“Amazing location!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Blue Mountains
Toronto, Canada
“Amazing location!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

I booked our stay through booking.com for the August long weekend for 5 people. I booked the Studio with Loft and was very pleased with the room. Upon reading some of the negative reviews, I wasn't sure what to expect but we were all very happy with the service and accommodations. The room was clean and had all the necessary amenities. The free shuttle service was great and being able to use this service even after regular hours was definitely an asset. We would definitely stay here again. One important thing to remember is that since the rooms use a keypad lock system, guests have to remember to key in the code and turn the deadbolt when leaving - simply shutting the door doesn't lock it. Amazing value for the price.

• Stayed August 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

We had a great weekend, the place was the perfect! Large kitchen with a dining room, family space and lots of sleeping space. We enjoyed the balconies and being a close walk to the village. Our dealings with the owner were very pleasant as well.

Would rent from this property again!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

We stayed at Mountain Springs Resort this past weekend and had an AMAZING time.!! It is located very close to the shops and restaurants in the Village.

The facilities were in good condition and the staff were excellent to deal with. We will definitely be staying there again in the near future..!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mark Y
Toronto, Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

Had a great time at this hotel and would definitely book again. The customer service was better than most 5 star hotels I have been to and the property is in a great location just minutes from the main village. I also enjoyed the on-site pool quite a bit.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank F1Pace
Thornhill, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

Had a great getaway! Friendly staff and convenient location!!!
Useful amenities!!! 6 yr. old daughter loved the pool!! Great place to go for walks! Handy snacks!!! Comfortable rooms!
Would go back for another family getaway!!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

DO NOT BOOK THIS PLACE!!!!

We just had the worst customer service experience of our lives. We had booked through Booking.com. When we were making the reservation there was nothing to indicate that check-in times were limited from 4-7. However that detail did emerge upon payment ($409 for 2 nights). This payment was CHARGED IN FULL to my card a full week before arrival, with no option for a refund!

Thus began our 2-week long attempt to call the place and try to arrange for a later check in. We both live 150 km away from blue mountain and it takes us about 40 minutes to get home from work. I work till 5:30, I knew there was no way we could leave before 7 or 7:30. We had a whale of a time trying to get through to anyone at the lodge.

Finally a day before our check in, someone picked up the phone. We explained the situation. The lady was extremely uncooperative and insisted I make it there before 7 like "everyone else". Or get someone else to check in for me (like what?) When I asked for an alternate she started getting rude and insisting everything is on their website. Again I explained I had not booked on their site. She insisted I didn't pay attention to fine print. I said explained to her at what stage the fine print shows up on a booking.com transaction and she insisted I was wrong. At this point I just needed a solution. She goes well if you are coming Friday we will be here till 9 (she could have said this in the first place!) So I said just to be on the safe side what if traffic delays us by a few minutes, what do I do. Again the lady started being rude and acting like it was such a major inconvenience to be asked to do her job! Finally after alot of pattonizing comments the lady goes we'll give you the entry code for your unit, but you have to come the next morning to put down your $1500 damage deposit. SAY WHAT! The first month down security deposit on my prime location downtown Toronto apartment was not that high!

At this point I asked to speak to someone else. She goes "Fine, I don't want to argue with you!" and then I hear the same elevator music anf voice mail message I had been hearing for 2 weeks. I call again, now someone who speaks no English picks up the phone. So I call again. I get Sheldon who is the "owner of the company".

He was a bit more cooperative and said a) on Friday their check-in is till 10 (can these guys get their story straight). b) If I am delayed he will provide me with the security code to get into unit. So I explained how difficult my experience had been trying to get through to anyone. And would it be possible for him to provide us with the code now. And refused, saying "I am not saying you are a crook, but if I give you the code now, what prevents you from coming now and stealing all our gear?" SAY WHAT! Anyway, he finally says call us when you are en route and we will be give us the code.

So far so good. We do the last minute shopping and errands on the Thursday to ensure we are not delayed on Friday, none-the-less as I had predicted traffic coming out of downtown Toronto was horrendous. Combined with an accident on the 400 and construction on 26, GPS estimated time of arrival at 10:30.

We called at 8:30. Sheldon was not around. A lady talked to us who refused fo give us the unit code as had been agreed upon. she said it was against their policy and would call us closer to 10 which was apparently the new check in time in their ever shifting sands of check in time. I had trepidations with their ability to actually call us back, but reluctantly agreed. its not like I had any other choice.

By 9:52 with no one calling us, I was beginning to panic. what was supposed to be a nice pre-wedding weekend with my fiance, was turning into an extremely stressful exercise in futility. I called several times to the number provided us by Booking.com for Lodges at Blue Mountain and we got the same elevator music followed by message saying no one is around and they will call us back in the morning. Calls to the emergency number had a similar message.

so we emailed the address attached with a rental agreement which had miraculously appeared in my inbox the day before. A very rude individual emailed back saying we had made no effort to be there on time. SAY WHAT! several extremely rude emails later, where we were told perhaps they were not the best option for us to stay (I wholeheartedly agreed), the individual said she was already waiting for other guests, so it was ok for us to come a little later. SAY WHAT!

anyway, we make to the address on the email sent to us and the area has lodges but bi check in. I call again and get the elevator music. so I email again and lady gives us vague directions to keep driving up the road and that their sign is past the "curve in the road". we see several lodges and inns, but no sign for lodges at blue mountain. on a hunch we go turn into Mountain Springs Inn and my fiance goes into check. it was indeed the correct place.

