“Wonderful Weekend Getaway!”

Westin Trillium House Blue Mountain
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Blue Mountains
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 15 November 2011

My boyfriend and I spent the weekend at Blue Mountain just to get away from the city.
I always read the bad reviews before going to a hotel and I got the impression that this Westin wasn't as great as the other Westin hotels that I frequently stay in for work... However, it was wonderful.
A few things you might like to know before you go...
-Food in the Village is awful. The hotel restaurant is probably your best bet. We had a nice dinner there. The service was great, the food was pretty good, the Apple Tart was AMAZING.
-The hotel is kind of loud in the morning. There are a lot of people there with their kids and they run through the halls early in the morning. Both days we woke up early from kids screaming.
-The pool and hot tubs are great! We also went to the Scandinave Spa and found that the hot tubs at the hotel were better. (If you do decide to go to the Scandinave, make sure your insurance company is covering the massage and then you get access to the baths for free. Otherwise, the hotel sauna and pools are just as good).
-All the rooms have gas fireplaces. It's wonderful! But try to get a 1 bedroom suite because the studio room is a little small and if you plan on lounging around the room, you might want the extra space.
-The hotel staff were really friendly and helpful. I read a few bad reviews about the staff, but I think people just had one-off bad experiences. I don't think it is typical.
-There is free outdoor parking or paid underground parking. They gave us free underground parking because I didn't get my room-upgrade that I would normally get as a Gold Member of SPG.

All in all, we had a wonderful time and would recommend this place to even the fussiest of our family and friends.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,272)

Reviewed 14 November 2011

We booked a girls weekend here (5 of us) and stayed in a 2 bedroom Suite. The beds were incredibly comfortable, the hotel itself is beautiful and conveniently located right in the village.
The restaurants and pool are awesome - all of the staff are amazing and will go out of their way to insist you are enjoying your stay.

Rooms are great, with a private balcony over looking the pool and village.
There is a heated pool, so you can swim even in the coldest months. I literally cannot think of a bad thing to say, and will definitely be returning.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a pool/village view!
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 November 2011

My husband and I had never been to The Blue Mountain below and we researched where to stay and knew at the Westin it would be the best and we did have an issue with a bug in our room, it was quickly resolved and in the end we were credited for our full weekend and the General Manager went a step above and invited us back for a weekend on them to ensure we had an amazing stay. We couldn't be more pleased. The outdoor heated pool is amazing, the restaurants being on the main floor is great and the food is the best in the village with the best prices in the village for the quality of food that you are receiving.

I would totally recommend you to go, stay, play and relax @ The Westin! It is a great place for singles, couples and families! You can even bring your dog if you have one!

Book up for this winter; you will totally have a blast!

We fell in love with The Blue Mountain and we will be back for sure!

Happy Couple in the end!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 November 2011

Trillium House was fine. I was expecting a little more based on reviews, but overall the hotel and room were nice. When booking I recommend you ask for a room that does not face into the village. There are a number of bars along the little man made lake and it tends to be a bit noisy at night, even in the off times (Oct). I want to also make you aware of the "free" parking available just as you drive into the lane for the hotel. Unfortunately, we were not alerted to free parking, but were told that underground parking was $10.00 and of course valet parking, which is something we never do.Staff were very friendly and helpful and the Oliver and Bonochini Resto is always a good choice, right on site, main floor of hotel.

Reviewed 8 November 2011

The most outstanding quality about the Westin Trillium Hotel - and there are so many - is the management and the staff. The hotel manager, James Henry, has set the highest standards to insure excellent service and caring we received made us feel as if we were with family.

When some people down the hall were enjoying themselves too loudly into the night, we finally called the desk. The matter was immediately taken care of. The next morning, we received a note of apology from the night shift, Michelle and Pamela and a phone call from Sebastian, the employee manager, telling us they were not charging us for that night, giving us two breakfast vouchers, and offering to upgrade us to a lovely suite. We have never received such outstanding consideration from any hotel we have frequented. The Westin Trillium, I found out from the residents of Collingwood, has the reputation of being the top hotel in the area. We can understand why. The entire time we were there was truly wonderful!

Room Tip: The suites are lovely and quite accommodating providing all the amenities a truly comfortable stay w...
1  Thank marly929
Reviewed 2 November 2011

Have been to this resort many times and this was our annual family trip. Brought the kids and dog (pet friendly hotel!).

Check-in was quick and painless. Gold member with Starwood and was given an upgraded room. It was clean and comfy.

Restaurant was excellent. Took the family to the Ridge Mountain Roller Coaster. A little expensive but a lot of fun. Discount when you say you are staying at the hotel.

Checkout was also quick. I like how they just email you your invoice. As well... Never had to wait more than 5 mins for the car valet.

Will be back again next year for sure!

Room Tip: I like the rooms that overlook the mountain side... The pool side can be noisy.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank sjhanlon
Reviewed 31 October 2011

My wife and I went away for her birthday Oct 29th. Our stay started with pulling up to the front door and a very nice employee asked us how we were and if we were checking in. He pointed us to where we are to check in. I know this isnt hard to figure out where to check in, but it was nice to be greeted right away.

We got checked in within a few minutes, and we did the valet parking. $15 for self park, $20 for valet.

Got into our room and we loved the view of the village and pool from our room.

We got settled in, and decided to go for a walk and then dinner. It was neat walking from our hotel along the pond and into the little village. We looked around at the shops. Found things to be a bit pricey, but thats what we were expecting. The village is really nice, had a fire pit in the middle where people could sit.

We went for dinner at the C and A steak company. My wife and I arent steak experts, but we enjoyed our meals. I enjoyed my Rib Eye. My wife got the surf and turf, she found the fillet a bit tough though, she wasnt to impressed with the fillet. I also got the twice baked potato which was amazing. Dinner was $130.

There was also a fire pit and chairs just outside the hotel where people could sit and look at the pond and village.

We found our room wouldnt cool down, stayed at about 74 degrees, I had the heat turned off. Our fireplace would also only stay on for 20 seconds. I called the front desk and someone came right away to look at it. My wife and I went for a swim and the repair guy came and found us in the pool to let us know he was unable to fix the fireplace and appologized.

Checking out was easy, and the valet guy asked if we needed directions anywhere.

All in all, we enjoyed our stay. My wife is pregnant so we were unable to use the outdoor hottub, but it looked very nice!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Blue Mountains
Mountain Springs Resort and Conference Centre
Embarc Blue Mountain
Embarc Blue Mountain
#1 of 17 in Blue Mountains

Been to Westin Trillium House Blue Mountain? Share your experiences!