“Exceptional hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Sale
Barnstaple, United Kingdom
“Exceptional hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

Stayed Friday & Saturday evening for visit to MS Life 2014 with wife, son & daughter. Walked into room and was awestruck by the size and cleanliness. Asked for a room on ground floor as my daughter is in a wheelchair and could not have been better (ground floor just around corner from reception). Breakfast absolutely superb with lovely, attentive waitresses. Choice was better than some 5* hotels I have stayed in. Good position for tram stop just up the road to get into Manchester. All in all, excellent value and will definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Can only comment on room 1 which was marvellous!!
muckle1, Owner at The Lennox Lea Hotel, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Good morning Ken W,
We love your review on our new ground floor apartment. Everyone who books it seems to really like it so we are well chuffed!
The only problem is it gets so booked up!
Thank you for your lovely review.
Best regards Mike & Joanna

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

What a great find. We stayed for one night at Lennox Lea hotel & Apartments and we was very happy with all aspects. We stayed in room 20 that was large, clean, airy and the bed was exceptionally comfy. The staff were attentive and friendly. We had our evening meal at the hotel and it was yummy . Was served breakfast in the morning and it was delicious. Had a lovely stay and would recommend this hotel.

1 Thank shaza1960
muckle1, Owner at The Lennox Lea Hotel, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Good morning Shaza1960,
Thank you for your lovely review. We're glad we ticked all the boxes!
Don't forget to book direct with us for the best discount & free breakfasts!
Best regards Mike & Joanna
wirral
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

stopped here for a family reunion in sale and all stayed here, very reasonable, lovely staff, rooms were spotless beds were very comfortable, and the breakfasts were wonderfull, fresh, tasty, cooked superbly and a great selection dont know how the nice lady chef did it all she was run off her feet but didnt miss a beat, the waitress was very lovely and made us very welcome with a huge smile great service all round.
the hotel is in a lovely area too, i already want to plan a trip to sale again now and will definitley stay here again, looking forward to it!

muckle1, Owner at The Lennox Lea Hotel, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
LorraineH,
You are good & beautiful woman! We are not worthy & we love your magnificent review!
The woman who gives me great reviews is the woman that will have my children!
Any chance you could have them next week? We have a chance of going away for a few days!
Joke!!
Thank you so much.
Best regards Mike
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

I stayed there for 3 nights last week. Very nice people. attentive and friendly. The hotel could do with an overhaul sometime but that's a small issue. The rooms are basic, clean and very quiet. i will be back

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
muckle1, Owner at The Lennox Lea Hotel, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Dear Wattenwo,
We will be glad to have you back too!
All the best & thanks for your kind words.
Mike & Joanna
Grimsby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2014

Just returned from a four night stay here, had been allocated a budget single so I upgraded to an executive double, however I ended up in a very pleasant triple.

The room was clean and the double bed very comfortable and the en suite was spacious and modern being fully tiled with modern fittings.

The food here was very good. An excellent buffet offering of fruits and juices and cereals and a full English which was delicious but beat me every morning, all the food was top quality. I ate in the restaurant on two nights and again the food was very good.

My only issue was with the shower which as in common with a lot of the hotels in older buildings like this lacks any real power, it was a dribble at times and did nt really refresh you. I am sure this is something the owners would love to improve on and overall it was not too much of a problem.

A very warm and friendly hotel with excellent and friendly staff. I would recommend thus hotel without any concerns.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
muckle1, Owner at The Lennox Lea Hotel, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Dear 213Alan,
We can't thank you enough for your lovely review.
All the best from Basil & Sybil @ Fawlty Showers
Lulea, Sweden
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014

Wanted to find a hotel for the Manchester Marathon and stumbled across this one after reading many positive things on Tripadvisor.

As I've written before, you set your expectations after the price you pay. For 65 GPB I expected a decent room to get a good nights sleep, not really much more. What I found was also a hotel that values service and that a friendly gesture goes a long way.

The hotel is close to the Metrolink station, maybe a five minute walk, and easy to find. It is a cozy area and the hotel looked magnificent from the outside. When I entered the hotel it instantly got a good feeling. Family owned, really cozy and they really wanted to make sure that the Marathon runners had a good stay.

The breakfast is usually served later on sundays, but they let us choose from a list of things that was to be ready for us to pick up in the morning. A fantastic gesture!

I have no idea how old the hotel is, but the room felt pretty old. Not worn down or dirty, just a little bit old and the walls are quite thin. When someone used the bathroom upstairs it woke me up caused it seemed like the house was under attack for a couple of seconds :) But I slept well in the bed.

But, as I said, you get what you paid for. The same weekend a supporter club that I travelled with payed 2-3 times that amount of money, and the hotel was way awful in comparison to this one.

When I came back to the hotel to pick up my bag and go to the Leisure Center to take a shower after the Marathon I felt a bit naoseaus. The gentleman in the reception made sure I could use a room for a shower, instead of carry all my bags to the Leisure Center. A very nice gesture!

If I were to run the Manchester Marathon once more, I will definitely make a reservation here.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
muckle1, Owner at The Lennox Lea Hotel, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Dear Ortenvik,
That is such a lovely review. It really does make it all worthwhile when someone goes to such trouble! Thank you so much. We loved looking after the marathon runners.
Good look with all your future marathons around the world.
All the best Mike & Joanna
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

Just returned from a really great weekend at The Lennox Lea Hotel, and I must say it exceeded my expectations in every respect. We arrived to support our daughter who was running in the Manchester Marathon. The hotel was ideally suited for this, being just five minutes walk from the Sale Metrolink station which whisked us in and out of the city easily. The management and staff could not have done more to make our stay even better. The parking was uncrowded even though the hotel was fully booked. The rooms were spacious and spotlessly clean. The staff went out of their way to make us feel welcome, and the breakfast was absolutely superb.. the hottest breakfast I have been plated anywhere. Well done to everyone who made us feel so special. We will certainly return again, and this will be the only hotel we will ever choose for Manchester and the surrounding area.

Room Tip: Use the metro link to commute in and out of Manchester.
muckle1, Owner at The Lennox Lea Hotel, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Dear Megamoha,
It was lovely meeting you & the family. Great news that your daughter beat her personal best in the marathon! I did a marathon once, couldn't eat all of it though!!
So pleased you enjoyed our breakfasts, they are delicious & very hot.
We look forward to seeing you again next year. Thanks for the time you gave writing your lovely review.
Best regards Nutty Mike
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sale
Premier Inn Manchester (Sale) Hotel
Didsbury House
#10 of 115 in Manchester
Hotel Football Old Trafford
BEST WESTERN Manchester Altrincham Cresta Court Hotel

Been to The Lennox Lea Hotel? Share your experiences!