“Fantastic Hotel”

Castlecary House Hotel
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Cumbernauld
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I stayed here with my two young children. After a very long car journey it was exactly what we needed. The room was excellent plenty of room comfy beds and spotlessly clean.
The tea coffee and biscuits were a lovely touch as you don't seem to get that any more.
Staff were super! Very helpful and extremely friendly from the time of booking (on the phone) to checking out.
Food was really tasty and very filling.
I couldn't fault this hotel.
Excellent value for money, we will definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed: April 2014
BHtlGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Castlecary House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

We pride ourselves on excellent service and particularly enjoy spoiling our 'future guests'. I am pleased you and your young ones enjoyed your stay and thank you for your commendation of all that we offer.
Kind regards,
Jon

Reviewed 12 April 2014

My wife and I are regular patrons of this hotel as its close to where we live. We have never stayed in the hotel but have eaten here regularly both in the poachers and in Camerons restaurant .The food recently has improved after a period of going downhill. The main problem is the repetitiveness of the menu. Steak pie, haddock, pork cutlets and a couple of veggie options and that's about it. One night they had a special beef dish that was delicious, but that seems to have disappeared from the menu. Please guys; for heavens sake vary the menu otherwise what's the point of your regular punters coming. How about a homemade beef or chicken curry once in a while or even a lasagne. While you're at it, get the chef to go and speak to the owner at the Allan café in Bridge of Allan and ask him where he buys his fish from. They are twice the size of your piddlers. On a better note, the staff are , as always , very nice and friendly and the beer is good. I do like this hotel but it could be so much better with a little thought and effort.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Bigwillcumbernauld

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent meal with us at Castlecary.
It is with great disappointment that I read your review of your thoughts on our menu selection but at the same time thank you for your feedback as although we receive many positive feedbacks from the Tripadvisor community and other means, it is very important to find out any aspects that we may have to look into improving.
We have launched a new seasonal menu in both Cameron's Restaurant as well as Poachers, with additional daily specials and early dining options, we strive to make sure that this is as varied as possible and can confirm that we have curry and lasagne now featuring on our food offering. I hope that you will return and try the new menus if you haven't already.
Kind regards,
Jon.

Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

I stayed here when on a business trip away. Provided all that I needed, lovely and plentiful breakfast and was clean - nice big bed! Would stay again for business or pleasure.

Loved as well that the receptionist on my first morning asked if I was wrapped up well enough as it was forecast snow. How many reception staff have you experienced thoughtful enough to ask that?! Lovely lovely people :)

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Stayed here recently on a business trip with work, and it is a small I presume family business. The reception staff were very helpful and friendly. I was in a modern room, which was clean and immaculately presented. The only down side is that as I am female, I feel very uncomfortable sitting in a restaurant on my own in the evening, and prefer to get room service. The hotel doesnt offer this service, however the staff stated that if I ordered food, they would phone my room when it was ready and they would put it on a tray and I could collect it at reception and take it to my room. Whilst this wasnt ideal, the hotel did make an effort to accommodate my request partially. The hotel should look at offering room service, I would be more than willing to pay up to a £5 tray charge for this service. The food was very good though too! The only other criticism is that you need to actually come outside the hotel and go to the lounge bar at the side of the hotel for breakfast in the morning, which isnt ideal it the weather is bad. Apart from these two points, the hotel is very comfortable and I would recommend it

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank ModGirl1965
Reviewed 1 April 2014

We attended a tribute night in the hotel restaurant and from the moment we arrived in the bar through to the meal and the entertainment the staff could not have been better. Nothing was too much trouble and service was speedy and efficient. For a 'set' meal deal (£25 per person including the entertainment) the was a very good choice, portions were just right and the meal was very good.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 March 2014

We have just returned from a itison deal to castlecary, from the moment that we arrived the staff were first class. We had a problem with our room ( other guests ) but the night staff ( Steve )moved us straight away, both rooms were lovely and the food was Fantastic, The Staff were always friendly and helpful and made our stay worthwhile, we will certainly return and would recommend to our friends and family. Special thanks to Donna and Michelle for there great service.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 March 2014

We had a lovely overnight stay. Our room was clean and comfortable. The dinner was excellent with lots of choice on the menu. We also enjoyed the tribute singer. A substantial and tasty breakfast rounded up a great experience. All staff were courteous and helpful

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cumbernauld
The Westerwood Hotel & Golf Resort - A QHotel
The Coachman Hotel & Restaurant
Best Western Garfield House Hotel
Best Western Park Hotel
Travelodge Stirling M80
Travelodge Stirling M80
#3 of 3 in Bannockburn
Holiday Inn Express Stirling

Been to Castlecary House Hotel? Share your experiences!