“Won us Back!”

Westin Trillium House Blue Mountain
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Blue Mountains
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 14 April 2014

This was my fourth stay at Westin Trillium house, I stayed with my wife and kids. This was our first visit to Blue Mountain during the off season, so the resort was unusually empty, walking around the village it felt more like a ghost town than a resort area. During our last visit to Westin (August 2013), my wife and I were slightly disappointed, we felt that the place was starting to show excess wear, the hallways had worn wall sconces with yellow and burnt lampshades causing the halls to feel all gloomy, and the rooms needed to be refreshed. So when I booked Westin this time I was pleasantly surprised to see that they changed all the corridor lighting, and updated the room (I am not sure if all the rooms have all been updated). These changes helped the place feel more in keeping with the room rates, being the most expensive place to stay in the village I feel that it should not feel run down. With that being said our two nights stay was excellent, they even gave me a 3pm checkout at no charge. They really won me back with this visit and I will be recommending and staying at the Westin again in the future.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Steve P
Stacy M, General Manager at Westin Trillium House Blue Mountain, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

I am so pleased that you enjoyed our renovated rooms, November 2013 saw the completion of renovations on all our guest rooms, corridors, and public space. We look forward to welcoming you back to The Westin and appreciate all your recommendations. Thank You!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,286)

Reviewed 9 April 2014

The stay was a birthday gift. It was even better than I thought it would be. The rooms are great, beds are comfy. The outdoor pool and hot tubs are good any time of the year. Views are great. Close walk to the village. Overall a very nice place to stay for the weekend.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the village. If you get one on the other side the view is really not that gre...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Stacy M, General Manager at Westin Trillium House Blue Mountain, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

I am pleased we were able to exceed your expecations, and thank you for choosing our hotel for your birthday! We enjoy playing host location for special occassions!

Reviewed 7 April 2014

We were a group of 8 ladies celebrating a birthday. From our arrival until our departure the costumer service was outstanding! Our suite was decorated with decorations that one of our friend sent by courier one week prior to our arrival. Sarah Terry - Front Desk attendant was extremely helpful and accommodating. The birthday girl received a greeting card with a box of chocolate signed by the Service Express staff which was a lovely gesture!
We can confirm that the beds -Heavenly Bed- are in deed outstanding!
We will definitely used this amazing place for our celebrations!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Just stayed at the Westin for one night and overall, it was a good hotel. It was clean, good layout, nice rooms and bedding. There were only a few things that I thought could be improved. First, the parking situation. I was told that just past the hotel, there is an outdoor lot that you could park for free. When i got there, the pot holes were huge and it was pretty much a muddy pit. We were all filthy by the time we got out of the car and walked to the hotel. Later when we were returning from elsewhere, we went to park and the lot was full. I ended up having to go the hotel and using the valet anyway. Do yourselves a favour and just pay for the valet or the underground parking from the moment you arrive. Second, the TVs in the hotel are awful. To change the channel, you have to press the buttons forever while sticking you arm straight up over your head. It was torture to try to watch TV. Last, the fireplace in the room did not work. We ended up having to call the front desk but this was minor, and maintenance came up quickly to fix it. Overall it was a lovely stay and I would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Stacy M, General Manager at Westin Trillium House Blue Mountain, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2014

I am pleased to learn that overall our facilities, you had a lovely stay and that you would return. Which of course we hope is soon. In regards to the parking lot adjacent to the hotel, I agree with you after the long winter this year the parking lot is not ideal. I will speak to our service express agents and disuade them from recommending as a free parking alternative as the area is not owned by the Westin nor is it maintained by the hotel so we have limited control over the experience it provides for our guests. With regards to the TV's, I can understand your frustration. It is acutally not the TV, recently the technology for the systems that provide our on demand movies and cable have changed. We have an update on this technology, being done by a third party, schedule for later this spring. So I'm pleased to inform that if you return for a visit this summer you will see the speed in which the channels deliver improved.

