“A great place to stay if you're panning to visit Manchester.” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
The Lennox Lea Hotel
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Sale
Manchester
“A great place to stay if you're panning to visit Manchester.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

My American-based company sent me to Manchester on a two-year assignment. The plan was for me to stay in a hotel for couple of weeks till I find a more permanent place to live. But, unfortunately it didn't work that way and I had to wait for 2.5 months for that to happen. My relocation to the UK was very bumpy and everything at the beginning was going wrong except my stay in Lennox Lea hotel. Mike (owner and manager) and his staff did a wonderful job regarding hosting me here and they are very hospitable. I felt welcome a moment I walked into the hotel and they really took a good care of me during my stay. They were very accommodating as well. When I asked them to move me to a bigger room due to having limited space (I had two cats and two big luggages with me), they did it right away.
The only area for improvement I can see is to provide a better internet service in rooms.
If I want to review this hotel in few words I would say: this hotel and Mike and his staff's hospitality has been the highlight of my trip to
Manchester.
I strongly recommend this place if you're planning to visit Manchester and don't want your stay to cost you a fortune.

• Stayed February 2014
2 Thank Hahk
muckle1, Owner at The Lennox Lea Hotel, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Dear Nima,
It was so nice to get your review today. As I get out very little (sad Hotelier or what!) I love talking to & looking after my lovely guests. So glad we managed to turn your stay around after your company initially let you down. We are very honoured that you chose to stay with us so long. We will genuinely miss you but wish you all the best on your time left in this great city.
Best regards Mike & the team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

I stayed on night for the football next day. When i got there i expected a nice room as shown in all the photos, and especially after spending £65 for the night (i even had to cancel at another hotel down the road which was £50 a night because i thought this hotel would be better). After entering the room i was shocked - it was very dated, the furniture was all tattered and old and discoloured, the toilet was old and grey too. It was a small room and couldn't really swing a cat but i wasnt looking for a big room anyway, but i expected it to be a little bigger. Even the TV has to rest on the window sill, and the curtains had to be drawn behind it, which didnt look right. Also, the shower was simply installed in the corner of the room, and didnt have a roof! The sink was part of the room too and was an old green dated one, and part of the unit was a set of draws where only one opened. The good thing as is standard in all UK hotels was the tea and coffee and hot chocolate on offer, with a kettle to use.

The night itself was very noisy, with people walking in all night and people slamming doors - it seems it wasnt the respectable hotel i thought it would be. Also, the toilet made an extremely loud noise when it flushed as it had a unit attached to help it flush i think.

The bar looked nice but i didnt get to use it. The next day they let me keep my car there until i got back from the match, which was helpful. Also, only 2 minutes walk away was a parade of shops which included Fish and Chips shops and other restaurants and pubs. There is a restaurant by the canal which looks nice too. The Sale Metrolink is 5 minutes walk and only 3 stops from Old Trafford and only takes 5 minutes to get there.

Overall, i had a good night's sleep apart from being woken at one point due to the noise, but was let down due to them not investing in single rooms which means the solo traveller tends to suffer which i think is unfair. I paid £65 for a night which should give me quality but my room was not worth it.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank BVH123
muckle1, Owner at The Lennox Lea Hotel, responded to this review, 21 March 2014
Dear BVH123,
I do actually agree with you on this occasion. It would have been nice if you had mentioned it to me as you checked out so I could have done something about it though!
Please accept our very sincere apologies & we would love to invite you back as our guest & at no cost to you & at a time that would suit you best.
Best regards & I guarantee you will have a pleasant outcome next time!
Mike & Joanna
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

We have just spent a weekend at this hotel and it was perfect, ideal situation to get to everything, very friendly, lovely and clean beautiful food, full English breakfast was mouth watering, can not fault at all thank you very much
Darren and Jo-anne x

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
muckle1, Owner at The Lennox Lea Hotel, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Dear Joanne S,
You are a legend in your own lunchtime! You are lovely people & that's why it's so easy to look after you!
Hope to see you again.
All the best Mike & Joanna
Scarborough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

