My boyfriend and I spent the weekend at Blue Mountain just to get away from the city.
I always read the bad reviews before going to a hotel and I got the impression that this Westin wasn't as great as the other Westin hotels that I frequently stay in for work... However, it was wonderful.
A few things you might like to know before you go...
-Food in the Village is awful. The hotel restaurant is probably your best bet. We had a nice dinner there. The service was great, the food was pretty good, the Apple Tart was AMAZING.
-The hotel is kind of loud in the morning. There are a lot of people there with their kids and they run through the halls early in the morning. Both days we woke up early from kids screaming.
-The pool and hot tubs are great! We also went to the Scandinave Spa and found that the hot tubs at the hotel were better. (If you do decide to go to the Scandinave, make sure your insurance company is covering the massage and then you get access to the baths for free. Otherwise, the hotel sauna and pools are just as good).
-All the rooms have gas fireplaces. It's wonderful! But try to get a 1 bedroom suite because the studio room is a little small and if you plan on lounging around the room, you might want the extra space.
-The hotel staff were really friendly and helpful. I read a few bad reviews about the staff, but I think people just had one-off bad experiences. I don't think it is typical.
-There is free outdoor parking or paid underground parking. They gave us free underground parking because I didn't get my room-upgrade that I would normally get as a Gold Member of SPG.
All in all, we had a wonderful time and would recommend this place to even the fussiest of our family and friends.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Trillium House, Blue Mountain, just two hours northwest of Toronto is nestled between the shores of Georgian Bay and the heights of the Niagara Escarpment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Westin Trillium House Blue Mountain reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Trillium House Blue Mountain Hotel Blue Mountains
- Westin Collingwood
- Westin Trillium Hotel Blue Mountain
- Collingwood Westin
- Westin Trillium House Blue Mountain Blue Mountains, Canada - Ontario