Mountain Springs Resort and Conference Centre
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Blue Mountain Inn(Blue Mountains)
  • Fitness centre
Mosaic(Blue Mountains)
  • Restaurant
The Blue Mountain Lodge(Blue Mountains)
Cranberry Resort(Collingwood)
View Hotel
All reviewsextra beddinghot tubminor thingson demandparking spotrecommend staying hereensuite bathroomfull kitchenblue mountain villagemain villagelong weekendget awayown mealsshuttleskiairbnbhill
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 August 2007

My wife and I were there for a promotional stay. We received a free breakfast and attended a presentation. It was informative, brief and we decided to join. We love the place.

The resort is being renovated and it needs it but what I really liked were the staff. Extremely friendly and helpful. When they didn't know something, they found someone who did.

The location is probably the best in Canada. The resort seems like in the middle of nowhere which is great and only a 5 minute drive to great restaurants and boutiques. n

Try the beaver tails. Yum!

Stayed: August 2007
1  Thank MrWonderfulToronto
Reviewed 3 July 2007

We were contacted by them to come up and try their lodge and if we liked it, would we please recommended it to friends and family.

A $50 deposit with a major credit card to hold a room for us would be refunded if we attended a presentation for approximately two hours. We thought , "What could we lose?"

Upon arriving, we found the room waiting was not appropriate for our needs but they did offer an upgrade to a one bedroom suite for an extra $20/ night and we were allowed to pick one out of four available suites. We found #605 perfect; it was pretty, with a lovely view of a mountain spring and a large deck to enjoy it. Only one 25" or 27" television, but with cable.

We did lose two nights sleep on horrible beds, one a queen in the bedroom and one a pullout sofabed in the living area of a lovely one bedroom suite, not so bad. To be fair - they are in the process of updating and renewing the accommodations.

On the tour, they showed us one of these gutted and newly appointed suites and these renovations were impressive. (This is the suite that you see on their website.) They also took us to the Georgian Manor, about 5 min. away, which is a sister lodge and let us see the one and two bedroom suites there. - So luxuriously/lavishly decorated that all four of us ohed and awed.

When we returned to Mountain Spring, the Presentation turned out to be a fairly high pressure encouragement to join a 'Club Membership' .

We personally, found that the $18,000 and up committment a little steep for what we do for our vacation getaways, but may be perfect for advid skiers, snowboarders, snowmobilers or adventure cyclists with the extra cash.

Also, Wasaga Beach is only about 20 minutes away and a great horse riding stable is only 5 minutes away, - for the summertime.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank MidnightExpress07
Reviewed 27 March 2007

If you are reading this, then you have likely finally succumb to all those telemarketing calls, booked a one or two night free stay, given them a deposit of $69.95, and promised to attend a “tour” in order to get your money back.

I just got back today and have decided it was definitely worth it. My studio was in perfect condition, complete with fridge, microwave, dishwasher, and Jacuzzi in the washroom, and I did have a mountain view. In addition, I received a coupon for a free buffet breakfast at the Georgian Manor Resort (7 km. away) and a 2-for-1 dinner coupon which didn’t do me much good as a single person! (I might add that the omelette I had for breakfast was really, really good!)

Only one other couple and I attended the “tour”. They sit with you one on one, and ask a bunch of questions. When I didn’t want to answer, I simply said, “Why do you need to know that?” I didn’t answer many of the questions so they skipped most of them. They explain their club membership, which is similar to a time share. The tour at Georgian Manor Resort was a waste of time as they only took me to see two units.

Upon your return, they then tell you the cost of the membership. For singles or retired couples, it’s about $17,000 for 30 years, but it’s considerably more for the other memberships. Then you get the privilege of still paying for any of the holidays. At first the holidays will sound low in price, but they do not include the airfare, transfer from the airport, and in many cases food or booze, so I really didn’t see that any of the prices were a bargain, especially compared to the last minute deals that I usually book. Only someone with money to burn or with very poor math skills would go for this membership!

Altogether I saw three people. The first lady explained everything (which no one could ever really fully understand), the next lady was really aggressive and mean – almost insulting, saying things like, “You really CAN afford it”, and the third guy – the developer - was not as bad as I expected.

