The Westerwood Hotel & Golf Resort - A QHotel
US$106
Orbitz.com
Travelodge Glasgow Cumbernauld(Cumbernauld)(Great Value!)
Orbitz.com
Azalea House B&B(Cumbernauld)
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
1,970 results
All reviewsthe grillspa treatmentsleisure facilitiesrelaxation roomafternoon teachanging roomsq hotelsflemings restaurantsteam roomspa arearobes and slippersgreat spalovely hotelmy mumsuperior roombuffet stylefirst class
Reviewed 21 June 2014

I was here recently for a planned event. Very disappointed, the place was cold, lacked atmosphere and was sterile. The bar prices were absolutely ridiculous especially the wine. The food lacked taste. I hope never to return.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Paul B, Manager at The Westerwood Hotel & Golf Resort - A QHotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Dear weescorps,

Thank you for write your constructive and fully appreciated feedback on the hotel.

I wish to ask you to contact Allan Wilson the Operations Manager, who would like to discuss further your feedback. I would liek to think following that conversation that you are reassured, where you can give us the opportunity to make right your impression of the hotel with its ambience and service.

Please email Allan on AWilson@qhotels.co.uk or call on 01236 457171 as he very much looks forward to your valued feedback.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

I had an amazing overnight spa night here for my hen, just what I need. Food was really good and a reasonable price. Was a really good package deal. The massage was very good too. Totally relaxed stay just what we needed. Staff couldn't have been more helpful!!! Will definitely be back

• Stayed: May 2014

Dear Vikkib14,

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback on The Westerwood Hotel.

It is lovely to see such feedback to which I know the team regularly look at themselves and discuss within the hotel.

We are glad you enjoyed our lovely Spa journey and the restaurants offering, and I hope all the Hen group was the same.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future, and please check QHotels website for lots of exciting deals and offers to entice you back soon.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Start with the positives-

Views, golf course, ambience of bars/ restaurants are all very good and worthy of the 4* they have.

Bad bits-

Prices- well over priced, bottle of bulmers £5, burger and a very small basket of chips £11 add £1.50 if you want cheese and garlic bread £4 for two thin slithers of bread with a garnish.
Rooms- not very modern or overly impressive, I'm sure management will comment on the refurb programme etc but ultimately after two visits I appear to get the 12 year old rooms.

Summary-

They have the market in this area and subsequently overcharge, with a seemingly good golf course, spa, views and a facility to churn out weddings you can't escape that extra 20% they charge more than any other 4*. It is a shame because I feel they could make even more of what they had if they didn't try to rob people.

Just for reference i have a company that pays for my stays and meals so for me to think this is telling you something!

Room Tip: Ask for a new one
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear foshUK,

Thank you kindly for taking the time to write your feedback of The Westerwood Hotel.

I am somewhat disappointed to see your feedback of the bedrooms, and also of the food and beverage offering. We are currently looking to change our Bar & Grill menu to give more variety in choice and price between our two restaurants, thus giving our valued guests the different dining option of Flemings compared to the new Grill offering. We have undergone a refurbishment in the 13 rooms as you mentioned rightly, and all rooms now are in a preventative maintenance plan and refresh which is currently ongoing within the team.

I would like to thank you for your kind feedback in regard to the ambience and restaurants, to which we are proud of.

Please contact Allan Wilson who is our Operations Manager on his email AWilson@qhotels.co.uk who will like to personally welcome you on your next stay and ensure you are looked after accordingly.

Allan

Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

Came for a motibility course and had tea at the Club bar and grill. Got served and looked after by Shirley and she was fantastic! Helped us with all our needs. Not only professional but so friendly! Explaining parts on the menu and making sure we were constantly okay! She also explained where everywhere was in the hotel from breakfast to the course! She really is a asset to the team! Looking forward to the rest of my stay!

• Stayed: June 2014
Paul B, General Manager at The Westerwood Hotel & Golf Resort - A QHotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Dear Kirstz95,

Thank you for taking the time to write your fab review, we are delighted that you enjoyed your time with us.

Shirley is a wee superstar up in the Grill and we are priviallaged to have her as part of our team. Such a genuine, lovely person who is a credit to our industry. I'm really pleased that she has made a difference to you during your time with us.

Please do keep an eye out for any future offers via QHotels website

We look forward to welcoming you back

Sincerely

Paul Bray

Reviewed 17 June 2014

My friend and I spent the day in the spa and pool area which was lovely and relaxing. We then met our husbands later for dinner in the Bar & Grill. The food was delicious, even although the 4 of us had burger and chips. The food was presented lovely on a slate and a wee tin bucket. The waitress Laura was lovely, couldnt have looked after us any better. She was very friendly cheery and helpful. It is a lovely outlook from the Bar & Grill too. All in all a lovely day out.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Thompsonkaz,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review and thank you for choosing to stay at The Westerwood Hotel.

It's great to read that you enjoyed your time with us and please rest assured that we will pass on your positive comments to the team. Laura is another wee superstar that we are lucky to have with us here at The Westerwood. I'm really pleased for Laura that you have mentioned her as making a difference for you.

Please do keep us in mind for any future requirements and we look forward to welcoming you and your friends back to the hotel soon

Sincerely