“great stay / amazing experience / ok hotel”
Review of Blue Mountain Inn

Blue Mountain Inn
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Blue Mountains
Reviewed 10 February 2014

stayed at the Blue Mountain Inn for 1 night last week for a family getaway. The Blue Mountain Village is absolutely incredible and should be a worthwhile stop on any travellers schedule. It is right at the base of Blue Mountain and has the most amazing and fun shops and restaurants. It really is picture perfect beauty. The whole experience was fantastic.

The Blue Mountain Inn is a 5-10 minute walk from the center of the Village. It is a beautiful walk - right at the base of the mountain, so it is pretty picturesque.

We stayed in a room with 2 double beds. From what I understand, the Inn has been renovated over the past couple of years. When I told friends that I was staying in the Inn, they gave me a weird look and suggested I stay in one of the more expensive hotels right in the Village. The reviews on tripadvisor were great, so I brushed off my friends. The hotel room was definitely renovated in the last year or two and looked amazing. Our view out of our bedroom window looked right up the mogul run and had a fantastic view!! My one concern was the noise volume (based on other tripadvisor reviews), but we stayed on a Thursday night, so there wasn't any wild rowdiness. It was great that way too.

The parts of the hotel that were not renovated in the last year or two, look very tired. The carpets in the elevators are all ripped up and torn. The luggage carts are from the 70's. That's pretty much it though - the lobby, the restaurant, the meeting rooms (from what I could tell) all looked fantastic and renovated.

My one issue was the staff friendliness. Being a getaway/resort hotel, I would figure that the staff would all be wanting to go above and beyond. Not here. None of the front desk or housekeeping staff communicated with us one word longer then they absolutely had to. I wouldn't consider them friendly, but they didn't do a bad job, so whatever. It was just a little surprising. In the same breath - the staff in the restaurant were amazing.

The main reason why I chose this hotel over the ones in the Village was because of the indoor pool. I was travelling with a 3 year old and a 10 month old - I couldn't go to an outdoor pool and didn't want to walk outdoors to the Plunge area. I was suprised to know that the Blue Mountain Inn was the ONLY hotel in the Village that had an indoor pool.

When I travel back to the Blue Mountain Village - and I definitely will be because it is so cool - I will probably stay right in the Village, like Mosaic or Weider Lodge, and pay a little extra. Its not that the Blue Mountain Inn was bad, because it definitely wasn't, but I was just expecting a little more. I was happy with the value for the money that I spent, but again, I was just expecting more.

Room Tip: ABSOLUTELY try to get a room facing Blue Mountain. It honestly multiplied the satisfaction of our e...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
James H, Vice President of Lodging at Blue Mountain Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

Dear notinterested n,

Thank you for taking the time to provide our Trip Advisor readers with your valued perspective of the Blue Mountain Inn as well as your overall resort experience during a recent visit. We are delighted to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay and fully intend to return on another occasion. The Inn rooms were recently refurbished and receive very positive feedback, we’re glad you found the room to your liking. The location to the slopes as well as the Village is also very appealing to many guests and if walking is not desired, our shuttles run regularly to move guests from various locations across the resort. The elevators are waiting for some final touches including flooring and will be completed in the slower Spring months.

We are sorry learn that you found our desk and housekeeping associates to be somewhat aloof and assure you this is not typical of our service standards, evidenced by past and present reviews. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention and can assure you we will share your feedback with the team.

Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

We stayed at Blue Mountain Resort. They have a hotel & condos all through the resort. Our 2 bedroom/2 bathroom was sparkling clean, had a fireplace and a gorgeous view of the slopes. Lots of pools & and hot tubs. The resort has a little outdoor town, just like Vail. It has everything you need. A market, boutiques, restaurants and more. The staff at Blue Mountain Resort were so friendly and helpful. Not one seem stressed. We stayed Friday to Monday. it was very busy on Saturday.

• Stayed: January 2014
2  Thank PShall

Dear PShall,

What a lovely review, thank you for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor, we feel certain you will entice those who have yet to discover us, to do some exploring. Judging by the room description provided, we feel you might have been staying in a Village suite, the Inn rooms offer 2 double beds and a single washroom. The Village suites are more like condominiums varying in size from a Studio suite to a 3 bedroom suite, all of which offer some form of kitchen facilities, something the Inn rooms don’t offer. Thank you too for recognizing our associates, they are truly a wonderful group and keenly focused on delivering memorable experiences to every guest.

Reviewed 6 February 2014

Six of us stayed here for a weekend in February, and we had a great stay.

The hotel is mostly renovated and the rooms were very modern and comfortable.

The pool, hot tub, and sauna facilities were great and helped out after time on the slopes. Some of the jets in the outdoor hot tubs didn't work or work well and the tubs were a little cool for my liking, but they are outside in the cold.

We ate several times at Jozo's bar which is attached to the hotel and the food was surprisingly good and reasonably priced.

I would have no concerns recommending this hotel, and hope to go back at some point.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MikeW54
James H, Vice President of Lodging at Blue Mountain Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2014

Dear MikeW54,

Thank you for sharing such a wonderful review with our Trip Advisor readers, the renovations turned out very well, garnering terrific feedback, similar to yours. We are delighted to see that you fully enjoyed the amenities as well as the meals in Jozo’s. The Inn is just a short walk or shuttle ride away from the Village and access to a wide variety of retail and dining options.

