“Nice property but SPG level should be downgraded”

Westin Trillium House Blue Mountain
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Blue Mountains
GreenLeadersBronze level
Arlington
“Nice property but SPG level should be downgraded”
Reviewed 8 August 2014

I am an SPG gold member and have stayed at Westin properties throughout the world. The property is very beautiful but when the Westin Trillium and Westin Beaver Creek are put within the same category, I believe a review is in order.

Pros: Room was very nice and onsite facilities were nice as well. Location to main village was excellent.

Cons: Front desk services are extremely curt and rude. Hotel checked us into the smallest available room and hotel informed us that we would have adjoining rooms. Adjoining rooms not available at hotel and I spoke to manager who provided us with a 2 bedroom suite. The two bedroom suite keeps me rating at a three star, otherwise, I would have given the hotel a 2 star rating. The hotel is extremely loud at night and myself and children heard the noises of screaming kids and doors slamming until 1-2 AM. Housekeeping provided the bare minimum services. The final blow for me was a simple request for an extended checkout from 11AM to 12PM. As an SPG Gold, I have never been denied this request. The front desk agent named Sara was extremely curt and rude.

Bottom Line: Nice facility if you are a property owner but be prepared for some late night noise, management that treats you like your at an overcrowded motel but very convenient access to village.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank knected

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (319)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Mississauga
Reviewed 7 August 2014

During our first visit to Blue Mountain we were fortunate enough to make the right choice to stay at this hotel. We had a room which over looked the mountain and not the pool/village. This was a perfect choice for us. It was the "quiet" side of the hotel where we did not hear any sounds from the poolside fun nor the music in the village. The rooms were fabulous and clean. I liked how the hotel offered incentives for those guests who wished to "go green". For every day that you declined housekeeping, you were given either a $5 coupon towards food in the village or 500 SPG points - your choice. We also purchased the breakfast plan which worked out great for us. The hotel breakfast was YUCK!! The food was cold and not flavourful at all. When given the bill, the server proceeded to tell me that the hotel only gave her a 1 cent tip. I had planned on leaving her a tip but, to be reminded of that made me feel uncomfortable. We were also given a second option for breakfast at the Sunset Grill. That breakfast was incredible and well worth the walk! We would definitely stay at the Westin again. All staff was friendly and very knowledgable. Thanks for an amazing visit.

Room Tip: One bedroom is not really worth the extra money unless you want the extra space.
Green Features: Love the go green program where you can decline housekeeping for free rewards.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Mushroom45
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 7 August 2014

This hotel was very good with free wifi and it's right beside the Blue Mountains. There's a outdoor pool. The indoor pool is owned by a another company not the hotel so there's really no indoor pool at all. I would suggest you coming here if your visting Blue mountains in Collingwood

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thunder Bay, Canada
Reviewed 6 August 2014

First things first: This is the only hotel in Blue Mountain Village itself that is not a hotel WITHIN all the shops, it stands alone. All the other hotels are above all the shops. This one is on an opposite side of a pond, which I particularly liked.
Parking was odd, you could pay $30 for underground parking OR park in a big field... we didn't pay for parking, we used the field, which was fine, just odd..
Check-in was good, quick, and finding our room was quite simple. We got a one room Suite, which was beautiful, had a kitchenette and all, but for a one night stay- we didn't use. It did however have everything you would need to prepare a meal in there.
Beds and pillows were very clean and unbelievably comfy. I'm still considering buying one now that I am at home.
They have an outdoor pool and hottub that are open late, which was great considering we were out and about most of the evening. They were however hard to find. Behind a creepy, unlabeled door.
We didn't use the restaurant at all so unfortunately I cannot speak to that, But for the price paid, we were surprised that some sort of breakfast was not provided. That was my one downside.
I do believe I will return to Blue Mountain, and stay at the Westin Trillium again, in a bigger suite, and share with another couple.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank mannstac
chicago
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

We just returned last week from our family vacation and we can't say enough good things about the Westin and Blue Mountain Village. Great big rooms with kitchenettes which is very helpful as restaurants are very pricey for a family of six! Our one bedroom suite with den had three, yes three, flat screen tv's which our kids loved. We were on the fourth floor with a perfect view of the pond, mountain, and village off of our balcony. Watching the sun set over the Blue Mountain was so pretty. The hotel is modern, clean, and perfectly located. You can walk to all of the fun that the village has to offer as well as all of the outdoor activities on the mountain. I would suggest that water should be offered to all guests sitting poolside as most resorts do, keeping to pool warmer as it was very cold, and maybe cleaning the pool a bit better...the water was cloudy. However, we had a fab week and will return!

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank kittyc117
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for three nights while in Blue Mountain. Room was nicely laid out with a little kitchenette. Was relatively clean. We didn't get a balcony and our room was miles away from the elevator. All the staff we encountered were quite helpful and friendly. There is quite a bit to do at the resort but I would suggest going into town to eat. All the restaurants we tried were overpriced and the service not that great. You get more bang for your buck in town.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Stacey G
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

Like some of the other recent guests on here, my wife and I were greeted with abnormal chilly august weather but that didn't stop us from having a 10 outta 10 vacation. Great Hotel! Great View! Minutes to the village and all activities. Thank you Westin for a vacation that my wife will remember. And a happy wife translates to a extremely happy husband lol

Stayed August 2014
Embarc Blue Mountain
Embarc Blue Mountain
#1 of 16 in Blue Mountains
Mountain Springs Resort and Conference Centre

Been to Westin Trillium House Blue Mountain? Share your experiences!