Mountain Springs Resort and Conference Centre
Westin Trillium House Blue Mountain(Blue Mountains)(Great Value!)
US$329
  • Restaurant
Blue Mountain Inn(Blue Mountains)
US$132
US$172
Agoda.com
Meaford Motel & Restaurant(Meaford)(Great Value!)
US$79
US$116
US$110
Mosaic(Blue Mountains)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Fitness centre
All reviewsextra beddinghot tubminor thingson demandparking spotrecommend staying hereensuite bathroomfull kitchenblue mountain villagemain villagelong weekendget awayown mealsshuttleskiairbnbhill
Reviewed 8 November 2013

We had a wonderful stay, the staff were very accommodating, the rooms clean, beautiful bedding and amazing beds. The highlight of the trip was our wonderful day bring pampered at the Kalola Spa located in the hotel. I rate them 10 out of 10. You have to visit them, its a must, while at blue mountain redort.

Room Tip: I let the hotel know what my needs werebsnd they took care of the rest.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 October 2013

This was our first family trip to Blue Mountain. We booked at Mountain Springs mainly for location and the reasonable pricing. We were more than please with the rooms and the resort facilities. Room was clean and updated. We asked for an upgraded room and we were given one for no additional cost. The staff couldn't have been more helpful with suggestions for local things to do as it was our first time there. I am going be coming back taking my family skiing for the first time this winter as the resort is right at the base of the ski hill and chair lift.

Room Tip: The rooms with higher numbers are the ones closest to the ski hill and best views of the hill
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 September 2013

We just spent 4 nights in the studio loft unit. The unit was clean but very small. It would be more comfortable for 2-4 people instead of party of 6. Yes the bed were not so comfortable and the kitchen was not well stocked but the price and the location were great. Nothing fancy and it met our expectations.

Kim at Front Desk was very helpful and friendly. There were a few minor issues that didn't bother us but she sent the repairman anyway.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 August 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 23 August 2013

Pros and cons to this resort/hotel/condominium palace. The resort is much larger than I had expected from viewing their website photos. The address wouldn't come up on our GPS, but it is an older GPS unit, so I don't know if I can fault them there, just something to remember if you are the same.

Initial impression was that the buildings were aged and the front reception desk/conference building seemed to be very recently renovated or new, but the front signage and entrance way remained dated. You don't get keys, just an electronic keypad code for your room. We also were required to pay a $500 damage deposit up front on check-in (a family of four with two kids, no pets - not party animals here) so that seemed unusual.

Checking in, our room was a loft suite with a living area and pull out couch, fireplace (we didn't use in summer), flat screen tv, and full kitchen with dining island. On the same main floor was a queen bed and bathroom and upstairs was a loft with a second queen bed and a second bathroom - this bathroom had a jacuzzi tub. From the main level was a sliding patio door to a balcony about 5x5 feet with a small table and plastic patio chairs. Ok space for one person, or a smoker I guess (we weren't), but the neighbouring unit's balcony is joined to yours with no privacy in between. The kitchen had oven with working stovetop, a new refrigerator (I know other reviews said appliances were dated, but ours were fine), small microwave, toaster and coffee maker (though they do not actually supply any coffee to make in the coffee maker). Bed linens, pillows, and dishes were also supplied. The tv had about 15 grainy or snowy channels available. Overall I found the room acceptable and clean, the carpets were clearly not brand new, but few other hotels I've ever visited had brand new carpeting either.

The resort had two tennis courts that we didn't use, and a small pool by the entrance that the kids did enjoy one afternoon of our stay. In nicer weather, the small pool does get busy, but it is clean.

My largest complaint was that they advertised free wi-fi. They actually don't have it in many of the buildings on the resort. I complained to a girl at the front desk right at checkin and she told us that she found sometimes at night the signal didn't' reach out to the buildings further at the back of the resort. On checkout, I complained again, and they said a technician came the week before and said he'd fixed their wireless, but clearly he hadn't. I wonder if they just get by on spotty internet anyway, and it is the same year-round. It was a particular disappointment for us, because I brought our laptop up and planned on lettiing the kids watch kids' shows on Netflix over the computer during down times of our trip, but if I'd known ahead of time, I might have been able to bring something else to keep them occupied for those times (no kids playground or even open field area at this resort). I told the desk staff I'd planned on using the internet to look up off-site activities and check out which restaurants we wanted to visit but they just said basically that it must have been frustrating. I would have liked to have gotten more support (or maybe some money back?).

It has ample free parking, and is about a 3-to-5 minute drive from Blue Mountain Village. It would probably be about a 30 minute walk. Many attractions in the Village give a discount if you are staying in one of their on-site hotels, but I found many people were very nice to deal with and would still give us the discount despite our resort not technically affiliated with Blue Mountain.

The biggest mystery of this resort is its history. The buildings are old, they've been here a while, albeit clean, and they are all converted into condos. It seems as though it perhaps used to be an official Blue Mountain lodge site but got sold off over time? Just guessing...

Room Tip: Rooms in buildings 4, 5, and 6 seemed to be able to pick up the strongest wi-fi signal.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family