“Weekend Spa Break”

The Westerwood Hotel & Golf Resort - A QHotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Cumbernauld
Reviewed 28 April 2014

My sister and I stayed Friday to Sunday (25th to 27th April),
Your staff, From Lowes (hope I've spelled this correctly) who helped arrange that we get a room with a fridge, to the lovely girls in your Spa, specifically Nicola, Gemma & Danielle are a great advert for customer service, they deserve a specific mention, I had Nicola for all my treatments, she made me feel very comfortable from the word go.

The only hiccup was the fillet steak in the Grill on Friday night - the size & quality not good! Rufal tried his best to remedy the situation, but I feel you cannot improve on a bad quality steak, although thank you to him for trying - he was also a great advert for the hotel.

We had dinner in the Fleming Restaurant the following night, seriously good & tasty food, beautifully presented. Staff members Alana, Hannah, Fiona & Emma were the only ladies I remember, very helpful at dinner and breakfast - breakfast is also very good with a lovely selection available to suit everyone.

To the GM, I cannot praise your staff highly enough, they are a huge asset to your hotel, without them, we would not have enjoyed our stay so much, and I wish I had everyone's names, and I hope that the Hotel rewards staff who make such a huge difference.

We will be back - thank you.

Room Tip: Our room in the new part of the Hotel was very comfortable, the fridge makes a difference.

997 - 1,003 of 1,847 reviews

Reviewed 27 April 2014

Just had an amazing time here for a birthday treat for my mother. Cannot praise the staff, hotel, and experience high enough. From when we arrived we were treated with the upmost respect, and staff were very friendly, polite and not a thing was a problem. We all had a facial in the spa, which was fantastic, very friendly and polite staff. Had lunch in the bar and grill and it was fantastic, a big thank you to Shirley who was absolutely fantastic to us, she felt like a friend we had known all our life, made our trip even more special, as did all the staff in the bar and grill, Shirley on hearing we were celebrating a birthday, arranged for a wee cake to be presented to our mother after our dinner, which was over and above anything we would have expected. All in all it is a fantastic place to visit for a bit of pampering and relaxation, friendly staff, good food and a great trip. Thank you so much....

Room Tip: We stayed on ground floor, the doors closing off the room form corridor are excellent...
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Myself and 9 of my friends went to the Westerwood for an overnight spa package. The spa was great, no complaints at all. Our meal was booked for 8pm, from previous experience you can choose which restaurant you want to eat in but turns out we never had the choice. We were seated only to be given a set menu which did not have a lot of choice. Our drinks and food order were taken and from then on the service was absolutely awful. A few ordered soup and when it arrived it was frozen, we had waited that long they ate it anyway. Our main course then took about 45 minutes to come and was not the warmest either, meanwhile our starter plates sat in front of us until the main arrived. Complaints were made and the manager said the chef doesn't let us take anymore plates into the kitchen until other meals are away, I mean that is just ridiculous. Sitting with dirty plates in front of you for 45 mins while the waitresses/waiters were standing doing nothing! It ended up taking 2 and a half hours to eat a 3 course meal, with several complaints in between. Ended up we got a free cocktail, a bowl of popcorn and soggy taco shells. At least 2 other tables were complaining as well. There seemed to be enough staff on the floor, I think the problem is the kitchen but it ruined most of our night, A real let down as been here before and recommended it.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Karen D
Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

We were looking forward to visit.but not really great.Ordered for ice it came in glass.visited upstair restaurant. service was great staff were really kind and polite thought come back in dinner, but dinner was not up to the standard .

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank gilles777
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Me, my sister, my mum and my aunt enjoyed a spa day and overnight in the hotel, could not fault it, the staff were very friendly, very attentive, very warm and welcoming, the views were absolutely stunning.
Would definitely recommend this to others as the service we received was top notch

Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for the 5th time for a couple nights, 2 adults & 2 kids. Great stay as usual, couldn't fault any of the staff. Used pool twice while there and again no complaints. Food in the Bar/Grill wasn't as good as previous visit but still good with reasonable choice, specials each day and good choice on kids menu. Room we were in could be done with a spruce up but that shouldn't put anyone off staying here. Every chance we will be back within the next year for another stay.

Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

My husband booked this hotel as a last minute birthday treat for myself - so glad he did! Could not find fault in anything. Our room was ready when we arrived slightly earlier than planned; gorgeous, clean and spacious and bottle of wine in room. Went downstairs to health suite and relaxed in pool and jacuzzi then went for dinner in the upstairs restaurant. Not much I can say about that but WOW!! Food delicious, cooked to perfection and staff so friendly. Unfortunately the fire alarm went off and we all had to evacuate but staff so efficient and even went round giving everyone foil blankets to keep warm (as it was about 9pm). Never had this at any other hotels when fire alarm went off at 2am in the winter, and even received an apology letter from manager through door next morning.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone thinking about visiting and can't wait to go again myself!!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cumbernauld
Castlecary House Hotel
#3 of 3 in Cumbernauld
City Centre
Blythswood Square
Blythswood Square
#12 of 93 in Glasgow

Been to The Westerwood Hotel & Golf Resort - A QHotel? Share your experiences!