“Nice retreat”

Tiara Chateau Hotel Mont Royal Chantilly
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Nice retreat”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2012

Stayed at Mont Royal before flying home from Charles De Gaulle. Very nice hotel in the beautifal forests around the Chantilly, Northern Paris area. The rooms are beautifally decorated and the views stunning. The staff are friendly and helpful from check in through to check out. The only issue we had was that the main restaurant L`Opera had been closed for a function and we were promised a table in the bar by reception staff at check in. On arriving we were told it was full and we would have to wait. In the end it was only 25 minutes so no big deal. The food was very good, fresh and cooked well. The wine list was extensive and of a high quality. Overall a very nice end to our holiday.

Room Tip: Try and get a room with a balcony. Breakfast with those views was sublime.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2012

We visited for my husband's 30th birthday and were upgraded to the (very large) Royal Suite!The entire hotel (especially the rooms) is decorated in beautiful French style and our room had a balcony across the back corner of the hotel with breathtaking views of the forest. Every detail has been attended to, the furniture in the halls, the doorhandles and the flower arrangements. It is luxurious & elegant without being pretentious. The room facilities were great: ipod dock, TV, minibar selection,dressing gowns, toiletries and a walk in wardrobe & room safe.
The nearby chateau of Chantilly makes for an excellent day trip but you will find you want to stay in the luxury of your room and lose yourself staring into the distant forest. The view really has to be seen to be believed.
The grounds of the chateau itself allow a brief exploration of the forest which is very pretty and the more adventurous can access the actual forest a few metres down the road. The food was also incredible. At my request, the waiter created a birthday cocktail for my husband before dinner and ensured we had a wonderful intimate meal. Breakfast, served in the incredible white dining room is also delicious with a great range on offer (the tomates provencale were fantastic!)
This hotel isn't a cheap getaway but it is worth everything and rest assured that when you visit you will only get the best from this hotel. We didn't make the most of the swimming pool and other facilities as it was such a short stay but the hotel and it surroundings are truly unforgettable & we can't wait for an excuse to go back! Thank you to all the staff for making our visit so enjoyable.

Room Tip: We stayed in the historic part of the Chateau but the forest can be seen from all around!
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AG1and2
Kansas City, MO
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2012

We stayed here our last night in Paris so that we would be close to CDG airport. It is just beautiful. Just as the pictures show. The pool was amazing. I was so exxcited to get in the hot tub, however it was just a couple degrees warmer than the pool. I like it HOT. I had read the previous reviews that food here was pricey, however we were tired of traveling & didnt want to get another cab to the city to eat so we went to eat in the bar. My husband had a $29 Euro Cheesburger with some fries & I had a $14 Euro bowl of Onion Soup. He had a beer & I had a spirit & our total was $60 Euros. I wasnt even full. Spa prices seemed to be normal. When booking on the hotel's website, it gave me the option at the end to upgrade if they have rooms available at check in, so I opted to gamble the $25 euros. At check in they told me I was upgraded to the historical part of the castle. Don't get me wrong, we loved the room. However the origional, less expensive room had a sofa & looked nicer, since it was a new room & not in the historical part. I would have prefered the nrewer room. I did take a bath & enjoyed the large tub. I was suprised that they had very hot water, alot of Europe doesnt.

Room Tip: Go with the 2nd level room.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank SMFS
Tiptree, Essex
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2012

We stayed at the lovely Chateau 40 minutes outside of Paris as part of a conference over 3 days. It was during an especially cold period with frost/snow outside but the hotel was very comfortable. The hotel pictures do not lie - it is a lovely Chateau and is in excellent condition with obviously a lot of money spent internally.

The food seems very pricey and I would question why - the quality is excellent for the food but it is not a Micheln Star Restaurant I am paying for; and the drinks a Heinekin beer or Bordeaux red wine should not be 3 times the usual average. Again it is not a 5* hotel in Central Paris or London but it is pricing itself to be equivalent.

The service is excellent and I would challenge anybody to find fault with all of the staff within the hotel. Very friendly but courteous.

I am sure there are lots of different types of rooms and we were in a "standard" room. Unfortunately shower only - no bath - which was disappointing as my wife does like a bath! The rooms are a good size although no place in our room for my wife to do hair\ put on make up etc outside of the bathroom which seems a basic error.
The beds were very firm but we found them OK.
I also agree that the area we were in was not as soundproof perhaps as it could be, and you can hear when someone closes a door in the hallway but that can be the case in many hotels.
The gym is very small (an exercise bike, a running treadmill and a weight machine) although plenty of TVs to help distraction; the pool was pleasant.

If I was paying would I come here? Overall, I would prefer to stay around Versailles or closer to Paris if I was here for a holiday of a few days; but for a conference this hotel works well and during Summer I am sure it comes more into its own.

Room Tip: Ask for a bath in the room.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank AndyBee
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2012

I have stayed at the Chateau Hotel Mont Royal on several occasions and the experience is bucket list worthy. The hotel is first rate and the restaurant is a culinary masterpiece. Short drive from central Paris, I highly recommend a weekend stay for two. I've also organized a two day business retreat there and it's ideal for creative planning sessions.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sbroumand_Nomad
Paris, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2012

Having visited Mont Royal Chantilly a few times...going back with our young daughter this time was different....and we had again a great and relaxing time. The staff make it very easy to be with your child and your dog..everything was setup in our room and the staff was beyond accommodating!!. I highly advise those wishing to get out of Paris or visit more than just Paris to come here to unwind with or without your family. The food at the restaurant is excellent as the dishes are unique and the service impeccable. Every time we come we promise to visit Chantilly but we can never leave this property as it so easy to just relax...and who wants to leave when you're catching up on rest...

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank speakupnw
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2012

In reading good reviews I decided to try this lovely Chateau in Paris after travelling 6 days in Paris central. My husband and I wanted to get a relaxing last couple of days prior to leaving. The hotel is lovely as portrayed in the pictures. The food is pricey but understandable as we stayed for Christmas Eve's fixed menu. The service is excellent and cannot rave enough during my dinner service and brunch service.

The only thing that I didn't enjoy was the comfort of the bed. As much as I enjoyed the beauty, elegance, ambiance and food at the hotel my husband and I could not sleep 2 out of the 3 night stay. We stayed in the royale room at the Chateau. Maybe the other rooms had softer beds. The rooms also are not soundproof and I"m very sensitive to noise. As a result you can hear each time someone closes a door in the hallway. My main concern was not having a good nights sleep.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
#1 of 2 in Orry-la-Ville
Hotel des Trois Hiboux
Hotel des Trois Hiboux
#1 of 1 in Plailly

Been to Tiara Chateau Hotel Mont Royal Chantilly? Share your experiences!