Once again, thank you for your recommendation of this property; we will look forward to having you return.
On behalf of Blue Mountain Resorts Ltd.,

Reviewed 31 January 2014

Stayed at Blue Mountain on their weekday special. Absolutely loved it. Everyone is so friendly and helpful. The mountain has great skiing and the there is so much to do in the village. We will be back

Room Tip: If you like to be within walking distance of everything, the village is the way yo go
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JessicaBrannagan

Dear JessicaBrannagan,

Well thank you very much for your kind comments, our associates are the backbone of our business, it makes us proud to hear your remarks about the service they rendered, what a nice pat on the back. The hills have been outstanding this season, glad you enjoyed them. There is no doubt about it, the Village is full of fun and interesting things to do, glad you enjoyed your time there. Although the Inn is not located right in the Village, it is just a short walk away and if it’s blustery out, you can take one of the resort shuttles to get to your destination. We will eagerly look forward to your return.

Reviewed 24 January 2014

Recently returned from a touring holiday around Toronto, my family and I stayed here for 4 nights, the hotel is in a great location, 5 minute walk to the main Village but with its own slopes and runs behind the hotel.
The outdoor spas and indoor pool were great, we stayed over a weekend which was very busy, a lot of youth groups on a college trip, there was a little noise on the Friday/Saturday night but nothing more than raised voices.
The room was a good size with a great shower which to me is a plus point.
The Village resort itself has ski rental and classes, we took out the newbie package which gave tuition and lift pass for the green runs and ski hire all for the great price of $79, we did this again on the second day but my son and I upgraded our lift passes so we could throw ourselves down higher and faster runs, I do not think I will make the Olympics this year!
The staff at the hotel were all friendly and helpful, also if you do not want to walk to the village there is a regular shuttle bus.
Whilst there we also had a mornings tobogganing which was great fun and good value.
Defiantly returning to the Blue Mountains and I would stay at the Inn.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank puttmeister
James H, Vice President of Lodging at Blue Mountain Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2014

Dear puttmeister,

This is terrific, thank you for such a fabulous review of the resort and in particular the Blue Mountain Inn. The Inn is very conveniently located, just a short walk to the Village and as noted if preferred hop on a shuttle to get where you’re going. We are a popular destination and weekends tend to see a rise in visitors trying to make the most of their precious time off enjoying the outdoors and all the activities available on and off resort.

The newbie package is a great option for those starting out, glad you took advantage and found the programs beneficial, my goodness even graduating to the more challenging terrain the very next day, kudos to you both.

Our associates are dedicated to providing the best possible experience, thank you for acknowledging their keen efforts.

We are thrilled to hear you will be back and the Inn will be your preferred lodging location.

Yours in Hospitality

Reviewed 20 January 2014

My partner and I stayed here recently for a Saturday night. This hotel has recently been renovated and is much nicer than it appears from the outside. It was only a 5-10 minute walk from all the shopping, restaurants, etc. in the village or there was also a shuttle available. I was a bit apprehensive about booking here after reading some of the reviews but we didn’t have any issues. Our king room was renovated and was both clean and comfortable with a view of the ski hill. There was a bit of noise on off throughout the night as some younger groups returned from the bars but it wasn’t really enough to complain about. We didn’t use the amenities such as the spa, pool or hot tubs but they looked nice. Breakfast at the onsite restaurant was good. We found this hotel to be of good value and much cheaper than the rooms in the village which started at $320 per night for a murphy bed. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 2OntarioCanucks

RESPONSE:

Dear 2OntarioCanucks,

Thank you for this lovely review and acknowledging the success of our recent renovations, the rooms did turn out quite well and are garnering very favorable feedback. The Inn is really just a 5 minute walk to all the Village dining and retail, very convenient and yes, if walking doesn’t appeal, take one of our shuttle buses. We are delighted to hear how much you enjoyed the room as well as breakfast at our charming and delicious Pottery restaurant.

Thanks again for posting your personal recommendation of this property to our Trip Advisor readers.

Reviewed 17 January 2014

We booked 2 rooms during the long weekend in August. We did zip lining, hiking etc. Was wonderful and relaxing time spent.

The kids had a wonderful time boating and walking the trails. The staff at the front desk was very helpful in providing us details of the activities and locations.

Although, it is a bit expensive but truly a great value for money.

• Stayed: August 2013

Dear skhanna2014,

Thank you for posting this review, wow August seems so long ago right now as we sit at -29 degrees with the wind chill factored in. We are so pleased to hear you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and that you were able to try a variety of the new and exciting activities available. How nice of you to acknowledge the terrific service provided by our front desk associates, they are truly a wonderful group and very dedicated to providing the best possible services.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Blue Mountains
Mountain Springs Resort and Conference Centre
The Lodges at Blue Mountain
The Lodges at Blue Mountain
#3 of 16 in Blue Mountains

Been to Blue Mountain Inn? Share your experiences!