“Blue Mountain Inn”
Review of Blue Mountain Inn

Blue Mountain Inn
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Blue Mountains
Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

My girlfriend and I recently stayed at the BMI for the weekend. It was a beautiful area for hikes and leisure. We enjoyed all the sights and shops around the area and especially enjoyed our day at the BM caves. Many restaurants to choose from ranging from high end to pub style food. Room rates were decent for the summer and service at the hotel was excellent. Also a beautiful beach you can spend the day at with a free shuttle service to and from the beach. Our room was amazing with a king size bed and my favourite part a bench in the shower. I would recommend this area of Ontario to all my friends and family and we look forward to heading back soon.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
James H, Vice President of Hospitality at Blue Mountain Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Dear KINGB1981,

Thank you for this terrific review of your visit to Blue Mountain Resort, it really is a great place to relax and rejuvenate. The lush green landscape and serene hiking trails are a great way to challenge yourself before riding the Gondola down to the Village below and searching out the perfect dining establishment. The shuttle service allows ease of access around the resort and yes, all the way over to our private beach. We’re glad you enjoyed yourself and look forward to welcoming you back.

There are newer reviews for Blue Mountain Inn

Reviewed 15 August 2014

We stayed at the inn for 1 night, in a king bed room. We were happy that the room was ready earlier as we arrived a couple of hours before check in. The staff was helpful and nice, the room was clean, bed was comfortable. The AC was a bit noisy, but we unplugged it altogether since it was quite chilly as it was, and we were fine.

At $160 bucks a night that we paid, I was disappointed that WiFi was a paid service ($12 bucks a day or $21 bucks for 3 days) and that there was no breakfast included. Parking was free though.

Overall, a good stay, but overpriced from my point of view.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 3rd floor in a king bed room.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Anya Z,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit to Blue Mountain Resort on Trip Advisor. The rooms are very comfortable and well appointed. Our associates are our backbone; they are passionate about making every guest experience a great one, thank you for acknowledging their services. Occasionally we see this comment; we do offer complimentary wifi in all hotel lobbies as well as the Pottery and Jozo’s restaurants. The free service is referred to as our “light service” offering an adequate bandwidth for checking e-mail and browsing the internet. The service we offer in our guest rooms is our premium wireless, with a much bigger bandwidth, adequate for checking e-mail, browsing the internet and downloading media.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

We checked in at the Blue Mountain around 2:30, and our room was ready. We asked if we could be upgraded to a higher floor and they provided us with a mountain view room on their highest floor. When we entered, we were welcomed with an awful smell, that was not like the smell at the other hotels I have visited. It smelled like someone smoked in the room. When I entered I also realized some hairs on my bed and something stuck to the pillow which looked like a booger. I was disgusted. My Family never experienced anything so disgusting. To take our minds of, we later went relaxing in the hot tubs, the change rooms were so bad so I recommend changing in your room. Also, request for a room with a patio that walks out to the hot tubs. The hot tubs were quite good and the pool was deep, not recommended for small children. When we returned to our room, the heat was on and there was a burning smell. There were no operable windows so all I could do is open the main door and let air into the hall. I could hardly breathe. The bonuses though were the free shuttles, to the attractions including the beach. Anyways, I would rate the rooms poor and the attractions, services good. Tip: Eat on Collingwood, cheaper and only 10 minutes away
Tip: Request for a room with a patio that walks out to the hot tub( ask of its free)

Room Tip: Don't think the higher floors are better, I recommend rooms with a patio that walk out to the ho...
Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank antoinepriest

Dear antoinepriest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on our Trip Advisor page following your recent visit to Blue Mountain Resort. We regret that you were disappointed in the room you were assigned, this should have been reported to us by our cleaning associates in advance of placing you in the unit. When a guest chooses to violate our non-smoking policy we levy a fee for additional cleaning required to purge the odor. We are disappointed to hear that our cleaning associates missed the mark on the clean linen, and creating a poor impression, this comment will be used by management in our ongoing coaching sessions to improve overall quality. Generally speaking we have been receiving very favorable feedback on the Inn rooms, particularly since they were completely refurbished. We have engineering associates on duty at all times, should a guest experience a mechanical issue, our internal call centre can be reached via a quick phone call to AYS and a dispatch will be issued to resolve any concerns.

Yours in Hospitality

Reviewed 5 August 2014

First of all, I would like to thank Elise (frontdesk) for being so helpful in giving us directions and suggestions on what to do... We arrived at 12nn and happy that our room is already ready for us. We had fun in their hot tubs, found new friends and the dry sauna is great too!!! It's only a 10minute walk to the village and all restaurants. I would love to go back in the winter time!!!