My partner and I stayed on 1st March as we were at a concert at the Arena in Manchester. The staff could not be more courteous and helpful from the moment we arrived to leaving. The room was immaculately clean and the bed extremely comfortable. We were given a late key and had a fabulous breakfast on Sunday. Really is easy to get into Manchester from here and would recommend if you are looking for somewhere nice and clean to stay where they really look after you.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
muckle1, Owner at The Lennox Lea Hotel, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Hi Julie H,
You are a wonderful woman! Thank you so much, it makes it all worthwhile.
All the best Mike & Joanna
Redditch, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

I found this venue very comfortable. It was very quiet on the Thursday night I stayed, and this in room 18 at the front of the building. This character filled hotel might appear to be a blast from the past, however I loved it. I just could not find a bad word to say about this hotel. And this from one who's last job was a hotel night porter for 12 years. I recognised all the areas of attention and in my experience I was fully satisfied by what I discovered. May I recommend you give these really nice people a go. And if you are going anywhere special, they will arrange for a small fee, a trip in the Bentley! GDP

Room Tip: I stayed in room 18, friends stayed in 25, their room was twice the size of mine and had a bathroom...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
muckle1, Owner at The Lennox Lea Hotel, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Good morning Gram P,
You're a good man & we love your review & yes you can book the beautiful Bentley Arnage for as little as £50!!
Thank you so much for your time.
Best regards Parker
Birmingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014

Myself, my partner and a friend booked two rooms for an overnight stay on Saturday 1st Feb 2014 as we were going to a friend's lunchtime party nearby. Nice area,plenty of free parking at the hotel with a variety of restaurants, pubs, eateries nearby and within easy walking distance of the tram station. Staff were friendly and helpful.

Our room was in the basement, but was a good size and nice layout with everything we needed (tea coffee, kettle, alarm clock, TV) and a good size en suite bathroom which was nicely separated from the bedroom by a little hallway. The hotel is quite an old building and the fixtures and fittings are hardly brand new, but it was clean if a little tired, with a nice quirky character. The bed was really comfy. The saniflow loo is a small issue (noisy and not that efficient, but as long as you treat it properly - as clearly but politely indicated by the notices), it works fine. Our room did not have a shower, but did have a mixer tap with shower hose for hair washing and plenty of piping hot water.

Breakfast was really good. Great choice of bread, cereals, fruit, yoghurt etc and the cooked dishes were fresh, tasty and really well cooked. Helen had scrambled egg as part of her cooked breakfast. When her breakfast arrived, the waitress pointed out that the chef felt the eggs were probably a bit over cooked, but was happy to replace the breakfast to be replaced with freshly cooked, less well done eggs. Helen was happy with the eggs as they were - they were not massively overdone. My poached eggs were perfect!

All in all, hardly the height of luxury, but perfectly adequate and good value for money, We would definitely use the hotel again for an occasional overnight stay.

Room Tip: Basement room was quiet and good.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
muckle1, Owner at The Lennox Lea Hotel, responded to this review, 28 February 2014
JuliaMF,
Thank you so much for your posh review! It sounds really nice though, in fact I'm going to book a room on the strength of it!
Who said it's 'Grim up North'?
Best regards Lord Fawlty
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

My husband and I live in Colorado and I grew up in Sale. We were recently over to visit friends and decided to stay at the Lennox Lea Hotel for 10 days. The staff, especially Mike couldn't have treated us better. They went above and beyond to look after us and make us feel at home. We will definitely stay there again when we go back to Sale later in the year. We have stayed at other hotels in the area, but this is definitely our favorite.The hotel has character and is extremely convenient for public transport. Sale is a very nice town and it is easy to travel from there to Manchester and beyond. It is also a convenient taxi ride from Manchester airport.
Kathy

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Hi Kathy,
You have made & saved my day! It was all going horribly wrong then your lovely review turned up.
I really enjoyed meeting you & look forward to your next visit.
Best regards Mike
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sale
Premier Inn Manchester (Sale) Hotel
Didsbury House
#10 of 115 in Manchester
Hotel Football Old Trafford
BEST WESTERN Manchester Altrincham Cresta Court Hotel

Been to The Lennox Lea Hotel? Share your experiences!