My friends and i visited her for a one night spa break. on arrival at 11am we were advised that check in wasnt till 3pm which we knew.
the friendly receptionist offered to call the cleaners to let them know we were here, she then took our luggae and directed us to the spa reception.
you do have to go through the bar/grill to get to the lesiure area which isnt the norm but i thought it was quite quirky this certainly was not a bother from some of the reviews you would think it was half a mile up a steep hill.
we accidentally did go through to the golf reception, there was an older man there who i felt was quite grumpy when we said we were looking for the spa reception. Nevertheless he directed us to the right place.
the young man on the spa reception desk was lovely. after signing in he carried our towels through to the waiting area. While we were filling out our spa treatment forms he went away to get our slippers and robes. Once we were finished he explained where to go for the changing areas/ pool and treatments.
All the leisure facilities were very clean and in working order however i was disappointed that only one of the ceramic loungers seemed to be working.
The water in the spa was really hot which was perfect for me.
We then decided to go up to the bar/grill for our light lunch. Both my friends got the chicked bento box and i got the vegetarian one. it was absolutely delicious. It came piping hot and the sauce on my vegetables were just delicious. the salad was all fresh and had a really nice vinegerette with it. the bento box also included fresh melon and a lovely raspberry mousse.
We were very impressed with lunch.
By the time we finished lunch we went to reception and our room was ready. we had a triple on the ground floor. the room was huge and so clean. it was very peaceful and the beds were very very comfortable.
Next we went to get our treatments. Between us we got facials, head neck and shoulder massage. The relaxation room was fab and made you feel so chilled before and after the treatments. the girls in the spa were really good and so friendly. you didnt feel rushed at all. the treatment rooms were so peaceful and the beds were so cosy with a lovely thick duvet on them and the espa products were amazing.
Honestly could not fault anything.
After treatments we relaxed in our room till it was time to get ready for dinner.
We had dinner in the Flemings restaurant. We were greeted at the door by a very friendly young waiter. he explained that there we had a menu from the bar/grill and a restaurant menu as the bar/grill was closed that evening.
We were given bread before our starters arrived which was so fresh and soft. for starter we got soup (think it was carrot, coconut and chilli) and the garlic and tarragon mushrooms with soda bread and a beetroot puree. My friend said the soup was the best she had ever tasted.
The mushroom started was also amazing. The beetroot puree was so nice and not something i would normally go for.
for main course we got chicken risotto and a beef burger(which was off the gill menu). the burger was huge and very tasty.
Both friends said the chicken risotto was also very tasty and very filling.
we all had room for dessert though.
we had souffle with banana ice cream and the chocolate tart. Again it an all round thumbs up. The banana ice cream has to be recommended. The waitress said that the chef has made her banana milkshake with it before...only wished this was an option i deffo wouldve ordered it.
The next morning at breakfast we were surprised to see some of the same staff and again they could not have been more friendly.
The croissants were huge and just how i like them crispy ont he outside soft on the inside.
There was a buffet of cereal, juice, bakery items, and hot food which you could help yourself to. I ordered a mushroom omelette and veggie sausage to go with hash browns, beans and toast
i was so suprised when i a huge omelette and 3 veggie sausages came my way.
All were hot and fresh but i can eat a lot but three veggie sausages was too much. they were very tasty though so i asked the girl if i was able to take them home as i didnt want them to go to waste. she said it was no problem and was glad i enjoyed them.
Its been a few days since weve been back now and in all this review i have never mentioned that the fire alarm went off at 4.30am during our stay. It was a false alarm we got out to wards the reception and a member staff told us it was okay and we could go back to our rooms.
Even though this happened the rest of the stay was so good it really was not a big deal.
All the staff we had dealings with apart from the golf receptionist were so friendly and nothing was too much for them. I think just a wee refresher around the leisure facilities such as the ceramic beds not working and the shower thats beside the sauna lights have gone out could do with a refresher.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westerwood Hotel and Golf Resort is a Glasgow hotel not to be missed. The contemporary hotel is ideally located minutes from the M80, only a short drive from Glasgow, in fact, it is just a mere 15 minutes in the car. The Westerwood Hotel and Golf Resort is home to 148 comfortable bedrooms which will guarantee you a great nights sleep. For more relaxation head to the leisure club where you can swim in the pool, relax in the Jacuzzi or for the more energetic, you can work out in their superb leisure club. If you prefer the fresh air, you'll be pleased to hear the hotel has an 18 hole Championship golf course. There are some simply stunning views over the Campsie Hills. It’s self-contained conference centre can hold up to 400 delegates for a conference and up to 300 for a glittering dinner dance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your The Westerwood Hotel & Golf Resort - A QHotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westerwood Hotel & Golf Resort - a q Cumbernauld
- The Westerwood Hotel And Golf Resort - a Qhotel
- Westerwood Hotel Cumbernauld
- Hotel Westerwood
- The Westerwood Hotel & Golf Resort - A QHotel Cumbernauld, Scotland