on the camps and helps out on the trail rides as she is staff and she just loves it whenever she comes over she always talks about it, that's why I went there. So dont listen to all this crap about the Japanese staff (who are very friendly), the poor state the horses and tack are in and what they give you to eat because its just a whole lot of crap. The water and damper are fine. The damper is actually the best damper there is. And they are not made of money so don't expect them to have perfect tack. Would I go back? Definatley I would go back. Would I recomened this to anyone else? Yes. So if you want to go some where to experience true Aussie farm life definatley go to Gumnuts farm resort.

Visited December 2013
Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

As soon as we turned into the property I could see it was very run down. Fencing needs replacing and the driveway in very poor condition with big pot holes and a bridge that badly needs upkeep. I immediately got the impression the owners do not spend any money on the place. We were greeted by a young Asian lady who did not understand my questions. After filling in the paperwork I went to the bathroom which was disgusting. The toilet was very stained and basin looked like it had not been cleaned for weeks. The helmets were just as described in a previous review....very old and dirty and there was no assistance in choosing or fitting the helmets. We were matched with our horses and proceeded on our ride. I did enjoy this part of the experience but I agree with other reviewers who commented on the condition of the riding equipment. All of it was very worn. Also I could see my horse had hair worn off from the saddle. A couple of other horses were seen to drag their feet. I'm not a 'horse' person but I don't think that can be good. Prior to the ride commencing one of the attendants also pointed out some injury or something wrong with one of the horses (in the chest area) but was told by one of the men it will be ok. When we finished the ride were provided with tea and damper. The cups didn't appear clean and I did not enjoy the damper. There's not much more I can say but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. I wish it were otherwise.

Visited April 2014