“daughters engagement party”

The Westerwood Hotel & Golf Resort - A QHotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Cumbernauld
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Once again the westerwood came up trumps looked after everything fantastic staff and food excellent and Jordan was a star as was the rest of his staff no complaints great night had by all would have no hesitation in recommending the westerwood for a function roll on the new year bash can't believe some of these comments

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for The Westerwood Hotel & Golf Resort - A QHotel

Reviewed 1 June 2014

We stayed here recently and had a great time. From the outside it doesn't look anything special, just a standard business hotel but inside it is a different story. All the staff were so friendly and helpful and the food and the attentive service in the Flemings Restaurant was fantastic! The food was up there with some of the best restaurants we've eaten in. The leisure facilities were modern and spotlessly clean and the room was very nice. Overall it was a lovely surprise and fantastic value for money. We'll definitely be back!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Paul B, General Manager at The Westerwood Hotel & Golf Resort - A QHotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear Christine R,

Thank you for taking the time to write your fantastic review.

It is great to hear that Flemings is being well received. We took the decision to re-launch Flemings this year and so far the feedback has been excellent.

Please do keep an eye on our website for any special promotions or even consider joining our Breakaway Club to avail of some exclusive discounts. All details are on the QHotels website.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon

Reviewed 1 June 2014

We stayed at the hotel for one night as an overnight stop attracted by the hotels location and facilities. The hotel itself is modern, airy and well presented. We used the pool and Jacuzzi which although clean were a little disappointing for spa facilities. The pool is relatively small and shallow, more suited for children than adults.

The staff were approachable and friendly. The room was clean, quite and comfortable.

We dined on an inclusive package and were disappointed by the quality of the food. We ate at the Grill restaurant which had a pub atmosphere due to the location of the bar. The food itself was bland and poorly cooked. The vegetables were dry and seemed microwaved. The salmon had been drown in oil, as had the garnish.

A hotel we will not be returning to mainly due to poor food and disappointing facilities.

Room Tip: Book well in advance for a good room and a good rate if you choose to stay at this hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Rachel_David_2012,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

It's dissapointing to read your comments re the food in the Grill. Although the Grill offers less formal dining we do still pride ourselves of delivering quality which has obviously not been the case on this occassion - if we do have the opportunity to welcome you back then maybe Flemings is the better fit for your tastes.

I'm REALLY surprised by your comments re our pool as it is HUGE. The shallow part you are referring to is indeed for children but there is another pool right beside it that has plenty of space for people to relax in.

Please do consider us for a future stay and please contact me directly as I will personally ensure that every detail is taken care of for you.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

I had this hotel recommended by colleagues who had stayed here before and raved about how nice it was, but to be honest, I was disappointed. It's an unattractive building which looks like a 80s holiday inn and some of the décor internally had that type f feel too it. The corridors are jaded and need a refresh. Our room was pleasant enough and the bathroom was good with a big shower but no air con and even though it was a chilly May weekend our room was stiflingly hot at all times, especially at night. I'd hate to see what it's like in the summer. our TV system didn't work and we asked for someone to come and take a look at it at 8pm. We chased at 9.30pm and they turned up at 10pm, which meant it was then too late to watch the film we wanted to watch. The staff were OK, one girl in the bar was exceptionally friendly but she really was a one off, everyone else was pretty disinterested. On the plus side, it was very clean, the food was good and the pool is nice too. It just didn't deliver the 4 star experience that we expected.

Room Tip: ask if you can have one with air con!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear GillHNewcastle,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

GillHNewcastle, you have raised some great points to allow me to follow up on. The heating should be able to be controlled in your room and it's dissapointing to hear of your experience re the TV Channels - I assure that this will be looked into.

Thank you for highlighting the member of the bar team that looked after you, our team are a great assett to the hotel and regularly receive some fantastic feedback.

Please do keep us in mind for a future stay, we would love the opportunity to change our 3 star rating into 5 stars

Reviewed 27 May 2014

As you are suppose to check in at 3 oclock we didnt get into our room till 20mins past 4 ! And they had no reason for this problem. We got up to our room and the cleaner was still in the room ! Was really annoying as we went down and used the swimming and sauna and left for 3oclock to get into our room ! The bar and grill menu wasnt to gd ! Never had alot to pick from !

• Stayed: May 2014

Dear Kirstysmith1990,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review and thank you for choosing to stay at The Westerwood Hotel & Golf Resort.

I'm sorry to hear of your issues at check-in, there has been 1 weekend recently where we were affected by a significant amount of sickness which prevented rooms being turned around in time, this however should be handled and communicated to inform guests of any potential delays.

I'm a little surprised by your comments re the choice in the Grill as we feel that there is plenty to choose from and often get great feedback regarding this from our corporate guests that stay with us over 3-4 nights midweek. FYI for any future visit, we also have Flemings restaurant to choose from.

Please keep an eye out for any special offers via the QHotels website and I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon

Reviewed 26 May 2014

I have been using the facilities of the leisure Club at this hotel over the past month and I am in two minds about it, Its a nice place but I found the changing area for females akward at times with two little ones, I used the disabled shower room when possible and found the floor perilously slippy on the way into the pool. Overall I enjoyed the pass but felt I would not want a fulltime membership mainly due to little things, I noticed chewing gum stuck on the side of the pool that remained there for two days, missing tiles which injured my daughters knees on the bottom of the pool, Kirby grips that remained in the pool for a couple of days, cleanliness I guess was an issue. I also had a little annoyance toward a certain staff member who seems to have that kind of talk down to you attitude which I 'absorbed' really to save awkwardness over the month. ( I didn't have a pound coin on me for the disposit for a towel and was told "It is required for your future reference" The tone used I thought that was a little snippy and not really necessary, of course on the next visit I had change ready and another member of staff who never took a deposit. I feel the guy might just have been in a bad mood? I was a member a few years back and I felt it was better then, it just seems to have been rearranged a aged a bit, Regardless of cleaning the pool side seems tired to me.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Claire M
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Stayed here for a business event which I was involved with organising. The team helped me out with moving this event at short notice due to another venue letting us down. They really couldn't have been more helpful in the lead up to the event, and on the day itself.

This is the second time I have visited this hotel and both times I have been really impressed with the standard - spacious, clean, comfortable bedrooms, tasty food served promptly, and the service from all the staff has been second to none.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear JMG-EventOrganiser,

Thank you for taking teh time to write your great review.

It's really pleasing to hear that the events team have looked after you so well and that the operational team have delivered for you too.

Please keep us in mind for any furture requirements and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel very soon

Paul Bray

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cumbernauld
Castlecary House Hotel
#3 of 3 in Cumbernauld
City Centre
Blythswood Square
Blythswood Square
#13 of 93 in Glasgow

Been to The Westerwood Hotel & Golf Resort - A QHotel? Share your experiences!