The Lodges at Blue Mountain(Blue Mountains)(Great Value!)
US$388
US$157
Westin Trillium House Blue Mountain(Blue Mountains)(Great Value!)
US$221
  • Restaurant
Blue Mountain Inn(Blue Mountains)
US$165
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
Embarc Blue Mountain(Blue Mountains)(Great Value!)
US$354
US$257
US$165
US$138
  • Pool
Bowering Guest House(Blue Mountains)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 21/07
US$72
Heathcote Haven Bed and Breakfast(Thornbury)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 23/07
US$113
All reviewshot tubtennis courtsthai restaurantfull kitchenblue mountain villagemain villagescenic caveslong weekendget awayprivate beachshuttleskihillcanada
Reviewed 29 August 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 23 August 2013

Pros and cons to this resort/hotel/condominium palace. The resort is much larger than I had expected from viewing their website photos. The address wouldn't come up on our GPS, but it is an older GPS unit, so I don't know if I can fault them there, just something to remember if you are the same.

Initial impression was that the buildings were aged and the front reception desk/conference building seemed to be very recently renovated or new, but the front signage and entrance way remained dated. You don't get keys, just an electronic keypad code for your room. We also were required to pay a $500 damage deposit up front on check-in (a family of four with two kids, no pets - not party animals here) so that seemed unusual.

Checking in, our room was a loft suite with a living area and pull out couch, fireplace (we didn't use in summer), flat screen tv, and full kitchen with dining island. On the same main floor was a queen bed and bathroom and upstairs was a loft with a second queen bed and a second bathroom - this bathroom had a jacuzzi tub. From the main level was a sliding patio door to a balcony about 5x5 feet with a small table and plastic patio chairs. Ok space for one person, or a smoker I guess (we weren't), but the neighbouring unit's balcony is joined to yours with no privacy in between. The kitchen had oven with working stovetop, a new refrigerator (I know other reviews said appliances were dated, but ours were fine), small microwave, toaster and coffee maker (though they do not actually supply any coffee to make in the coffee maker). Bed linens, pillows, and dishes were also supplied. The tv had about 15 grainy or snowy channels available. Overall I found the room acceptable and clean, the carpets were clearly not brand new, but few other hotels I've ever visited had brand new carpeting either.

The resort had two tennis courts that we didn't use, and a small pool by the entrance that the kids did enjoy one afternoon of our stay. In nicer weather, the small pool does get busy, but it is clean.

My largest complaint was that they advertised free wi-fi. They actually don't have it in many of the buildings on the resort. I complained to a girl at the front desk right at checkin and she told us that she found sometimes at night the signal didn't' reach out to the buildings further at the back of the resort. On checkout, I complained again, and they said a technician came the week before and said he'd fixed their wireless, but clearly he hadn't. I wonder if they just get by on spotty internet anyway, and it is the same year-round. It was a particular disappointment for us, because I brought our laptop up and planned on lettiing the kids watch kids' shows on Netflix over the computer during down times of our trip, but if I'd known ahead of time, I might have been able to bring something else to keep them occupied for those times (no kids playground or even open field area at this resort). I told the desk staff I'd planned on using the internet to look up off-site activities and check out which restaurants we wanted to visit but they just said basically that it must have been frustrating. I would have liked to have gotten more support (or maybe some money back?).

It has ample free parking, and is about a 3-to-5 minute drive from Blue Mountain Village. It would probably be about a 30 minute walk. Many attractions in the Village give a discount if you are staying in one of their on-site hotels, but I found many people were very nice to deal with and would still give us the discount despite our resort not technically affiliated with Blue Mountain.

The biggest mystery of this resort is its history. The buildings are old, they've been here a while, albeit clean, and they are all converted into condos. It seems as though it perhaps used to be an official Blue Mountain lodge site but got sold off over time? Just guessing...

Room Tip: Rooms in buildings 4, 5, and 6 seemed to be able to pick up the strongest wi-fi signal.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank G-Dot21
Reviewed 7 August 2013

we stayed in a loft which was super clean. the beds were comfortable, we had a huge flat screen tv which we didn't use. breakfast was free. it was okay, we didn't expect anything fancy, there was free shuttle bus which took us to the town.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 August 2013

I rented a 1 bedroom loft unit for the August long weekend. I was looking for somewhere pet friendly for my two small dogs and this was perfect. The unit slept 6 adults. There was a loft bedroom with a full bathroom upstairs with a walk out balcony. The main floor had a private bedroom, another full bathroom, a full kitchen and a living room with a pull out sofa. The unit was very modern in decor but the appliances although worked well were quite old. There is no washer or dryer. Everything was supplied in terms of linens and towels and a starter pack. The beds (all 3 of them) were extremely uncomfortable. All of them seemed to cave in in the middle and were very lumpy. There was also some wear and tear, probably because of previous guests with pets. There were many scratches on the walls, stains on the carpet. The windows gave us a hard time to open. There is only one television in the living room with a dvd player. It was located a 25 minute walk or 3 minute drive to the village and just down the street from the Northwinds Beach. I would definitely stay here again when traveling with the pets but am crossing my fingers for new mattresses.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 August 2013

We stayed in unit #9513 and were pleasantly surprised since it had 2 separate bedrooms with really comfortable bed. There was a really nice outdoor patio set with 8 chairs and an umbrella. Great having breakfast on the deck. There also was an upper deck off the second floor bedroom, There is a free shuttle that takes you to the village which runs every 20 mintues. The pool was nice and clean and there was lots of deck chairs. I would definitely recommend this unit! Looks like it would be fun in the winter since its ski in and ski out.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family