As far as I can tell, there are two quick ways to get out of there as soon as possible, get your deposit back, and be on your merry way. In my case, I really do value camping – even bush camping at virtually no cost, so they see you as a cheapskate and want to get rid of you. The other way, according to what I read in other posts, is to say you already own a timeshare and they will understand.

There is much deception involved in their whole process, so I don’t see how they can expect anyone to buy into anything. From the very start on the telephone, I was actually told there was nothing to buy – they just wanted me to enjoy my stay and come back and tell others about the resort. Then when you get the confirmation in the mail, there are all sorts of extra expenses that could possibly occur. Item 5 states, “If you fail to arrive or fail to complete the 90 minute tour and presentation, you will be charged full room rate ($189.00 weekend, $149.00 weekday per night)”. They even charge $25 to change your date! Prior to receiving this in the mail, you are led to believe that the worst thing that could possibly happen would be to lose your $69.95 deposit if you don’t attend the “tour”. On the other hand, I don’t see how charging you for the room would be legal, since you wouldn’t have signed for the charges on your charge card.

When the weather began to warm up I did call to change my dates so there would still be an opportunity for me to ski. I spoke with Holly who told me there was nothing else available. I called again and spoke with Amanda and she easily booked another time. As a matter of fact, the whole place was almost empty!!!!! Holly will be hearing from me very soon!!

The fact that they call a sales pitch a tour is of course also very deceiving.

The “90 minute” tour was two hours and ten minutes in my case.

The most amazing part of all is the confirmation actually states, “Any verbal representations not outlined in your confirmation package will not apply”!!!!! So in other words, disregard all the promises they just finished making you on the phone!

So my final advice is to pay them back for all their deceptive advertising, laugh off the two hour sales pitch, and kick back and totally enjoy the rest of your free stay! Better yet, encourage all your friends and relatives to do the same!

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6  Thank sunlover10
Reviewed 10 March 2007

Like many of the others, we were contacted about a million times by a telemarketer and we finally took the gamble. We booked our two-night stay for $69, which would be refunded on the condition that we attend a 90-minute sales presentation. The studio suite was a three star. The kitchen was great but the carpet was badly stained and there was a lot of peeling paint and cracked caulking in the bathroom. It was decent, but it needed some work.
The resort is located a short distance from Blue Mountain's north chair lift. It is a short walk if you ride a snowboard, but it would be a long walk in ski boots.
We had a very nice stay and the staff was courteous. The only lousy part of it was the sales presentation. Our salesman was a great guy for the first two hours. I was actually impressed with what he was selling. I am lucky to have a lot of time off every year and I was very interested in this "vacation club". Furthermore, it was something that we could afford. The problem with this kind of sales presentation is that they want you to commit then and there, without doing any research. As soon as we declined give him a $650 deposit on the spot, the tone of the presentation turned ugly, he cranked up the pressure and the red flags went up. He got angry and questioned whether I actually had a spine, but I am happy to report that our $69 was refunded in full and we were on our way home.
I would definitely recommend taking them up on the free two-night stay offer. To get out of there as soon as possible, don't show any interest in their sales presentation. Tell them that you are penniless and say "no" at your first opportunity.

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled with family
4  Thank hotwired100
Reviewed 11 July 2006

Our family of 5 stayed there last week in a 1-bed loft. Collingwood is beautifuI, the resort is a ski resort in the winter. I was skeptical following some of the reviews on tripadvisor. I was pleasantly surprised. The resort and units were clean. The front desk staff was not overly friendly but not rude. Requests made were quickly dealt with. The pool was a little small, but that was not a problem, it was heated, especially on cooler days, that was nice. The kids enjoyed the tennic courts. The unit showed some signs of age, but it was within range. I am very picky when staying someplace and I would stay here again. There was only 1 TV in the unit, it would have been nice to have one in the loft area also. But who goes there to watch TV….the views of the mountains were well worth the stay. We were able to get a good deal on the rate, $120 a night minus taxes, and that was during the long weekend in July.

• Stayed: July 2006