Reviewed 4 April 2014 via mobile

My husband, son and I stayed 2 nights. We checked in and as we opened the bedroom door, the handle came right off. My husband tried to fix it but the whole door was not aligned so the door wouldn't shut even if the handle was on. Seeing as our toddler gets into everything, we wanted to be able to shut the doors when we were in the living area, so we wouldn't have to chase after him, into all the rooms. We called the front desk and they sent up a repair person. We spent 30 minutes waiting while this repair man chiseled out the frame, put the handle back on etc. This individual was a smoker and the entire condo smelled like cigarettes. Seeing as I am pregnant and very sensitive to scents right now, I was not happy(nothing against smokers). 30 minutes into our stay the repairman was still there, there was dust and dirt from the work. My husband went down to front desk. He told front desk that I am allergic to smoke and we have spent the first 30 min of our stay with a repairman in our room. The response was "I'm so sorry. So are you here to check out the lobby?" My husband explained that he was not satisfied and requested a different room and we were upgraded to a 2 bedroom at no extra cost which we appreciated. The 2 bedroom was much nicer and brighter than the 1 bedroom we had booked. I should mention that the kitchenette sink in our original room was dirty, actual pieces of food in the sink. Even the 2 bedroom was less than impressive though. Even in the 2 bedroom, none of the doors closed...none of them lined up with the frame so we did end up chasing our toddler around. We just found the rooms to be cheap. The TVs were very outdated and the remotes were so slow, perhaps the batteries were low?
The hotel was quiet because this is their slow season. That was nice, as we wanted a relaxing stay.
Would not stay here again. Not impressed and I'm confident there are better hotels/resorts in the village.

Stayed: April 2014

I am disappointed to learn that you will not return to The Westin based upon your recent experience. I can understand, as we clearly failed to deliver the quality of stay you expected. I am also a non-smoker and asthmatic so I relate to how the smell of smoke would negatively impact your experience. As a non-smoking property this should not occur, you can ensure we will discuss it with our associate. I offer you my personal apologies for our failure to deliver upon our usual Westin experience. If you wish to dicuss further please do not hesitate to contact me directly at smanning@westinbluemountain.com.

Reviewed 2 April 2014 via mobile

Once again we found ourselves back at the at the Westin. This is our hotel of choice and only choice for staying at Blue Mountain.

The service was impeccable as the other stays we have had here. The pool was a good temperature for this time of year. All of our requests were met promptly and very politely.

This is a hotel that goes the extra mike to give you the best experience.

We were once again upgraded to a king size bed room at no extra charge and had room service the first night which was outstanding. It is a must for at least one night of anyone's stay.

I will keep staying at this hotel as my one of choice and great job to all the staff who are beyond friendly and helpful
Great job Westin chain

Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank 4Laura44

I am so very pleased to learn that our associates and facilities continue to meet your expectations. We hope to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed 31 March 2014

All beds are quiet small and uncomfortable.TV is a piece of junk! You need to keep pushing the remote control for a minute or so to change the channel.Price is so high comparing for what you get.
Also as a golden member (Starwood) FORGET all your benefits !

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

I can see from your comments your stay did not meet with your expectations and we failed to recognize your gold benefits. I am disappointed to hear you did not enjoy your stay. For this oversight, please accept my personal apologies this is clearly not how a Westin experience should feel. I am also sorry that we are not able to improve upon your comfort as we do not offer larger than queen beds in our Deluxe rooms or One Bedroom Suites. King sized beds are only available in our Two Bedroom Suites. If you have a desire to discuss further please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly at smanning@westinbluemountiain.com.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Blue Mountains
Mountain Springs Resort and Conference Centre
Embarc Blue Mountain
Embarc Blue Mountain
#1 of 17 in Blue Mountains

Been to Westin Trillium House Blue Mountain? Share your experiences!