“Brilliant girls day out!”

The Westerwood Hotel & Golf Resort - A QHotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Cumbernauld
“Brilliant girls day out!”
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

Myself and 4 others visited the westerwood hotel for a spa day which we got for cheap on itison.com £35 reduced from £75. It included 2 treatments, a pastry and drink and unlimited access to spa facilities including sauna, jacuzzi and pool.
Brilliant day from start to finish, our 2 treatments each (massage and pedicure for me) were wonderful and all staff were very attentive and professional. Our lunch (not included) was lovely couldn't fault it and were very big portions. Kitchen staff also went out their way to make sure we were happy by letting us still order from the 2 course for £10.95 range which was supposed to only be between 12 and 2pm when we arrived for lunch it was at half past 2. Nothing was a bother for them. Would highly recommend and will definitely be booking up for another spa day soon.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Sara G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (360)
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed overnight and had spa treatments the next day. The spa treatments were excellent - very relaxing and we were provided with a bath robe and flipflops that we were allowed to keep.
The room we stayed in was very clean and had plenty of space. We were there with two others and were given rooms directly across from each other which was very convenient.
The buffet breakfast was fantastic - a large selection to choose from. Dinner and lunch were also fantastic! Great variety of dishes to choose from - I was able to order something I'd never tried before or seen anywhere else.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
North Berwick, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a night whilst walking the john muir way. Hotel accommodation and facilities very good but our visit was really made by the friendliness and helpfulness of all the staff. Can really recommend the taster menu, it was completely delicious.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank bellegroveNB
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 August 2014

The staff are fantastic. Christina Shanks looked after me in the upstairs Grill restaurant and her service was perfect. I stay in a lot of Hotels, have travelled the worlds Hotels as BA Cabin Crew and have trained in Hotel management and anyone who says the UK's customer service is lagging behind the rest of the world have not stayed at Westerwood.
And I still have another night to go! I can't wait! Thanks to all the hard working staff.

• Stayed August 2014
Falkirk, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

I visited this hotel for a spa day with some friends. The staff were very welcoming and friendly at all areas we visited within the hotel (reception,spa,restaurant)
The spa experience was very relaxing and one of the best massages I have had. We used the pool facilities which were very clean then went on to have lunch which was delicious!
I will definitely be returning. We had a fantastic day.

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank cream-mini
Coalburn, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 August 2014

I was here for a day with my company, we had a conference room booked, I have to say that Jordan Charles the conference manager was absolutely fantastic, he made sure we had everything we needed and was very consistent throughout the day, beautiful place and made to feel really welcome.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
scotland
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Just attended my daughters hen party( girls night in) that took a lot of planning (25) attending .
Bride to be allocated a suite this was lovely and she was over the moon .
However this was the good point . Lots of information was given in advance by e-mail to the hotel and we had been told our party would be altogether, but we were all over the hotel ( it ended up ok though) but took time trying to sort it out. Spa was great we all enjoyed our treatments and had great fun , though chilling out area does not have enough seats!!!!! Pool area was ok again not enough seats off a hotel this size.
Our party was booked for cocktails @ seven two to be precise ( well we only never got two only one) !!!!! Meal was booked for 8.00 but we never got in to the restaurant till around 8.30 terrible slow service waited one hour between starter and main and my party complaining food cold as it most certainly was . A few other different functions we're on at the hotel at same time and I feel they were under staffed or over booked.
In all had to speak with the duty manager who offered us another drink even this took a long time to arrive by this time it was 10.45 and we still never even had desert so we asked for it to be served upstairs in the room provided for party, very let down as this was not a relaxing hen night due to all the mishaps . The duty manager never even came back to see if our party was ok and we were left with the dirty dishes that we had to gather up all night poor show!!!
In the morning the front desk manager who I asked to speak with away from reception as not to embarrass the staff and other guests was very professional and was quick to apologise to my daughter and myself for all the short comings and offered her and her future husband another spa day and I thought that he was taking on board our disappointment .
On a positive note we were maybe just unlucky , the hotel is impressive the staff were very nice and the restaurant staff were very apologetic and I am sure it was not their fault. Value for money it is fantastic could not fault the price paid. And the grounds around the hotel very nice. My advice would be you would be better keeping your party to the size were you all fit into the suite as it's lovely and very private.

Room Tip: We were on level 2 and it was very quiet.