I loved Irupe Lodge! To get there, it requires about a two hour drive on dirt roads from Mercedes, or a four hour drive from Posadas. It is totally worth the drive. The lodge is situated right on the lake near the village of Colonia Carlos Pellegrini. I chose the four night, three day package which included two day boat trips on the lake to view wildlife, a night boat ride, a day horseback riding and eating with gauchos, and a walk in the nature preserve, along with all meals. We saw lots of animals on the boat rides. One of the rides it was only me and the guide, Marco, and there were very few other boats out there, and we saw tons of animals--birds, capybaras, caiman, caterpillars. It was so peaceful! The guides knew enough English to point things out. The day horseback riding was wonderful too. Diana, one of the English speaking workers, accompanied us. Diana was amazing and helpful, and the one who helped me book my trip and took care of all transfers perfectly. The gauchos were very kind and happy people, and made us a wonderful meal we ate in their house. This might be the highlight of my whole trip to Argentina (hard to say!). The gaucho life seemed simple and helped put the annoyances of your own life in perspective! I also must say the meals at the lodge were wonderful; I looked forward to each one and wondered what would be brought to the table. Often it was beef, but there was also rabbit, chicken, and a potato gnocchi dish for a break from the meat. Eggs were also used frequently. They offered to make something lighter if desired, and the desserts were out of this world. There is bar service virtually all day. The room was very nice too. Simple furnishing, but very nice. I had a superior room which included a nice balcony for relaxing and watching the birds. There is plenty of free time between excursions to relax, read a book, wander about the village and surrounding area on your own, have a drink, etc. I hope to go back someday!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Iberá Lake and marshlands are among the last paradises on earth where visitors can get face to face with caimans, capybaras, swamp deer, howler monkeys and hundreds of birds. Over 350 species of birds live in this virgin landscape.The ideal starting point for excursions into the Iberá marshlands is the village of Colonia Carlos Pellegrini.The panoramic view of our park and the lake right out front, crowded with colourful birds, invites you to explore Argentina’s nature. The Lodge construction on poles ensures a natural and cozy atmosphere for unforgettably relaxing days.At Irupé Lodge, we offer two different types of rooms:• 4 Superior rooms with panoramic windows, integrated living-room, private bathroom with bathtub, individual balcony with view to the lake Iberá. The superior rooms are located in separate cabins and hidden in the naturally dense vegetation of our park.• 4 Standard rooms with panoramic windows towards lake Iberá and private bathroom. The standard rooms are located in the main building and have direct access to a large living area, library and open-air veranda.• Our family suite in the main building with bedroom with balcony, separate living room and private bathroom is the ideal solution for a family with 2 or 3 children.Esteros del Iberá is the place for adventurers and nature lovers!Here are some options we can offer you:Boat Safaris:On the lake Iberá you can take morning, sunset and night safaris. Swamp deer, capybaras, caimans, giant otters and birds can be observed all year round.Night Safaris:To see the swampland’s other face, you start off with a specialized guide around sunset. Either on the boat or on foot you will get a demonstration of the variety of the swamp’s strange sounds while observing the night active animals. Horseback riding and horse-drawn carriage trips:Sitting astride a horse, you’re sure to get a different view of the marshland and its surroundings. In the company of your guide you will find trails through palm tree forests and past the sparkling water of the lake. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your Irupe Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Irupe Hotel Colonia Carlos Pellegrini
- Irupe Lodge Argentina/Colonia Carlos Pellegrini