“The Night Before Christmas”

Cumbernauld Theatre
Ranked #5 of 11 things to do in Cumbernauld
More attraction details
Owner description: Thousands of people come to Cumbernauld Theatre each year to see wonderful shows, to enjoy a great night out, to celebrate, to join in, to be entertained, to discuss (and occasionally to enjoy a good argument!), to share a night with friends, to enjoy a good conversation, to be part of your community. Our Theatre rightly has a national reputation for excellence and innovation matched with a commitment to our community. Right now, we’re starting the process of building a partnership of consensus to establish Cumbernauld Theatre as the premiere central belt theatre in Scotland.
Reviewed 10 December 2012

I should say initially I am not a fan of the pantomime. At pantomime at a local theatre is usually worse, at least the big theatres may attract a "d" list star. However, I have an eight year old son who wanted to go and it is Christmas so I stumped up the money and went.

And I am so glad I did. This was a fantastic evening and a great production. Basically 5 young people, (early 20's at best), three girls and two boys , take you through 10 fairy tales on the Night before Christmas, and they make a fantastic job of it. You will laugh, you will cry, you will even be a bit scared but whatever the emotion this is worth a visit. I am thinking of going back!

There are newer reviews for Cumbernauld Theatre

Reviewed 1 November 2012

I stopped at the Cumbernauld Theatre on a tour of Europe to see The Noizy Indie Social Club put on a show with some amazing Scottish bands. The theatre itself has a very nostalgic feel and presented an incredible atmosphere for a multiple band show. The staff was more than welcoming and made my experience something I will never forget. If I ever make it to the area again I would love to checkout some of the other entertainment they have to offer at this wonderful theatre.

Reviewed 26 October 2012

have visited CUIMBERNAULD THEATRE MANY TIMES it has a wide range of types of performances because it is a small theatre you have a close friendly experiance wiyh the audience

Reviewed 9 October 2012

Took my 82nd year old mum to the theatre on Saturday 6th October to see Frank Holden also known as Frank Sinatra. I was pleasently surprised. firstly that i knew all the songs, and secondly that he had a 5 piece band with him. I just love a live saxaphone. i thought it would be a guy singing with backing music I could not have been more wrong. Frank was very good and did not try to be Frank S, but he put his on slant on the music. My mum throughly enjoyed her night. and I look forward to the pantomine on christmas eve. Booking tickets was not easy by phone as there was no one there even at the times advertised, and on line was not much better as you could not choose your own seats only had the allocated. over all a very good night.