“Great food, atmosphere and entertainment.”
Review of Tholos

Tholos
Price range: US$19 - US$39
Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: A re-creation of a two-storey courtyard setting that lies between ancient Corinthian ruins encompassing our three intimate dining rooms.
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Great food, the atmosphere is wonderful and not sure if it was for our private event only but that was a belly dance and it was great fun.

1  Thank GIPMAIL

Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

Like most of the Blue Mountains resort this restaurant is artificial. There are items on the menu that don't appear in proper Greek restaurants and those that are on it don't taste as good as they should: maybe the owners need a trip home to taste food cooked by someone's mother (as that's often how it's done there).
However I had a customer service issue: I asked the receptionist (?) to increase the lighting as at about 9 pm it was lowered, and of course there was little external lighting. She said 'I'll look into that' and sensing that I was being fobbed off I asked that she comes over to my table after 'looking into that' and tell me the outcome. Unsurprisingly she didn't show up. It was so dark that I couldn't tell that the hors d'houvres weren't olives but onions, and on adjacent tables punters were using their phones to see the menus. The waiter was more helpful and did listen and act accordingly. Time waster receptionist.
I had chicken souvlaki, which was small and dry. I concur with another reviewer that presentation was not that good. So I have rated it poor value as expensive for average food.
I wouldn't visit again.

1  Thank Tedfordian
Reviewed 20 August 2014

This is a great place at Blue Mountain. It was very busy even on a Tuesday night. One person had the seafood linguine and raved about the seafood. The rest of us had beef souvlaki and would order again. Our server checked on us just enough, great service. Little pricey on the wine, oh well!

Reviewed 19 August 2014

I called a few days in advance to book a table for 6. I was told reservations could only be made for the indoor dining room and not the patio. Not a problem. The girl went on to say, however when you check in, if we have availability on the patio, we would be happy to seat you outside instead. Great. We show up on time, check in and request the patio as it was a beautiful evening...and the patio was EMPTY! We were told the patio was not available. When we politely pointed out that the patio was empty, we were then told they could not accommodate tables of 6. The absurd excuses continued until we just gave up and walked away. Who wants to eat at a restaurant that cares so little to accommodate its customers!!

2  Thank DiniToronto
Management17033, Owner at Tholos, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

After speaking with the Manager on Duty and the Hostess regarding your review, both persons recall your arrival to the restaurant. We have two patios for outdoor seating. At the time you requested a table for six guests, the side patio was closed and the front patio, which was open at the time, did not have any tables for six guests available. However, there were tables inside the restaurant where you could have been accommodated immediately for dinner but you chose not to wait for a table outside and left. Once again, you were given the choice of waiting for a table on the front patio, or you could have been giving a table inside the restaurant right away. Your choice was to leave, and we feel that we provided you with the options available at that time for dining with us. We apologize this did not meet with your expectations.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

spent the weekend in Collingwood and ate dinner at tholos. very friendly and welcoming. excellent server. we needed to make changes to the food in light of likes and dislikes and all were very accommodating. nothing was an issue and nothing was too much trouble, delightful dinner. delicious. made us feel like regulars. wonderful experience and wonderful dinner...thanks

2  Thank irv g