Westin Trillium House Blue Mountain
US$203
US$146
Savings alert! 34% below average rates

The price you found is 34% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$221/night.

Blue Mountain Inn(Blue Mountains)
Travelocity
US$172
Agoda.com
Meaford Motel & Restaurant(Meaford)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 01/06
Book now, pay at stay
US$79
US$110
  • Fitness centre
Mosaic(Blue Mountains)
TripAdvisor
1,330 results
All reviewso bone bedroom suiteoliver bonaciniheavenly bedspg memberhot tubstarbucks coffeehotel restaurantoutdoor poolsmall kitchenettelate checkhotel is beautifuloverlooking the villageski lockersmini kitchendining tableunderground parking
Reviewed 25 May 2009

My boyfriend and I stayed in a one bedroom suite over the May long weekend and had a very relaxing time at the Westin Trillium. At the suggestion of others, we requested a view of the town, which was much more interesting to look at than the bare snowless mountain.

We checked in just before 4pm as the cars started lining up in the driveway. It's a bit of a zoo and a rush to the front desk, so get there early if you can. The check-in process was smooth, finding the underground parking was easy and it was a direct ride in the elevator to our floor. Our room was at the end of the long corridor, which was a bit of a pain, but there are clean and well lit stairwells at each end that we used to access the town and the back hiking trails.

Our room was super clean and well equipped. It's almost the size of our apartment! We loved the fire place, kitchenette and huge bathroom. If it had been warmer, we would've spent time on the patio too.

While the room was nice, it wasn't very soundproof. You can't hear much when you're in the back bedroom, but you can definitely hear people talking in the hallway. There were a lot of families with young children at the resort, which just meant a lot of early waking kids running in the hallway. Also, if you don't want to be woken up by loud and persistent housekeeping, be sure to put the 'do not disturb' sign on your door before you go to bed. They start their rounds at 9am and from what I could hear, they pound at every door that they think might be empty.

We had breakfast at the Oliver & Bonacini restaurant at the hotel, which I totally recommend. They have a buffet which we passed up, and though the brunch menu is limited, the food and service were great.

Overall, a great stay at Westin!

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank teedTraveller
Reviewed 16 March 2009

My girlfriend and I stayed at the hotel for one night onMarch 7. As a Starwood preferred guest I got a great deal that was as good as or better than those on the discount sites, but I booked straight from the hotel website. You can sign up on the site before booking and get the deals right away. Check in was at 4pm but we arrived a bit later and all the other guests seemed to be eating in the restaurant so we were in our rooms within minutes. This was where the first little negative happened. There was free parking in a lot out back but it was pouring rain and it was muddy back there not to mention the lot was full and people were parked in the driveway. So the only real option was to either pay $15 for the self park underground or $20 for the valet service. We went with the valet and it turned out to be great but I wasn't prepared to pay to park. We called down as we were ready to leave the room and asked to have my car ready. Well, the halls are LONG. I mean it when I say they are long, and the elevators are right in the middle. When we got to the lobby my car was there ready for me both times I needed it brought up. I would recommend the valet over self-park for the convenience and its only $5 more but the underground parking should be included in the room rate.

The "deluxe" room I believe is just the standard room but it was really nice. There was a queen bed with a fireplace and a sitting area with a couch, chair and tables. A small kitchenette with a sink, fridge, microwave and all the dishes and cutlery you could need is provided. There was also a nice table with two chairs for eating at. The bed was VERY comfortable. We had sliding glass doors that opened to the outside but there was a railing and no balcony. Other rooms had balconies but in the winter we didn't need that. The rooms look really modern but the TV was a big old box model not an LCD or Plasma that you would expect. The bathroom was nice and there was an in-room safe free of charge. Bring your own snacks it was expensive for the crap in your room. We were provided with robes but no slippers! Normally I could care less but the pool is outside so we had to wear our shoes without socks. The heated pool and jacuzzi were both awesome. It was cold and misty outside but in the pool the temp was 84 and 104 in the hot tub.
The hotel is right in the Blue Mountain Village and has a nice view if you are on the Village side of the hotel. I wouldn't recommend getting a mountain view as there is nothing to see. You can literally walk out the side door (where the ski lockers are), cross a path and get on the ski lifts, the location can't be beat.
We didn't eat at the restaurant but it looked nice and it was packed. There are a bunch of options in the village and even a Pita Pit. We drove into Collingwood and ate at the Boston Pizza and watched the UFC since it was the only place around airing it. Internet was an additional in-room charge but was free at the Boston Pizza.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank SteelcityHammer
Reviewed 8 March 2009

First of all, the place is very nice and everyone at front desk if fabulous.
The Complaints:
After a full day of skiing and coming back to our room at 4:15p.m. none of the beds were made, room hasn't even been touched by housekeeping. We had to hang out in the lobby in our ski gear while housekeeping cleaned the room (we bought a day pass till 4:30p.m. otherwise we would have just kept skiing). The reasoning given to us as to why the room wasn't cleaned yet was 'they take care of the people checking in first before they take care of guests already staying so this is common and our patience would be appreciated. ' This is clearly a management problem since we did see housekeeping and they working the whole time!
$8 to use the coffee maker! Bring you own coffee or just walk to starbucks and 2 latte's will be cheaper than $8 the hotel will charge you to brew your own coffee!
Postives, the facilities are great, staff is friendly the outdoor pool and hotub are really enjoyable. The gym had cardio equipment and looked onto pool area but doesn't have any weights of any kind (sorry guys!).
Overall, we did enjoy our stay.
Note: there are no liquor stores anywhere in the village, the closest small LCBO is a 5 minutes drive, the bigger one is an 8 minute drive.
The village market only sells PC brand pop and some pepsi, so if you are a die hard for Coca cola products like myself, bring them with you because even the restaurants are all pepsi (and all the vending machines too!)

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank kath_75
Reviewed 8 March 2009

We stayed in Westin Trillium House for our 2nd anniversary. We enjoyed it very much. Our room was facing the village at blue mountain. We had steak and lobster dinner at one of the restaurant in the village, can't remember what's it called but it had a jazz theme. They have the steak lobster dinner for $25 only!! We're very pleased with our stay.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ICtravellers
Reviewed 25 February 2009

Planned a ski trip here 9 months ago with my family. Booked a room for 6 people but when we arrived the hotel tried to offer us a room for 4. After telling us the hotel was fully booked they magically found a room for 6 which is what we booked in the first place.

Front desk had a very poor attitude, the most unhelpful I have encountered in a Starwood property.

Hotel facilities were very good however and location excellent.

Stayed: February 2009, travelled with family