The Lennox Lea Hotel
Travelodge
  • Restaurant
US$100
PremierInn.com
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Restaurant
All reviewsgarden apartmentexecutive roomfull montyowners and stafflovely parkfive minute walklarge bathroomfull englishbreakfast was amazingmanchester airporttram stationovernight staywashing machinelovely hotelquiet areafriendly welcomesmall bar
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 April 2014

My wife, 2 adult sons and I just stayed here. It is in a residential neighborhood in Sale, and is also convenient to Manchester airport--about a 15 minute drive. The Sale train station is a 10 minute walk and from the train you can get to Old Trafford and Manchester City Center with ease. We stayed in the ground floor 2 bedroom unit, which also had a kitchen and dining area. Everyone at the Lennox Lea was friendly and more than happy to provide any help they could. The full English breakfast options were excellent starts to the day. Will try to stay here again when we visit the Manchester area in the future.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
muckle1, Owner at The Lennox Lea Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

Good morning Arizona,
Thank you Donald K or rather should I call you Donald A OK because your review is fantastic!
We love it & we love it that you came back again on the second part of your trip!
Totally awesome dudes! See we can talk American too!
We loved having you stay with us & your boys are a credit to you.
Best regards & look forward to your next trip to the UK.
Mike & Joanna

Reviewed 23 March 2014

My American-based company sent me to Manchester on a two-year assignment. The plan was for me to stay in a hotel for couple of weeks till I find a more permanent place to live. But, unfortunately it didn't work that way and I had to wait for 2.5 months for that to happen. My relocation to the UK was very bumpy and everything at the beginning was going wrong except my stay in Lennox Lea hotel. Mike (owner and manager) and his staff did a wonderful job regarding hosting me here and they are very hospitable. I felt welcome a moment I walked into the hotel and they really took a good care of me during my stay. They were very accommodating as well. When I asked them to move me to a bigger room due to having limited space (I had two cats and two big luggages with me), they did it right away.
The only area for improvement I can see is to provide a better internet service in rooms.
If I want to review this hotel in few words I would say: this hotel and Mike and his staff's hospitality has been the highlight of my trip to
Manchester.
I strongly recommend this place if you're planning to visit Manchester and don't want your stay to cost you a fortune.

• Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank Hahk
muckle1, Owner at The Lennox Lea Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Dear Nima,
It was so nice to get your review today. As I get out very little (sad Hotelier or what!) I love talking to & looking after my lovely guests. So glad we managed to turn your stay around after your company initially let you down. We are very honoured that you chose to stay with us so long. We will genuinely miss you but wish you all the best on your time left in this great city.
Best regards Mike & the team

Reviewed 18 March 2014

I stayed on night for the football next day. When i got there i expected a nice room as shown in all the photos, and especially after spending £65 for the night (i even had to cancel at another hotel down the road which was £50 a night because i thought this hotel would be better). After entering the room i was shocked - it was very dated, the furniture was all tattered and old and discoloured, the toilet was old and grey too. It was a small room and couldn't really swing a cat but i wasnt looking for a big room anyway, but i expected it to be a little bigger. Even the TV has to rest on the window sill, and the curtains had to be drawn behind it, which didnt look right. Also, the shower was simply installed in the corner of the room, and didnt have a roof! The sink was part of the room too and was an old green dated one, and part of the unit was a set of draws where only one opened. The good thing as is standard in all UK hotels was the tea and coffee and hot chocolate on offer, with a kettle to use.

The night itself was very noisy, with people walking in all night and people slamming doors - it seems it wasnt the respectable hotel i thought it would be. Also, the toilet made an extremely loud noise when it flushed as it had a unit attached to help it flush i think.

The bar looked nice but i didnt get to use it. The next day they let me keep my car there until i got back from the match, which was helpful. Also, only 2 minutes walk away was a parade of shops which included Fish and Chips shops and other restaurants and pubs. There is a restaurant by the canal which looks nice too. The Sale Metrolink is 5 minutes walk and only 3 stops from Old Trafford and only takes 5 minutes to get there.

Overall, i had a good night's sleep apart from being woken at one point due to the noise, but was let down due to them not investing in single rooms which means the solo traveller tends to suffer which i think is unfair. I paid £65 for a night which should give me quality but my room was not worth it.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank BVH123
muckle1, Owner at The Lennox Lea Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2014

Dear BVH123,
I do actually agree with you on this occasion. It would have been nice if you had mentioned it to me as you checked out so I could have done something about it though!
Please accept our very sincere apologies & we would love to invite you back as our guest & at no cost to you & at a time that would suit you best.
Best regards & I guarantee you will have a pleasant outcome next time!
Mike & Joanna

Reviewed 9 March 2014

We have just spent a weekend at this hotel and it was perfect, ideal situation to get to everything, very friendly, lovely and clean beautiful food, full English breakfast was mouth watering, can not fault at all thank you very much
Darren and Jo-anne x

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
muckle1, Owner at The Lennox Lea Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Dear Joanne S,
You are a legend in your own lunchtime! You are lovely people & that's why it's so easy to look after you!
Hope to see you again.
All the best Mike & Joanna

Reviewed 4 March 2014

My partner and I stayed on 1st March as we were at a concert at the Arena in Manchester. The staff could not be more courteous and helpful from the moment we arrived to leaving. The room was immaculately clean and the bed extremely comfortable. We were given a late key and had a fabulous breakfast on Sunday. Really is easy to get into Manchester from here and would recommend if you are looking for somewhere nice and clean to stay where they really look after you.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Hi Julie H,
You are a wonderful woman! Thank you so much, it makes it all worthwhile.
All the best Mike & Joanna