“Good Lunch Spot If You're Looking For A Great View & Good”
Review of Azul

Azul
Ranked #5 of 30 Restaurants in Ojochal
Price range: US$15 - US$25
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: View
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Azul Mediterranean Restaurant & Bar, located in the El Castillo Hotel, offers an elegant setting with legendary ocean views and the most extensive fine wine selection in the area. Our on-site chef prepares dishes with the finest and freshest local ingredients. All are welcome - stop in for drinks or a memorable dining experience. Lunch at your leisure with delicious wraps, salads, and our popular fresh catch fish tacos. Wraps and tacos are served with a salad or hand-cut French fries. Azul transforms for your evening dining experience as you enjoy an incredible sunset. Popular starters include hummus served with our house made pita bread and calamari served with our house made tartar sauce. As a second course, our tomato basil soup or seafood soup complement meals. Entrées include souvlakis with our addictive tzatziki sauce, homemade pasta, grilled fish, and our mariscada Mediterranea, which is a fresh seafood platter, including mussels, clams, calamari, and shrimp. Many diners anticipate our entrée specials and delectable desserts.
Reviewed 9 April 2014

First thing that strikes you when you walk into the restaurant is the amazing view of the Pacific. So sit down, order a beverage from the very friendly staff and start with many of the great appetizers this restaurant has on its lunch menu. For us, it has always been the humus and pita. However, during our recent visit, the calamari looked amazing. For the main course, we had the Greek wraps with some amazing hand cut fries. We have never had dinner at Azul but looking at the menu, the variety of selections offered would no doubt please any palette. The restaurant is easy to get to (right off the main coastal highway just south of the main entrance into Ochojal) and well worth a repeat visit even it is for drinks to watch the amazing sunsets. And oh yes, very nice boutique hotel which the restaurant is part of. P.S. Ask for the Scott (part owner). He'll look after you in the best fashion someone from Oklahoma City would!!

1  Thank MarthaFaye

Reviewed 9 March 2014

Azul Restaurant in Hotel El Castillo provided delicious and healthy meals for our wedding party of 50 people this past week-end.The food and service are top notch. Russell prepared the most yummy pizza for our rehearsal dinner...my personal fave is the barbecue chicken. The wedding dinner was over the top...customized for the bride and groom...Filet mignon with shrimp, curry chicken, Mahi Mahi, carrot and potato mash, fresh local veggies and an amazing and decadent desert bar! Even the breakfasts are incredible with fresh fruit and yogurt... great gallo pinto,burritos and omelets. And you get to enjoy it all with one of the best views in Costa Rica!

Reviewed 8 March 2014

Moderately priced with a choice of 2, 3 or 4 courses. Excellent quality and upscale ambiance. Great service

Reviewed 5 March 2014

I just spent the last week with Russell and Scott and their amazing staff at El Castillo. I enjoyed delicious food at Azul throughout that week and would recommend this restaurant and hotel to anyone traveling to Ojochal! The homemade pizza is to die for, and I was amazed at how fresh and flavorful all of their ingredients were! I also enjoyed their homemade pasta, and their wraps and salads. Their breakfast burritos and french toast were very tasty, and we enjoyed the fresh fruit and yogurt every morning. Not to mention, margaritas and pina coladas at the bar were perfection! During my stay at Castillo, I felt as though I was not just a guest here, but I was treated as a friend or family member! There was never hesitation when I asked the staff for help, needed a refill of a drink (or a new Imperial), and best yet, they knew me by first name and made me and friends feel like we were at home! I will never forget my stay at El Castillo!! Thank you Russell, Scott, David, Jose, and all the staff at Castillo and Azul!

Reviewed 1 March 2014

Russell and his staff provide Great service and exceptional tasty dishes. We ate here on our first night in Costa Rica.and it was relaxing and delicious. Ojachal area has many great restaurants to choose from, this was one of the best! Be sure to call ahead and reserve at most restaurants, or you may miss out.