“Management was not quick to resolve issue”

Westin Trillium House Blue Mountain
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Blue Mountains
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Management was not quick to resolve issue”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013

The resort is beautiful, we came with family to spend our thanks giving weekend here as well as our wedding anniversary. As soon as we got into our room however , we noticed that all three televisions weren't working and we called downstairs to have it fixed. The gentleman who came was very kind but couldn't fix it, now this was into late evening where we really wanted to unwind and have the kids unwind too and we were frustrated. We were told that the gentleman would come back to try and fix it but it was just too late to wait- we needed to get kids to bed. When my husband asked to have our room changed, the manager wasn't so forthcoming. First we were told that there weren't any rooms, and if it weren't for my husband persistency, we wouldn't have eventually gotten a new room. The point is; customers shouldn't feel like they're a nuisance for asking to switch rooms, especially if there is something wrong with the room.

Room Tip: 5th floor is modern and up to date
Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Fretheriki

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (312)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013

My wife and I stayed over the weekend with our little dog 'Tilly' along with 3 other rooms with family in them and had a great stay. Before I go on, I want to recognize Taylar and the Valet Team! They were very hospitable and took good care of all of us. I don't think a smile dropped once! They were happy, outgoing, and really understood what service was all about. I was very impressed.
The rooms were large (suites) on the ground floor which was perfect for our Dogs. They had sliding doors to the outside with a small patio, table and chairs.
The Bathrooms are large, and were spotlessly clean! The bedrooms were also very comfortable. When they say heavenly beds,...they mean it! They were very nice and I didn't want to get up in the morning.
They have a great restaurant in the lobby called Oliver and Bonacini which was also very good, and left us very full.
Parking is underground which is good, and I know a real bonus when the winter comes.
I will definitely use the Westin Trillium again and would not hesitate to recommend the property to my friends and family. We had a great experience!

Room Tip: If you have a dog! No problem!... they have rooms on the ground floor to accommodate.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013 via mobile

Blue Mountain Wessex hotel is in a stunning location! The outside hot tub is lovely, especially in the evening! The room we stayed in on level 4 was newly renovated, clean and very spacious! Would definitely recommend this place! Would love to come back when it's snowing!!! If your going to Blue Mountain at any time, this is a great place to stay!

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

Just came home from Westin Trillium Blue Mountain - our first visit to the hotel and to the village. We had an excellent time. The room was very nice - well equipped and comfortable - has everything - fridge, microwave, glasses etc. Had a balcony - facing front of building and a bit of the mountain - very nice. We really enjoyed the short walk to the shops, restaurants, and entertainment. We were lucky to be able to enjoy the Apple Festival - specially enjoyed the live music Sunday!! This is an awesome hotel - cant wait to return.

Toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

This was my first time visiting Blue Mountain village and all I can say is wow. I don't think I could stay anyplace other than the Westin if the budget allowed it! Driving to the resort at night and viewing it from the road had a 'Fairmont' feel to it (like a mini-Banff). Beautiful hotel and spacious accommodations. Had I known about this place earlier, I would be frequenting here with my toddler...sorry Niagra-on-the-lake! This place definitely tailors to families and I encourage anyone to try it once -especially with the wee ones. The thanksgiving weekend featured festivities throughout the village. The proximity to the Westin made refilling bottles with milk and diaper changes much easier. I was only able to experience the studio (deluxe?) room with one queen bed and sleeper sofa. I think putting three bodies inside the room is pushing it. I would have opted for the one bedroom but was informed they were sold out. Next time, I'm staying in a 1 or 2 bedroom if the rate is right. I checked for Jan 2014...rates are steep. I can see why!

Loved the kids club room with the toys (no need to bring your own) but maybe they could be 'refreshed' with more activities. Only thing really missing is a toddler pool...that would have been nice to have. The regular pool was just a bit too cold. Didn't go to the adjacent aquatic plunge centre but next time I'll try it in warmer weather - looks like fun.

They gave me a diaper Genie but no bags...housekeeping knew nothing about it. Oh well...we returned it unused.

If Westin wants to take the next step to becoming extraordinary an added wow factor is being able to anticipate your guests needs...like giving bags for the garbage for diapers. I'm sure I could ask but I kept forgetting because I usually pack my own extra bags. A welcome amenity for kids/toddlers would be cute too...sorry spoiled by Fairmont!

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

We all liked the good layout and felt that the suites were clean and very well-equipped rooms (full kitchen!). The staff were friendly and helpful. We didn't much like the extra charges for parking and wi-fi.

Vaughan, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013

We went with another family to Blue Mountain this summer for 2 night's.
The location of this hotel is great it's in the village.
If you don't want to pay to park the car at the hotel there is a dirt parking lot about a 4min walk from the main entrance.
The room we had was big enough for us 2 adults 2 kid's (that sleep on a sofa bed) if you have a baby under 2 you could also sleep in this room but with three kids it would not be possible.
The rooms had a small kitchenet which was very helpfull and there is a small play room and game room on the main floor.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
The Lodges at Blue Mountain
The Lodges at Blue Mountain
#3 of 16 in Blue Mountains
Mountain Springs Resort and Conference Centre

Been to Westin Trillium House Blue Mountain? Share your experiences!