Room Tip: Book a room that has the mountain view. It is just spectacular!!!!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Melissa C,
Thank you for posting this flattering review on Trip Advisor, we will be sure to recognize Elise for making such a great impression and providing you with a variety of helpful suggestions and pertinent directions. The Inn is home to the only indoor pool on resort and also has a beautifully landscaped garden area just outside with 4 hot tubs to enjoy. The Inn is very accessible to the Village as you have indicated a short walk and weather is inclement we offer shuttle service to our guests to get around the resort. The winter is a great time to visit as well; we hope you will have a chance this year.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

Arrived, on a Sunday, shortly after 4pm (check in is 4pm) and our room wasn't ready. This was surprising since the resort was at low occupancy. After voicing my displeasure I was given 10% off of the first night and a 2hr late checkout. I had to complain to receive this offer and the guy at the desk did not seem to appreciate doing it.
Upon departure I dropped off the room keys and asked for a final bill. The lady told me the amount that was going to be charged and I asked if the 10% discount had been applied. She said no and informed me that nothing was documented in the account. I told her that I was given a 10% discount due to the late check in. She again repeated that nothing was documented in the account. I assured her that was the deal that I had come to with the gentleman who checked me in. She then started to grill me by asking questions, in a nasty tone, about the name of the man who served me. When did it happen, etc... I told her to check the system for answers. She then proceeded to apply the discount. I asked her for a copy of the bill. She confirmed my e-mail address and told me she had sent it. 24hrs later I still have not received it.
The overall vacation time spent with the family in the "Blue Mountains" area was awesome. Unfortunately my only 2 interactions with the staff, at the inn, were negative. A firm and clear policy regarding check-in times needs to be implemented by Management that is clear to it's staff.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank toddharvey2001
James H, Vice President of Hospitality at Blue Mountain Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Dear toddharvey2001,

Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay at the Blue Mountain Inn at Blue Mountain Resort, we are sure our Trip Advisor readers will appreciate your comments. On review of your comments and in speaking with our associates at the front desk, we are surprised to learn of your interactions, it is not in keeping at all with the high standard of service our associates pride themselves on delivering. If you would like additional follow-up and have not received your statement of account, please feel free to reach out to me personally via e-mail at mail@bluemountain.ca with additional pertinent information regarding your reservation and we will be happy to assist you.

Vice President of Lodging

Reviewed 22 July 2014

We tried the Blue Mountain Inn hotel as we'd received a 20% discount online. I'd researched it online prior to our stay & it was well positioned in the Blue Mountain area. BUT our stay was ruined after our air conditioning unit set off the smoke alarm in our room...twice in the small hours! and when eating at The Pottery Restuarant on site it took them an hour to deliver two basic entrees. Overall not impressed. And would never stay there again.
We overheard another guest at the hotel had bigger problems than us though—he had bugs flying into his room through a hole in the exterior wall!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Gillian B

Dear Mishmashhashtag,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent visit to Blue Mountain Resort, we regret that you did not enjoy your stay and assure you this is not the intended outcome. Your comments prompted us to scan over a number of past & present reviews and as one expects there is mixed feedback with many very happy and satisfied guests and of course others that were less impressed. We can appreciate your frustration with a mechanical failure disrupting you in the night and assure you this was an unexpected incident. We trust our engineering associates were able to provide assistance and restore your air conditioning to proper working order. It is even more surprising to learn of the service issue you encountered in the Pottery Restaurant, generally speaking we hear such wonderful comments in regards to the food and service at this location. We will be sure to share your comments with all associates to avoid a repeat of this service in the future.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

We arrived at Blue Mountain Inn at 3:45pm June 30th. Didn't get our room till 6:00pm and we were NOT impressed!!!!!! Other than that we loved the Village...all the places to eat...we enjoyed the shopping....and loved loved loved the Scandinavian Spa. We had a Massage and got to enjoy the rest of the facility for the day. But would NOT stay at the Inn again!!!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Claudette T

Dear Claudette T,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with this feedback and post a review of your recent experience staying at the Blue Mountain Inn. Needless to say a timely check-in is very important when one is travelling and we share your disappointment that we did not achieve our goal of a 4pm check on the day you were arriving. We will be sure to review our productivity reports over the Canada Day long weekend with all associates in this department. We are delighted to hear you otherwise thoroughly enjoyed the Village and your visit to the Scandinave Spa.

On behalf of Blue Mountain Resort

Mountain Springs Resort and Conference Centre
The Lodges at Blue Mountain
The Lodges at Blue Mountain
#3 of 16 in Blue Mountains

Been to Blue Mountain Inn? Share your experiences!