“I would avoid this Hotel in future !”

Ranked #14 of 25 Hotels in Klang
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I called earlier to enquire regards booking but the male receptionist said no need to book , just walk in ! Ok , noted that ! Walked in at 430pm , sure enough rooms available . Cheapest RM 108 nett for Standard Room No Breakfast , no problem with that . Took up 2 nights ! TERRIBLY BIG MISTAKE ! Room 506 was terribly small , hot ( facing the setting sun ) and the air conditioning ( an individual split unit ) was terrible although set to max fan and lowest temp ! Bed was ok but the linens were too small ! Sleep was ok too ! Hygiene for bathroom was passable ! Internet access is totally non existant ! Oh ... by the way I called up the reception to report a blown single wall bulb and guess what ? The male receptionist told me to insert the card properly ! What a joke ! Do they ever teach you to listen properly in school ? I would not recommend anyone to stay here ! You can find better value elsewhere in Klang ! The 2 Plus Points were the lady receptionist was extremely helpful and efficient , cannot remember her name but I guess she was the only lady there and the big car park but sometimes when they have an event , it would be full house of cars !

Room Tip: Avoid the rooms facing the evening Sun , my 506 was a Direct Hit !
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
histana, Guest Relations Manager at Klang Histana Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Dear Mr. Tan,

Very pleasant indeed to have a chance to speak to you over the phone today (7-7-2014).
Your effort to write/share a detailed account of experience during your recent stay at our hotel is very much appreciated.

As said, we will immediately arrange our maintenance personnel to check the air-conditioner concerned and carry out necessary servicing work or if need be change a new unit. At the same time, we will also see to it that all other amenities are in good order such as lightings, internet service etc on the day of your stay, we registered full occupancy (as you also noticed). Otherwise, we would have easily changed another room for you.

Meanwhile, we thank you for your positive opinion with regards to our ample free parking space as well as the availability of numerous food outlets all within walking distance from the hotel.

Your willingness to consider staying at our hotel again in the near future is most heartening. We look forward to welcome you.

Warmest regards,
Raymond Ng,
Klang Histana Hotel.

Reviewed 15 April 2013

Stayed once in this hotel two years and echoed other reviewer's sentiment. Have returned to stay one night here and actually found some improvement. The room is cleaner, there is a fast complimentary wifi in-room and the hotel corridor and lift area are better lit and decorated.
However, the room's bedding (comforter), towel, carpet, and curtain are still old but not smelly. The comforter has really past its due and felt a bit abrasive. Another problem in the room is mosquitoes and ants. I had a few annoying bites here and there.
For a RM100 for a superior room, there are of course other options out there. But, I would say that I will not pull this hotel out of the list yet.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Asrul
Reviewed 5 February 2013

i want stay here wif my family last week......when i called them 2 weeks ago to reserve rooms only reply is we have alot of rooms u can walk in.1 day before i wan check in i called them to guarantee with credit card but one lady who answered my call said we cant take your reservation because we accept walk in only and she say (siapa cepat dia dapat).i said to her im conform coming to the hotel why you juz take credit card number.she keep on repeating siapa cepat di dapat like selling
fish at wet market.......when i reach klang i called to only to informed rooms is fully booked .lousy,lazy staff spoiled my trip..............

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank JOHNBULLET
histana, Guest Relations Manager at Klang Histana Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2013

Dear Sir,

Thank you for highlighting the difficulty you faced in your attempt to book hotel room at our hotel recently. Please allow us to explain that based on yearly trend, December and January are always seasonal peak periods for our hotel business. As such, we only accept bookings on walk-in basis, according to availability of rooms at time of check-in.

We extend our sincere apology if our staff had not handled your enquiry satisfactorily.

We welcome you to stay at our hotel anytime in future when you are in Klang.

