“Little Gem of a Hotel”

The Lennox Lea Hotel
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Sale
Reviewed 12 December 2013

I stayed here for 2 weeks whilst attending a course in Sale . It was without doubt the best value hotel I have ever stayed in . The staff were very friendly and helpful .Being a single woman I preferred to eat in my room and the owner gave me lots of advice about local eateries and take- away establishments . He was so nice that when I had a curry take away he provided me with cutlery and china to ensure I enjoyed my food . The breakfast are LEGEND! Full English not for the faint hearted. .The staff were very flexible and they would bend over backwards to make sure you had what you wanted . My room was a small single ,very clean ,good quality bedding ,good tele with most channels . Perfect for my 2 week stay . Plenty of free, safe parking. I would have no hesitation in recommending the lovely friendly family run hotel . Thanks for a great stay .

Room Tip: Some of the rooms have been renovated and looked very nice . I had one of the older single rooms at...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
muckle1, Owner at The Lennox Lea Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2013

Good morning Jane P,
The best bit about this review is where you say about the owner 'being so nice!' That's me!!
Yippee do, you have made us all so happy with your brilliant review. We loved the bit about our 'Legend' breakfasts aswell.
If only all the customers were like you!!
Have a very Merry Christmas & peaceful New Year.
Mike & Joanna & all the little helpers

Reviewed 9 December 2013

Having previously stayed at the Lennox Lea Hotel on business, I was confident that the hotel would welcome myself and my mum on a short break to Manchester......and we were not dissapointed! From the moment we arrived, Mike, Joanna and the staff did everything they could to make the trip special.
I had booked a Superior room, but on arrival I was offered the new "Garden Apartment", which is absolutely fabulous! The beautifully renovated apartment is on the groung floor. It's very spacious, stylish, clean and comfortable....and feels very private. You really wouldn't think you were in the middle of Sale, as it's so peaceful!
To top off the evening theatre trip to the Royal Exchange, I booked a chauffeur driven Bentley (driven by Mike) into the City, to start the evening off with some class!! Mike was prompt, attentive, stylish and extremely professional. It made the whole weekend for my mum and myself very special!
The following morning, we went to the restaurant for breakfast, which was beautifully cooked and served by very friendly waitresses.
Thanks to all the staff, who made the weekend very welcoming and relaxing for my mum.As my mum later described........."When you arrive, it's like the hotel gives you a big hug!"
We'll definately be booking the garden apartment again.......Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Always choose one of the bigger rooms, if possible.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
muckle1, Owner at The Lennox Lea Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

Dear Merukili,
Wowza what a fantastic review! We are so pleased you enjoyed your pre Christmas break & the Chauffeur driven Bentley to the Theatre. I think I enjoyed just as much as you.
Hope you two have a very merry Christmas & wish you all the best for a peaceful new year.
All the very best Parker (your personal Chauffeur)
PS Don't forget for next time, from only £50 I can take you in the Bentley for any trip within a 5 mile radius from the Hotel! ( Airport, Theatre, Old Trafford, Etihad stadium, Phones4u Arena, Trafford Centre etc)

Reviewed 23 November 2013

It has been almost two months I had returned from UK and it has been at the back of my head that I want to write this review.
Firstly,
1. Very budget friendly hotel. Worth every dime spend and you simply just can't beat their price and will be surprised by the neat quality you get for the money.
2. It's in a very quiet place and ideal for travelers like me who like to work in a peaceful environment.
3. That doesn't mean that you don't have places to go. The Sale center is just walking distance from the hotel, the Sale tram/railway station is walking distance from the hotel and connectivity to other places is easy.
4. The owners/staff who run the hotel are localites. So, they know the place, whereabouts in detail and give you good advice. Very helping and friendly staff. Gives you a warm feeling being around.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
muckle1, Owner at The Lennox Lea Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Hi Spatik,
Thank you so much for your review. It really made us happy.
Look forward to seeing you next year.
Best regards & all the best for a merry Christmas.
Mike & Joanna

Reviewed 19 November 2013

Excellent budget friendly hotel, plenty of free parking. Close to Sale Town Centre and only a tram ride from Manchster city centre.
Warm friendly service and plenty of local advice, maps, info on offer.
We will be back...

Room Tip: Try booking direct as more offers may be available
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
muckle1, Owner at The Lennox Lea Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2013

Morning John J,
Your review does exactly what it says on the tin!
And great tip about booking direct. You get the same rate as a booking agent but get a full English breakfast instead of a continental breakfast!
Many thanks & best regards,
Mike & Joanna

Reviewed 17 November 2013

Five of us stayed here earlier this year and were very happy with our stay. The building and rooms are old world as you would expect but the staff are brilliant and more than helpful. They could not have been more friendly and helpful, thank you.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
muckle1, Owner at The Lennox Lea Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

Dear Dan T,
I think we are pretty good for families generally as we have so many options with rooms for smaller families of 3 & apartments that can accommodate up to 8 people!
I think families generally struggle with 4 or more in one room when booking Hotels. We ourselves are a family of 5 so we know the implications. For future reference we can get up to 6 in one room!
We really appreciate your review.
All the best Mike & Joanna

Reviewed 13 November 2013

We have just returned from a short break at this hotel. My husband had been working away for a few months and we wanted somewhere just to chill after I met him at the airport. We certainly were not disappointed! I have to say I think the apartment was one of the best hotel accommodations we have ever stayed in and believe me I am really fussy! Everything was beautiful, from the sumptious bed, great en-suite, lovely kitchen/dining area to the really fantastic conservatory lounge with private outside decking/seating area (sadly weather to cold to eat outside). Everywhere was immaculate and the cosy bar and delicious breakfast the icing on the cake. We had originally booked for two nights but were fortunate to be able to increase out stay by a night. The owners and staff were very friendly and helpful, the tram station is a five minute walk away to take you to central Manchester and the Trafford centre is a ten minute, very easy drive away. A great little gem of a hotel, will most definately book again. Thank you for a lovely stay.

Room Tip: Didnt see other rooms, but apartment is wonderful
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
muckle1, Owner at The Lennox Lea Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2013

Dear 60Holiday_12,
Wit woo! we are sooo excited that you loved the apartment. It really has been a great success!
Next time don't forget to book the Chauffeur driven Bentley to collect you from the Airport only £50!
It was lovely meeting you & thanks so much for your brilliant review.
Best regards Mike
P.S. We are dying to stay in the apartment but it keeps getting booked up!
Best regards Mike & Joanna

Reviewed 3 November 2013

Wre chose this hotel as a base for our two night stay to explore Manchester and take in a concert at the Manchester arena. The family run hotel proved to be an excellent choice with a lovely quiet location in Sale but close enough for a five minute walk to the metro station for easy access to the City Centre.
Mike and his staff were all very accomodating and helpful.
We upgraded to the Full English breakfast, which was excellent and very filling! Worth noting that if you book direct with the hotel, you get a Full English breakfast inclusive and at a rate that matches the hotel search engines.
We stayed in the 'Ferguson suite' which proved to be a comfortable,spacious clean room. Had an excellent nights sleep with no noise disruptions at all.
Would not hesitate to use this hotel again when in Manchester.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear toneweb,
Great review which ticks all the boxes! You have made my day.
Thank you so much. It was a pleasure looking after you.
Best regards Mike
Don't forget our new garden apartment next time you're in Manchester!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sale
Belmore Hotel
Hotel Football Old Trafford
Didsbury House
Didsbury House
#3 of 120 in Manchester

Been to The Lennox Lea Hotel? Share your experiences!