Now begins the second part of this bizarre customer service from hell tale. We go in and the very belligerent Nina rudely chastizes us for being late and keeping her waiting. we are flabergasted and again try to explain what happened and she starts showing us their website. so I say no this is not where be booked and say please let me show you the tab where we booked. She starts screaming "DON'T COME BEHIND THE DESK! I AM GOING TO CALL SECURITY!"

At this point both my fiance and I think that is a good idea and say, please do. we wait about 45 minutes for security to arrive. Through out this time, Nina keeps screaming at us, telling us to get out and telling us she we would all DIE HERE before she let ua check in. Five seconds later she would say do you want to check in. I told her at least three times if she could remain calm for about a minute and demonstrate that our transaction would go through without drama, we would be happy to check in. she would not stay calm. And through out she kept demanding $1500 damage deposit. That amount is not on any website. And booking.com who we talked to after our ordeal confirmed that it wasn't. PLEASE NOTE, she checked in OTHER guests during this time, just refused to check us in.

Finally security arrived in the form of an older gentleman Wayne and a younger girl Kim. Wayne refused to help us or to ensure that our money was returned. He kept threatening arrest if we didn't leave.

You have to understand we are both on the wrong side of 35 and professionals, we have never been in such a situation. we thought it better to leave at that point. Nina refused to give us a reciept of our cancelation or guarantee that we wont be charged. she reiterated the only guarantee in life was death and looked at me meaningfully!

I have no idea what this woman's problem was. Maybe she didn't like my foreign sounding name or brown skin. Maybe she was having a bad hair day, but this was the worst customer service experience of my life.

Luckily we found rooms at the actual resort, despite it being Elvis Weekend, although we are paying alot more for a last minute booking. But after reading all the reviews, I am thanking god. our amazing suite at Seasons is worth the price.

And guess what the safety deposit at this 4+ star resort is? $50!

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Fatima Y
Lodgesatbluemountain, Owner at Mountain Springs Resort and Conference Centre, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
This incident is most unfortunate and escalated for no good reason. The guest booked through Booking.com and it is clearly stated on their website as well as our websites the check in times are between 4pm and 7pm. The guest called several times the day prior to arrival and spoke to no less than 3 staff members, including myself the Owner. She advised that she was going to be very late checking in stating she gets off work at 5 and lives in Toronto. Staff advised her again of our policies and she became irate hanging up several times on different staff members. Once I spoke to her she seemed to have calmed down. I assured her if she could arrive by 9, we would have staff here to assist her check in and asked her to call when she was leaving Toronto. She did not advise us and showed up a bit after 11pm. My staff did wait for her. We had over 100 check ins that day and all except her was checked in by 8pm! Upon her arrival she became very confrontational with the staff that was to check her in. Once again bringing up the issue of not knowing the check in times and how no matter what time she was to arrive we had to check her in. At one point she came behind the check in counter and harassed the staff member, refused to sign our check in package and argued again about the damage deposit. And again this damage deposit policy is clearly stated on Booking.com and our websites. My staff member then broke down and called for security as she was alone late a night and was quite scared. Security arrived to find my staff member in tears and shaking. Our staff are trained in Human Rights and workplace violence and felt this guests violated these terms and suggested if they were not going to sign in they were issued a refund and asked to leave. Security acknowledged this and asked the couple to leave. At first they refused and only when the threat of charges being laid did they agree to leave. They were given a full refund and escorted off the property. They clearly did not want to abide by our rules that 40,000 other guests do every year. Because she works for a law firm, she felt she was above the law. I am happy to share the security report that will substantiate our position.

Travellers are raving about these Blue Mountains hotels

Mississauga, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

Recently stayed in a studio suite in Mountain Springs Resort and while is not luxury brand, it is quite decent place with lots to do.
Studio is also known as bachelor apartment and it is open concept and full kitchen. While appliances are on older side ( except the fridge, that was new), everything worked great, kettle boiled water in seconds ( it seems)
We liked that there is lots to do but at the same time it is away from crazy hustle and bustle of the village, so if you just want to relax it's great too. There is an outdoor pool that is heated and outdoor hot tub ( didn't try the hot tub, too hot). It is on shuttle bus route that goes fairly often and it's free! Wi fi also worked in our room which was great ( it was little on slow side but I have stayed in some hotels that claimed great wi fi and it took an hour to send an email, so in comparison this wi fi was great)! All the kitchen supplies are provided, someone wrote that they found cans of tuna, we didn't bring any groceries ( or not much the first night), so I wish I found some food for some late night munchies. Front desk was great, very nice and professional, front desk building is very nice too. It seems that they are doing some renovations to the outside as there is some snow related wear and tear on the steps. And finally must commend the maintenance, our outside light did not work which made it bit hard to get to our unit at night and he came promptly to fix it ( I think just the light bulb blew) and he was very pleasant. Bed was on older side too, but very comfortable.

Room Tip: Bring charcoal if you wish to BBQ ( there are grills in outside common areas)