Meanwhile, we would be most ready to provide further clarification if you kindly let us know your contact (email or telephone). Alternatively,
you may wish to contact me via info@histanahotel.com.my or PM me at raymondng@histanahotel.com.my

Reviewed 27 January 2013

I stayed at this hotel for the first time and it wasnt a pleasant stay >.<

Pros:
- It's beside Klang Centro, which is convenient for some light shopping and there are eateries there that you can go source for your meals.
- The service was good and fast. Check-in wasnt a problem.
- Room rates were cheap and affordable

Cons:
- The hotel is situated behind a Chinese restaurant and if you are walking to/fro the hotel, be wary of the dark side lane which was very unsafe. At one point, there were questionable characters hanging around there and I was forced to gate-crashed someone's wedding by walking through the Chinese restaurant where the wedding was held @__@ My safety comes first and if you are a single female traveller, be wary!
- The room is dusty and there were ants on my table. After I threw away some of the sugar packets, then only the ants went away.
- The bathroom was just passable. Some of the amenities there were in need of repairs.
- The room looked like it hadnt been lived in for a while.
- The bed sheet and the mattress need a good cleaning. I was bitten on the knee by some unknown insect when I was sleeping.
- There isnt privacy from the room I got cuz it faced Klang Centro directly. I had to keep my curtains drawn all the time.
- The most shocking thing was I happened to be in the same lift with some scantily-clad female foreigners who went to the hotel's spa. I tried my best to give them benefit of the doubt but with the hotel's spa's decor resembling a red light district's "massage centre", I cant help it. These foreigners were smoking in the lift and it was a very uncomfortable experience.

I stayed there this month was because I was meeting up with some friends there and this hotel was the nearest to their homes. If I have the choice, I wont be staying there again.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
9  Thank Melur
Reviewed 20 August 2012

As usual, it's a nice hotel with a nice view :) Friendly reception staff, who asked if our room was to our liking when they saw us again after check-in.

When you're there, you must try the Pao Xiang Bah Kut Teh at Centro mall next door. I hear it's quite famous, and they sell out quickly.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank bbbeat
Reviewed 3 January 2012

Its the most teribble and incredibly dirty and disgusting hotel . I would not want to go back there anymore . I git sick for a month after staying there. The staff there were not friendly . Rooms were very outdated . I dont mind if its outdated actually.as long as its clean . But its extremely dirty.very dusty.the curtain seems like never been wash . the bedsheets have stains . Comforter seems like never been wash . Bed is worn out.u will roll to the middle of the queen size bed . You can hear exactly what the next room people is doing . Its a "unclean" hotel so you will see many "Unclean" people around which is not good for kids . Its like a hotel in the centre of Patong Phuket . i defitnly will not recomend any one to go there .

Room Tip: No good rooms there . No non smoking rooms . all smells smoke and smells alcohol and smells "Un...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
4  Thank Bepau
histana, Guest Relations Manager at Klang Histana Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2012

Thank you very much for highlighting the discomfort you had experienced during your recent stay at our hotel. We wish to stress that cleanliness/staff friendliness have always been our utmost concern and we sincerely apologize if we had overlooked in this respect during your stay here.

It would be most appreciated if you give us an opportunity to speak to you personally to enable us to extend our apology and at the same time to exchange ideas on ways to improve our overall hotel service.

Meanwhile, we would like to share with you the latest measures taken to enhance our hotel service further as follow:
1. ASTRO service (Cable TV) will be available at our hotel effective end of March 2012 as an additional benefit for our room guests.
2. Furniture up-grading is in progress on phase by phase basis
We look forward to hear from you soon and welcome you back to our hotel in the near future!

Reviewed 1 December 2011

My bag has been snatched when I walked to the car park which just in front of the hotel front door! The owner of the hotel was there when the incident happened. He did not want to explain why there was no guard on duty and he did not even care. My knees and arms was injured. We have made an police report! BEWARE ON YOUR BELONGINGS WHILE YOU WALK TO THE CAR PARK

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Esther T
histana, Guest Relations Manager at Klang Histana Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2012

Hi Esther,

We express our most sincere regrets over the snatch theft case at the hotel carpark during your stay here recently. Based on staff feedback, we had rendered you all necessary assistance , including the arrangement of making police report.

We take very serious view of the incident and have immediately tightened our security system with additional security guard recruitments. At the same time, police have also responded well to our request by conducting patrols around our hotel area on regular basis.

By the way, please allow us to correct your mistaken impression. The hotel owner was not present at the hotel at the time of incident. We believe this is a case of mis-identity.

Sincerely, we look forward to welcome you back to our hotel again..